Football Manager 2011

Dan

I am not a huge fan of the signing fees. Every time I try and enter contract negotiations with Ashley Young (and I am Chelsea, mind you), my board restrictions won't allow me to give Young the signing bonus his agent demands of him. Anyone know what you have to adjust so you can give him the signing bonus? I have more than enough room in my transfer budget for the transfer fee plus signing bonus, so not sure what you would have to adjust. I could see something like this being a pain in the ass throughout most of the game in terms of signing quality players.

Been playing on this pretty much non stop and thought i would give my opinions on it

• Agbonlahor is still vastly underrated
  • Newcastle are too good
  • Tevez is awesome as is Silva and Milner
  • The new private chat feature is excellent
  • Man City board will pretty much give you whatever you want if you ask

I still haven't really played it much but they've made some great improvements - I don't understand why it's taken them so long to include the private chat but it's good stuff. That's actually the sort of thing that would make me buy this since I like to stay with one team (a good one, mind you - signing decent European players is too much of an essential ingrediant for me to ever enjoy LLM) and blood the youngsters through over like 15/16 seasons, and the private chat is just gonna make the experience with the players so much better.

Ah, they've made Sheff Utd realistically bollocks. A 1-0 loss to Hull and a limp 2-1 win over Accrington Stanley in the League Cup... Managed to sign Olivier Kapo on a freebie tho.

I'll do what I always do with FM games and get it when it goes down to about £20 just before Christmas. The last few years I've enjoyed playing as Man City and using the money to build my own squad, although this year with a squad built that might not be as fun. I'm mulling over playing as Bayern in the full game.

Ah, they've made Sheff Utd realistically bollocks. A 1-0 loss to Hull and a limp 2-1 win over Accrington Stanley in the League Cup... Managed to sign Olivier Kapo on a freebie tho.

I'll do what I always do with FM games and get it when it goes down to about £20 just before Christmas. The last few years I've enjoyed playing as Man City and using the money to build my own squad, although this year with a squad built that might not be as fun. I'm mulling over playing as Bayern in the full game.

I've started a Sheff Utd game too. Here's how I've done thus far:

Managed to get Chelsea as a parent club :D

Transfers

In

Guillermo Franco (Free) - His wages are around 9k and took me over budget. However, I argued with the board to increase my total wage budget and managed to get it put up :D

Gael Kakuta (Loan) - from Chelsea

Sam Walker (Loan) - from Chelsea. Thought I'd try and get an extra keeper seen as though I don't have to pay his wages. Between him, Simonsen and Richard Wright I have a pretty awesome set of shot stoppers.

Patrick van Aanholt (Loan) - from Chelsea

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (Loan) - from Arsenal

Out

Lowton to Chesterfield (Loan) - for experience, and they are also paying 100% wages.

Games

League

a Hull 0-0

h Bristol City 1-0

a Portsmouth 0-1

h Reading 3-2 (Was 2-0 down at HT)

a Norwich 4-0

h Palace 1-0

edit:

a Coventry 3-0

Cup

a Lincoln 2-0

a Derby 2-1

Franco's got 5 in 7, Ched Evans has 3 in 4 and a bunch of others have 1 each.

I play 4-4-2 and for the in-match tactics from the Reading game onwards have played: Get Ball Forward, Shoot on Sight, and Hassle Opponents in every game.

So has anybody uploaded any highlights to youtube yet? I tried to upload my 8-0 trashing of Blackpool, and after 40 minutes of uploading, something failed apparently.

Yeh I managed to upload 1 goal that's about it. I scored a 40 yard first time screamer with Man.City tried to upload it but my demo crashed and then I tried to upload full match highlights (All the goals basically) and it got to the end then said it failed to upload.