Football Manager 2011

Dan

The link I posted was updated squads for 97/98, I'd prefer an updated 01/02 though.

I forgot how long these old CM's took to load, I remember having 01/02 install and start a new game for around 4 hours on Christmas day way back in 2001.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

The link I posted was updated squads for 97/98, I'd prefer an updated 01/02 though.

I forgot how long these old CM's took to load, I remember having 01/02 install and start a new game for around 4 hours on Christmas day way back in 2001.

Surely some of that would be negated by today's newer, faster computers?

Can't wait for FM11. Holding off reinstalling FM10 on my PC because I just really want FM11. Can't decide who I want to start as, I may do the usual and have an Athletic Bilbao game but recently a lower league game has my interest so I may pick Bury, Rochdale, Oldham, Stockport, etc. and see how that goes.

Just can't wait for the updated game with all the new signings in the right place. The game will no doubt contribute to me failing university in some form but I just like it too much.

After asking a question about Spurs and CL seedings etc and stok linking to the UEFA coefficient table it got me into thinking. It would seem plausible to me that the dynamic leagues function in this years FM would mean that it would be possible for coefficients (which are in the game aren't they?) to go up with clubs performing better in Europe which might mean that leagues could gain and lose European places?

After asking a question about Spurs and CL seedings etc and stok linking to the UEFA coefficient table it got me into thinking. It would seem plausible to me that the dynamic leagues function in this years FM would mean that it would be possible for coefficients (which are in the game aren't they?) to go up with clubs performing better in Europe which might mean that leagues could gain and lose European places?

I thought that was already in the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, as I haven't played a game in the series since FM08.

It is? I actually don't think I've ever seen it happening. Then again there are a few things in FM that I've heard of but never seen in game while I've been playing.

Yeh it defo is in there just go Nations > Europe > Coefficients

Ukraine have had a big rise in mine thanks to Shakhtars performances and are now on 3 teams for the Champs League, Russia were the unfortunate souls who lost out, Scotland is on the verge of only have one club allowed in the Champions League. But then I have started a game where I've moved the 'best' Scottish teams down South.

• 2 weeks later...

Changing league co-efficients is definitely in the game now but I am very intrigued by dynamic league reputations. I had a game a long while back where as Bohemians I had won the league something like 5 or 6 times on the trot and had made it to the Group Stage of the Champions League twice. In real life that would lift the profile of the league, even if it was just minimal, but in the game I was consistently limited by the types of players I could bring in. Hopefully this new feature would alleviate that.

• 4 weeks later...

For those who aren't already aware. SI announced the release date of FM11 as 5th November

I'll be looking forward to it. As far as I'm aware, there should also be a demo released a couple of weeks beforehand.

Does anyone know whether or not the retail version of the game can be activated on Steam if one happens to be fortunate enough to purchase it before the official release date? I have recently had a few of my pre-ordered games arrive a day before release, but never anything that requires activation through Steam.