nPower Football League Thread 2010/2011

Adam

Stevenage take Torquay on today in the League 2 Play-Off Final, with rumours about Buckle's departure to Bristol Rovers following the side in yellow. Old Trafford looks pretty empty, but it should be a decent match. Predictions and preferences? I'm thinking Torquay to win, but I'd like Stevenage to win it.

I reckon Torquay too, but I suppose if Stevenage win then their FA Cup win over Newcastle isn't as much of a story if its the team that was promoted from League 2 rather than 'ex non league minnows' Stevenage...

What a great story and season for Stevenage, what with the FA Cup run and now this. Two consecutive promotions is a superb achievement, and they deserve to enjoy this. Commiserations to Torquay though, I thought both teams gave it their best today, and it made for an entertaining, if not exactly thrilling, play off final.

Kick off delayed by 15 due to road accident. Trains also awful though due to a tyrain bringing down cables northbound, got friends who left at 9:30 this morning and only made it by 2 mins to go before kickoff due to the delayed start. It wouldn't have been many more but anyone leaving a little after than wouldn't have had a chance of getting to the game.

Incredibly happy but pissed off I was on the air so couldn't get up there. More stadium improvements planned over the Summer and can't believe I'll be seeing the likes of Sheffield Wednesday coming to Broadhall Way for league matches next season. Hoping it's not too fast, too soon. Going to be a tough year but going to enjoy it.

:( Wanted Huddersfield to go up, sure I'd have to put up with the Huddersfield fans I know pretending we have a rivalry and then gloating for weeks on end when they inevitably beat us in their cup final but I couldn't have possibly wanted Fergie jr to win.

Just to bring up my favouritest subject of shite pundits and analysts again, as it's been weeks since I had a good moan I'm sure. Did anyone hear Iain Dowie's 'expert' views on the Championship final?

Apparently Jimmy Kebe will be a good addition from the bench for Reading (just back from a long lay off I believe) as he'll be able to get at left back Ian Harte.. oddly though, Harte is Reading's left back so I'd muster Kebe wouldn't be that effective if he's running at his team mate after he comes off the bench.

Also Swansea will be relying on Borini on loan from Chelsea, and just behind him will be Scott Dobie. I think Swansea putting their hopes on a 32-year-old striker on loan at Bradford from St. Johnstone would be folly. Perhaps instead they should rely on Stephen Dobbie, a player who is actually part of their squad and a much younger and more prolific striker.

Keep it up Dowie. You're a credit to the pundits and analysts everywhere with your insightful knowledge of the game. Bravo.

• Like 1