Football Manager 2011

Dan

In my Barca game Gerard Pique always tried to score a goal and never succeeded, not long kick, short kicks, headers, rebounds, none.... and then after about 10 matches he finally scored against Athletic Bilbao and since then for the next 3-4 matches he scored every match..... somebody needed an opener here....

Cheers for the link GSP, saved me going through and looking for everything (Y)

OK a little update in my game...

It turned out it wasn't a 6 game losing streak, it was a '6 games without a win streak. I found this out by winning my first 3 matches making it 6 games without a loss.

So I think my tweaked formation of 4-3-1-2 (Heavy on the left) has paid off, including a win over 2nd placed Ersboda.

Started off in 10th spot and have moved into 6th, 8 points from the leader.

Even though I'm only 3 matches in, I'm actually enjoying this save, but we'll see what happens when I lose a game or 2.

Edited by Rocky Feller

What specs are your PC and how does it run with all them leagues on?

I wouldn't have a clue what the specs are. I know it's got to be about 4-5 years old with some upgrades...

According to the "Can you run it?" site these are my specs.

23113704.th.jpg

I passed the minimum requirements and it'll run fast (??)

But on FM It gave me a 1/2 star rating while I was selecting the leagues :P

I haven't had any problems as of yet, but it takes a while to get through game days (But I figure that's because there are a shitload of games to be played.)

Yeah - before my game, running two nations (England and Spain) and four leagues (Prem, C'ship, La Liga, Liga Adelante) gave me around 2.5 stars, with my PC performance at half a star. The game still runs really well ...even if I can't do a whole lot in the background without my PC slowing down - not an issue for me though, because I just use my PS3/mobile phone if I need to do anything non-FM related.

It isn't exactly ideal, but until I fork out on a PC that runs games very well, I'll have to make do. :shifty:

I made a start to my Atletico game earlier, after not getting a lot of time to play over the weekend...

I signed Park for £3.9m from United, and also got Macheda on loan for the season. Barca made Maxwell available for loan, so considering I don't have a lot of options at left-back, I picked him up too. And in my final piece of business, I stumbled upon Ryan Babel who Liverpool were happy to accept a fee of ''0'' for - his agent tried getting me to pay around 82k a week, but I got that down to 62k, 2k more than he was getting at Liverpool.

I got my assistant to deal with the friendlies, and a 4-1 win over Juve was the pick of them.

My first game in charge was against Inter in the Super Cup. I have two formations created, one for at home, one for away, with the home one being the more attacking of the two - I went with that one against Inter, because there's no point in waiting to get beat...

It worked - two for Aguero and one for Forlan gave me a 3-0 win, and plenty of praise from the board and fans. :D

I just beat Sporting Gijon in my first league game 2-0, with Aguero and Forlan scoring again. I have fun when I'm winning at this game, so long may it continue. :shifty:

Played out the rest of my season. Maintained my unbeaten record until 3 rounds remained where I ended up losing all 3 remaining matches.

This put me from 5th down to 10th (where I was when I started) This doesn't put me in good stead for my contract being extended :P

I now have to play a play-off relegation match. missing instant relegation by only 1 point.

So I have one more match to possibly save my job as there is no playable league below the current one I'm in.

If I get fired, it will be my shortest stint in a FM position EVER! But that's the fun of a Journeyman Career.

I avoided relegation and got a one year extension on my contract.

I have a few new players coming in over the off season to add some depth. Still after a solid keeper.

I should be able to push forward and safely stave off relegation but the challenge is to aim for promotion.

Yeah - before my game, running two nations (England and Spain) and four leagues (Prem, C'ship, La Liga, Liga Adelante) gave me around 2.5 stars, with my PC performance at half a star. The game still runs really well ...even if I can't do a whole lot in the background without my PC slowing down - not an issue for me though, because I just use my PS3/mobile phone if I need to do anything non-FM related.

It isn't exactly ideal, but until I fork out on a PC that runs games very well, I'll have to make do. :shifty:

It gives me 4 stars when I run England down to BSP, Spain 1 & 2 and Serie A.

Tempted to throw all leagues on for a laugh.

Just did it, left a couple of Asian and South American leagues off.

95 leagues playable :w00t:

I avoided relegation and got a one year extension on my contract.

I have a few new players coming in over the off season to add some depth. Still after a solid keeper.I should be able to push forward and safely stave off relegation but the challenge is to aim for promotion.

This. Constantly this. The only person I've found reasonable is Frank Fielding, who I can get on a season long loan or a purchase and works quite well for any Championship and below level side.

I'm now with Woking who are part timers in the BSP, it is not going well. Part time players cannot play football.

Check the Greek under 21's for a player called Kasparados or something, I signed him up to Woking when I had a go with them, he is really good at that level, and he is a free!

95 Leagues on and it took around 25 minutes to set-up the databases.

I remember CM 99/00 it took 3+ hours on our crappy old PC to set-up a small game at Christmas, my excitement of getting it after playing it soon turned to disgust at how long it took. Was still awesome though.

Edit: Hibs offered me a job...surely something not right there.

Edited by Version Dan