Football Manager 2011

Dan

Is that on the demo, or they have they not updated for the full game?

This is the illegal version. I have already decided to order the legit version. Just for the record. :shifty:

Anyway, in this version they are still being sold.

The newest Eastside Hockey is 2007, apparently.

Does Football Manager 2011 include North American league? MLS, I believe it's called? Apparently Vancouver is getting a team for the 2011 season, maybe I can get on board for them, like I am for the Canucks. :)

But LOL @ Canada and Soccer. :o

Edited by Grimlock

Yes, MLS is on the game.

The guys who make FM also created Out Of The Park Baseball, as you can still clearly see by the design and layout of the game.

Is that on the demo, or they have they not updated for the full game?

This is the illegal version. I have already decided to order the legit version. Just for the record. :shifty:

Anyway, in this version they are still being sold.

Thats what I am doing too. I wont be able to afford it till around Christmas time, but the demo wasn't enough for me, so went the illegal way. Still, they are games I dont mind spunking my money on.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

MLS is the only North American team in the game. Hopefully they've finally found a way to properly code Canadian teams in though rather than pretend they're from the US. <_<

Yes, MLS is on the game.

The guys who make FM also created Out Of The Park Baseball, as you can still clearly see by the design and layout of the game.

Actually Markus Heinsohn created OOTP and put out six or seven versions on his own (and then with Adam Ryland's former company .400 Software Studios) before SI entered the picture in 2005. Some of the early OOTPs were even sold in stores as Season Ticket Baseball. :)

Yep, it includes the MLS and also Canada I believe.

Wait, Canada? I honestly don't know why I thought they were included. :blush:

I think it's just the Canadian cup for Toronto and Vancouver.

MLS is the only North American team in the game. Hopefully they've finally found a way to properly code Canadian teams in though rather than pretend they're from the US. <_<

Yes, MLS is on the game.

Actually Markus Heinsohn created OOTP and put out six or seven versions on his own (and then with Adam Ryland's former company .400 Software Studios) before SI entered the picture in 2005. Some of the early OOTPs were even sold in stores as Season Ticket Baseball. :)

I stand corrected, I know SI were involved at some point, and like I said, the current OOTP's layout looks a lot like EHM/FM

Yes, MLS is on the game.

afaik MLS is the name of the League, not a club. It has like 3 Canadian clubs, I think. Two starting in 2011, lol.

Does it run every league at once? Or does it only run one league you pick? I only played the Demo and went undefeated as the Celtics from Scotland, for a few games, cause I'm awesome. I signed some 20 year old from Canada and made him start for the lulz, >.>

Is OOTP Baseball as good as FB? I'm more familiar with Baseball, but I don't really like it, and I just I haven't given Soccer much of a chance (other than Megaman Soccer, of course). I don't like American Football much, but I do enjoy video games such as Madden. Hockey is the sport I generally watch if any (I saw Finland vs Sweden during the 2010 Olympics live, in person, was greatest experience, ever. Who else can say they've seen an Olympic sporting event live at the arena?) Basketball was my sport of choice as a kid, I enjoyed playing it, and I hated playing Soccer, because playing with those Cleats in the snow was brutal. Frozen feet suck.

Honestly, to me it's about taking a mediocre sports team , and making it the best it can be and winning whatever Championship their team/club goes for. I don't mind as much about what sport it is, as much as I want to have as realistic a sports simulation I can get.

I love simulation games, which is why I love TEW and WMMA, but I want one that's not Pro Wrestling, and one that's not MMA, I want one that's a *team* sport. You know? Sure WMMA is great, but it's not about building a great team.

Edited by Grimlock

Fuck.

I'm addicted again. Got it today and I've just blasted through the pre-season friendlies as Leicester. Had some very fun matches but struggled more than expected in two of my final three matches.

In the first five outings we faced three teams from the division below, plus our own reserves and then a local team. 16 goals for us and only 1 against. Confident the team was doing well, I decided to check out my back up keepers going into a match with another team in the league below, opened the match and within twenty minutes we'd conceded two and the defence was all over the place, so I switched back, pushed heavy on the attack and managed to scrape back two goals for a draw.

Then had a pair of friendly cup matches, barely just losing to the clearly (on paper) superior Hércules 1-0 in the dying minutes. The final friendly was an absolutely off the hook scorcher with Hibernian which ended with us going 5-3 victors. We never went behind, but Hibs had me worried every time they scored (again, I was testing out a back up keeper).

Star players thus far are Matty Fryatt who scored an average of a goal a game played (I rested him for one match for fitness and to give other players a chance), Yuki Abe has been my key playmaker down the centre, and Jack Hobbs, who is the key to our defence and seems to be a better Captain than the head captain (who has performed the most averagely out of all the players).

Made some good signings too, got Jimmy Walker on a free as my new secondary goalie, going to throw him in the reserves so he can earn a bit of match fitness; primary goalkeeper is more than good enough to handle it anyway. Grabbed Michael Ball on a free as well, covering a minor hole in my left side of defence; I've now got a good set of back up/rotation in the rear. Signed two under 18's to contracts, I forget their names, but they're both midfielders and both have been called up to their national U21 teams. Thrilled to have signed Diego Tristan for free (again, what can I say? I love a bargain) to bolster my already powerful attack; he seems to be a good playmaker but has poor fitness, going to be a sub who comes on regularly methinks. Last two were two dutch midfielders for my wings, Andy van der Meyde (again... free) and Danny Gujit (only player I've actually spent some cash on, which was in the interest of helping van der Meyde settle in too £325k).

Phew. Forgot how fun this game is and the "one more go" factor is strong. Just hoping my season starts as well as my friendlies did, since I've basically boasted that I'm going to crush the other most likely promoted team in the opening match (QPR) when he called me out.

I knew it was a bad idea to start a Chelsea game (on the demo). I spend ages playing through the friendly matches, and then get blitzed by United in the Community Shield. It's such a demotivator. :shifty:

This may have something to do with how I never go into too much detail with the tactics - little more than "That formation...attack a bit more...done".

I don't really do that much, I evaluate the pre-match notes the coaches give and maybe add some marking or aggressive tackling to individuals, but generally I just add small bits that I notice we're failing on in highlights and ALWAYS add direct passing, unless we're playing a pace filled side.

Just finished my opener against QPR. Martin Rowlands looked to prove me wrong after I played down his ability and created a goal within the opening twenty, I switched from closing them down to playing at their own game and went offensive. It was all going well, constant attacks and just before half time I pulled one back... then they managed to pull one back about one minute later before half time again. Stayed like that for the rest of the game, the second half was dull and we walked away with a let down victory.

Thankfully, the goal was scored by my signing, Tristan. Debut hero :D