Football Manager 2011

Dan

Enjoying a decent start to my Reading game. 2nd in the Championship after 7 games with Villa away to come in the League Cup 3rd Round. Brought in Seamus Coleman and Magnus Eikrem on loan and both are awesome, and signed Mphela (I forget his first name), the South African forward, who has banged in 5 in 6.

Enjoying it so far, though we're not winning games comfortably. I'll be more than happy if we can hang around the playoffs considering the board just want a top half finish. Just lost my best player, Matt Mills, to injury for 8 week though, which could scupper my plans.

But enjoying FM again is a good thing, or a bad thing depending on how you look at it!

Mphela is quality.

Eastern Europe... I always love playing there. On FM10 I loaded up all the Eastern European/Former Yugoslavian leagues I could Download and played a journeyman within those nations... Started at the bottom of Montenegro and eventually got into the first division of the Croatian League. Then other things came up and I left it.

I'm not sure if any has done those leagues for FM11 yet but it's a different game there almost.

I landed in Iceland on a previous one and couldn't tell who was who because the names were so damn similar. I think I'm going to have to use the nicknamer to save myself some problems with these foreign gentlemen.

Damnit, missed out on a chance to his 3rd in League 2. 16 games played. We're 6th. Media prediction was 20th. Reuben Noble Lazarus has been a great asset since Barnsley sent him to us on loan. He's done what most of our attacking players haven't really been able to do and score goals regularly.

Are you relying on scouts? If so, get new scouts, if not, start relying on them :shifty:

I go through plenty of scouts... I can only afford one, and every six months he will get approached by a bigger club (most recently Nottingham Forest) and I'll have to go find another.

The good thing about this is that it makes me a decent profit. Typically I get paid around £60,000 compensation for losing a scout, but when I go to sign another one I pay closer to £12,000. The bad thing is that the calibre of the scouts I can attract (i.e. are 'interested') has dropped. Whereas I could previously get scouts with Judging Ability of 15 and Judging Potential of 14, the best scout I was able to get the last time only had a J.A. of 11 and a J.P. of 9.

Found one of the add-ons for the lower tiers of the English football league - Sheffield FC here I come! :w00t:

My team fear getting near the top of the league. Every time we have a chance to do so, we lose. Against Aldershot we ended up with 9 men on the pitch!

Will Keane and Ravel Morrison from Man United are fantastic in the game!, I usually don't throw youth in so early but after being ravaged by injuries and suspension and falling behind in the league I threw in Morrison to replace an over-worked Antonio Valencia and he's done great, sets Rooney up a lot.

I stuck with Will Keane through my entire Carling Cup campaign and he scored in all games but the final against Villa, also scored against Marseille away in the Champions League when we were on the verge of going out!.

In contrast, I love it when I get so sick of transfer offers that I slap on a silly value on the player, and then a club actually bids that much.

I'm sorry, but you do you really wish to pay £1.5 million for this player, Southampton? This player that the game auto-values at £75k and can't even make a regular starting place on my Conference team?

Well, let me go away and think about it............

:w00t:

Bank balance quadrupled in a week!

Fuck minimum fee release clauses.

To hell with you, Barry Laker! Go to Gillingham, like I care. I didn't need a team captain anyway!:angry:

Speaking of; has anyone yet encountered a team whose Captain is actually their most influential player? >_>

Yes, Palmeiras's captain is Marcos and he is the most influential player... But he retired in my game so...

Thing is, the player probably is worth that much in their league, but because of you and your leagues reputation you usually have to suffer. They probably actually got a bargain <_<

I care not a jot. That money should be all I need to clinch this season's push for promotion.

THIRD DIVISION, HERE I COME BABY, WOOO!