Football Manager 2011

Dan

Can you still use saves made in the demo on the retail version? I might try the demo out to see how my computer handles the game.

EDIT: Ok, I found out that you can - but I gather that even if I was to start my game in the demo, and a patch was released in a few weeks to fix a game-breaking issue, I'd need to start afresh for it to take effect anyway?

Ugh, I'm still gonna give it a try.

It should work, but remember that the demo only allows you to load one nation with a small database. If that's all you want with the full game, it's no issue, but just don't use it as an accurate guide as to how the game will run if you want to load multiple leagues simultaneously and in full detail.

"You sit here as the new manager of Arsenal. Is this your dream job?"

*storms out*

^_^

... oh man I have to do that now >_>

So I just got hammered 5-0 by Norwich after my captain and Tristan got injured within hours of one another, player confidence dropped like mad and they just showed no effort in the match. I'm trying not to shake things up too much to upset people, and it seemed to work against Middlesborough as we only conceded one goal (own goal) early on, but again in the dying minutes they added another goal to make the loss look worse than it was. Cacking myself now because we've only got four points within five matches in the league, but we've absolutely blinded competition in the league cup, which I'm hoping to keep up to distract people from the poor league showing so far (we were only expected third round in league cup, which we've reached, but we are expecting a promotion run in the league).

Coming in to December in my second season as United, and in 9th position, after a truly horrible run of results. May have lost the dresing room too. Vidic said he was upset that we were underachieving, so I told him we should all rally together. Apparently, this was not an option for Vidic, and when I tried to leave it, Ferdinand, Berbatov, Obertan and Evra all complained that I treated Vidic unfairly. Gotta pull this back before January, or I can see it going very, very wrong.

Absolutely caned it into April. Got to the CL semis, first in Prem, though thats only on goal difference, and Chelsea have a game in hand, so they may go ahead, out of FA Cup and LC. Catalyst was the Club World Championships. Won that, barely, and the wins kept rolling in. And the fikle bastards on my team suddenly resolved their problems when the wins came.

I've been trying to get this since yesterday, but all of my local ASDA and Tesco stores are out of stock at the moment. :(

Gonna try ASDA again tomorrow.

I probably won't play it much, nor do I have a clue who I'm going to play as when I do get it - if 08 is anything to go by, I'll spend half an hour on the "add manager" screen, before ending up selecting United, doing the pre-season, starting off the season badly and never touching the game again. :shifty:

I wouldn't mind playing some kind of network game with a couple of you though.

I've been trying to get this since yesterday, but all of my local ASDA and Tesco stores are out of stock at the moment. :(

Gonna try ASDA again tomorrow.

I probably won't play it much, nor do I have a clue who I'm going to play as when I do get it - if 08 is anything to go by, I'll spend half an hour on the "add manager" screen, before ending up selecting United, doing the pre-season, starting off the season badly and never touching the game again. :shifty:

I wouldn't mind playing some kind of network game with a couple of you though.

What's wrong with Steam?

Just finished my first season with Hearts and it was a roaring success.

Scottish Cup winners after thumping Celtic 3-1 in the final and 2nd in the SPL which sadly means Europa League because of how bad Scottish teams have been in Europe lately.

David Templeton is the best player on the game. 4-5-1 with Driver/Templeton on the wings with Griffiths upfront (16 goals after I bought him in January) is heavenly.

Love this game :D

I don't think anyone here would have the balls for a network game. :shifty:

I remember we tried it in the 2008 game (when I last had it) but it lasted about one round of games, mainly because of the RIDICULOUS amount of goals being scored, which was a bug that was never fixed in the game - it meant most human vs. human games had an average of of 5 goals, and at 3-0 up you were far from safe. >_>

I would imagine in the three years since, the problem has been sorted out...

Anyone else finding that they're hitting the woodwork a silly amount of times? In nearly every game I seem to be hitting it at least twice, and more often than not it's happening 3, 4 or sometimes 5 times a game. It's not just from long range either.

One-on-one's are weird as well. Torres, who I'm playing as a lone striker, gets loads of them in every game, but his conversion rate is around 1 in 5. These are generally clear one-on-ones as well, where he isn't being pressured by defenders.