nPower Football League Thread 2010/2011

Adam

I used to live in Milton Keynes and have friends who still do. Here is the FB status of one of them:

Cheer on Luton? Do I have to? *sigh* Come on and beat those self-righteous whinging AFC'ers

The inevitable Wimbledon v MK match cannot come quickly enough.

• Like 1

• Admin

I'm watching on at work Premier Sports and I haven't seen anything nor have they mentioned any clashes. I thought that it would go to penalties too but Wimbledon just whacked the post!

Paul Buckle has apparently signed on to be Bristol Rovers' new gaffer.

Nolongerboro ruined the moment in the FA Cup this year by dumping both out. Still add in the league cup and more chance of the dream draw coming up.

Will be interesting to see how they perform next year. Think with the right spending Crawley can push for promotion. Wimbledon not sure, took Crawley ages to over haul them so could both be fighting for play offs.

• Admin
Swindon Town manager Paolo di Canio has said he is hoping to bring in players from Italian giants AC Milan.

The 42-year-old former West Ham striker was unveiled as the new permanent boss at the County Ground on Monday.

"I spoke with Adriano Galliani, the chairman of AC Milan, I asked him jokingly to give me some players," he told BBC Wiltshire.

"He said 'seriously come to meet me for young talented players', so hopefully we can start a collaboration with him."

Di Canio also revealed that Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp would "help" the Robins with signings.

It is the Italian's first managerial role, having spent time working as a television pundit in his home country since hanging up his boots in 2008.

"I'm not nervous, I'm happy. I have to thank Swindon Town because they are giving me a first chance.

"For me, I'm starting a new career. I'm a manager, not a footballer anymore. I'm sure about my knowledge, I'm sure about my understanding of football but of course you start thinking about how you're going to start, because you have to start well.

"It's important to choose the right place. I want to have success, I want to win and this is the best place."

Swindon finished bottom of League One this season, and had three different managers throughout the campaign.

Paul Hart was drafted in to replace Danny Wilson in March, but after leading the side to only one win in 11 games, Hart was axed and replaced by reserve and youth team coach Paul Bodin for the final two games of the season.

Di Canio says promotion is his key objective for next term: "Unfortunately the club was relegated, but I think around this club the people want revenge, they want to come back into League One.

"It's not important that we are in League Two because as soon as we can we want to come back.

"When I got to the stadium, I thought one day maybe we would celebrate with the people inside. It would be fantastic.

"I feel excited because I like the responsibility. I like to compete and I like to have a chance because when I used to play I used to like to help the players achieve their limits and their ambition.

"If we win, we win together. For the club, for me, for the players and especially for the fans. I don't want to forget that the fans are the most important part of any club in the world.

"They're the heart, we have to work together for all the people that love Swindon. We have to organise everything now for wins in the future."