2010/2011 UEFA Champions League

EddieG

Given that John Terry received a yellow card for standing still and looking at the ball, I can see how the referee would also feel inclined to give one for a slip like that.

Erm, he elbowed Hernandez in the neck

Bollocks! Evra goes to sleep.

WHHOOOOOOOOOOO PARK

Edited by MJB

Given that John Terry received a yellow card for standing still and looking at the ball, I can see how the referee would also feel inclined to give one for a slip like that.

Erm, he elbowed Hernandez in the neck

Erm, hi. John Terry, stood on the ground, eyes fixed on ball flying through the air towards him. Raises arms in preparation to jump, as is traditional in the world of physics. Hernandez, racing in from stage left and eyes not on the ball, runs his face straight into him. Terry, entirely unaware of this charade that's gone on, gets booked for something or other. The plot thickens.

Also lol, my 1-0, 1-1, 2-1 prediction rings true.

Whatever. It's a small point, and I'm not really complaining about the referee in a "grr, red card ruins game" kind of way (besides, we all know the refs are in Chelsea's pocket). Some of the bookings have been a little loose, is all.

Lets all remember that it looks like we'll play Schalke and we don't do too well against German Teams (apart from the '99 Final obviously), we've lost to Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkusen in the knockout stages before. We'll need to play really well again. Let's not get carried away, great win and performance tonight though :)

Edited by MJB

Brilliant result, was nervous the entire way through. Park put in yet another shift and I thought Carrick was bloody brilliant again, he seems to have suddenly found his confidence again. And of course Rooney, how or why anybody thinks this guy isn't playing great right now is beyond me, simply outstanding performance.

The semi certainly favours us, but they aren't to be taken for granted that's for sure. I'd really love to see United/Madrid in the final, but let's not get too carried away yet, still a lot of work to do. Lovely result.

Whoever we play in the semi's we'll play the first leg away which has always been a big advantage for us. I fancy us getting through to the final now though and I don't care if we play Real or Barca it'll be an ace game either way.

Edit: and I agree Carrick was awesome again, the likes of Giggs/Rooney/Hernandez will take the headlines but Carrick was the real work-horse.

Edited by Starvinho

Pleased with the result, and called the 2-1 - stoker had it pretty much spot on, mind.

I didn't have much time to get nervous after Drogba scored, thankfully, because the second it went in, I really thought ''oh, here we go...'' - relieved to say the least.

Bring on Schalke (or Inter!) and then Barca (or Real, or Spurs!).