nPower Football League Thread 2010/2011

Adam

Do people now always predict the playoff-winners "do a Derby" simply as a lazy reflex or what?

They said the same of Blackpool last year and, although eventually relegated, they in no way approached Derby's low record.

The fact that only three teams* have finished with fewer than 20 points in the history of the Premier League - and two of those were Sunderland - would infer that even utterly abysmal teams (of which there have been a fair few) require a particular combination of bad luck and other unfortunate circumstances to finish that low.

(* - discounting Portsmouth who would have had 28 points without the deduction)

No, I predicted Hull would do it but not Burnley or Blackpool - although I didn't think they'd do anywhere near as well as they did. I just don't think Swansea have the players to pull off their exhibition football style and I don't think they'll change their playing style.

West Brom played that style of football the last time they got relegated. They got humbled and relegated but were by on means embarrased. Swansea more than likely will go down but it does take a very special type of shit to do a Derby and win 1 game.

I'm glad you bolded nearly. I was lost without that bold.

I'm glad to be such an inspiration to you.

Anyway, I don't think by any means that Swansea will beat Derby County's lowest points record. Infact, I don't think anybody will beat that record.

So, back from Wembley, great atmosphere and great game. It was pretty amazing to be 3-0 up by half-time and did nearly crap myself when they scored two and then hit the post. But anyway, bring on the Premier League. I reckon if we play to our best we'll finish 15th. We do need some new talent however.

Love him or hate him (I'm undecided) but Rodgers plays some great football. I can't see a scenario in which Swansea wouldn't get more than Derby. I actually think Swansea will scrape survival next season. The team I think they closest resemble in the Premier League is Wigan (that is the current side, not Paul Jewell's) with the attractive style of play. Both sides need a bit of grit at the back, but Wigan survived by the skin of their teeth this season, and I reckon Swansea will do the same.

So, back from Wembley, great atmosphere and great game. It was pretty amazing to be 3-0 up by half-time and did nearly crap myself when they scored two and then hit the post. But anyway, bring on the Premier League. I reckon if we play to our best we'll finish 15th. We do need some new talent however.

Glad you enjoyed it. Always good when your team succeeds at such a momentous occasion. Enjoy the Premier League next season, you a regular goer?

I've been to about 10 Swansea games this year. It also helps that most are on TV, I try and go when I can and may get a season ticket for next season, but the price and how Premier League games are scheuled may be a problem.

Premier League quality:

De Vries

Rangel

Williams

Dyer

Sinclair

Allen

Britton

Dobbie

Pratley.

May struggle:

Tate

Monk

Gower

Britton

Borini, if he stays.

Get rid of:

Moore

Beattie

Serran.

I think we've got to get a consistent goal-scorer leading the line, which we haven't had since Jason Scotland, we also need to improve at the back imo.

Mind you when Dobbie danced his way into the box and was about 3 yards out and put it miles wide (right before he got substituted), yeah, can't do too many of them in the Premier League. ;)

Ah well - enjoy the season, should be a great year to be a Swansea fan.

Judging from my QPR supporting friend's tweets, do QPR fans have some problem with Welsh teams? His most recent tweet had the hashtag's #welshteamsnotwanted and #GetOutofOurPremierLeague

Everytime he tweets this stuff, I reply telling him how stupid he is.

With a lot of players who've never really had much Premier League experience, it's hard to tell who's Premier League quality. Did anybody think David Vaughan or DJ Campbell would have the seasons they've had? One of the most exciting things is seeing who does well from the promoted teams. I think it'd be a mistake to discard players who have a good understanding with the manager, squad and style of play in favour of expensive (for a team like Swansea what's considered expensive isn't all that much) additions who could go either way.

I would go with Sinclair and Rangel :/

I think all three promoted sides will probably go straight back down next year.

I'd say they were both maybes to be honest, Sinclair is capable of ripping teams to shreds at this level but I can't see him doing the same in the Premiership barring the odd game here and then. Rangel, from what I've seen, seems to be a bit too attack minded and I think that'll cause Swansea problems in the top flight - I could be wrong, he could adapt his game and become more conservative.

If I were to say any of their players could cut it in the top flight it'd be Dyer, will provide a lot of their goals for them next season I'd expect.

With a lot of players who've never really had much Premier League experience, it's hard to tell who's Premier League quality. Did anybody think DJ Campbell?

I can't believe how well he's done. He barely look United Counties league quality while he was with nolongerboro!

• Admin
Queens Park Rangers' Adel Taarabt has stormed out of the Moroccan camp after learning he would not start Saturday's African qualifier against Algeria.

The temperamental midfielder has vowed to quit international football for good after being told he would start the Marrakech clash on the bench.

"I am currently in Marseille," he told Moroccan station Radio Mars on Friday.

"I never want to play for the national team again, with or without (Morocco coach) Eric Gerets."

Moroccan sports correspondent Hakim Gazaoui has told the BBC that fans in Morocco have reacted with anger to Taarabt's move.

After the playmaker, 22, was told he would be benched for the Group D clash, he reacted by flying to France.

"I decided to quit the national team after learning that I was not going to start against Algeria," Taarabt explained.

"I left without giving any explanations to the coach. I did not want to create any problems within the squad."

"The national team is now finished for me. I would now prefer to represent my country through my club."

Taarabt was a key factor in QPR's promotion to the Premier League, being named the Championship player of the year.

He has had problems with the Moroccan team before, reacting badly again when forced to start last October's 2012 Nations Cup qualifier against Tanzania on the bench.

Having played for France at youth level, Taarabt made his debut for the land of his birth in 2009.

Morocco were already without freescoring Ajax Amsterdam striker Mounir al-Hamdoui as they try to turn the tables on Algeria, having lost 1-0 when they clashed in March.

Both Morocco and Algeria are in the bottom half of Group D, trailing Central African Republic and Tanzania, although all four teams boast four points at present.

:rolleyes: