2010/2011 UEFA Champions League

EddieG

Spurs vs. Real... ugh. I'm actually gonna have to cheer for Spurs in that one. Then again a Real/Barca semi will be fantastic. Shame Shakhtar haven't got Inter because I would've backed them to win that one. Barca will run straight through them though. Schalke have a good chance at getting to the semis, but I don't really care if they do.

Barca vs either Spurs or Real in the semi's promises to be an ace tie either way. I think Spurs have a decent chance against Real, it all depends on that first leg at the Bernabeu, if Spurs can get a decent result with an away goal then I'd fancy them at White Hart Lane.

As for United vs Chelsea, it's not gonna be easy for us but I do think we'll go through. Same applies really, decent result/away goal at Stamford Bridge then it should be smooth running at Old Trafford. The quarter will be harder than the semi fo us I think mind, so if we beat Chelsea I think we'll be looking at our third final in four seasons. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ronaldo seems definately out of the first-leg along with Marcelo and Benzema according to BBC Sport. Higuain could be back from injury for the game though.

I actually dreamt about the game last night, I never normally dream about upcoming football matches.

Spurs scored a 35 yard lob early on but it was disallowed for a poor reason. Then it was 3-3 when I stopped "watching" and later on in the dream I found out it had finished 5-3 to Madrid. <_<

I have no real preference in the Real-Spurs match - Real winning would mean a two-legged tie with Barca, and Spurs going through would make my semi final prediction for them come true...and a chance to match up against Barca.

...well, providing they get past Shakhtar, of course.

My preference in the Spurs/Real match depends entirely whether I have my Strategic Chelsea Fan hat on.

If I were deluded enough to think about Chelsea actually reaching the final and who they might face there, I'd want Spurs to win because I fear Jose in all things.

In all other, more realistic, circumstances however, I'll be supporting the team managed by Mourinho...even if it does have Ronaldo in it. :/

Two bloody stupid set pieces and a wondergoal. Had to turn up tonight and didn't. Recent form was a warning sign but now it's looking silly. After the first half it wasn't that bad but we've been sitting and waiting for Real to score.

Still, 3 isn't completely insurmountable :shifty:

2-5 to Schalke, having trailed 2-0. This shit is bananas.

That would be bananas, especially since it was 1-1.

Well okay, I misheard the commentator. :shifty: Only turned over when it was 2-4.