Football Manager 2011

Dan

One-on-one's are weird as well. Torres, who I'm playing as a lone striker, gets loads of them in every game, but his conversion rate is around 1 in 5. These are generally clear one-on-ones as well, where he isn't being pressured by defenders.

I've been getting that on every version since it started, Gonzalo Higuain's awesomeness on 07 aside. But yeah, I have noticed it on this version. Stuff like the goalie being a couple of yards off his line, the striker being a few yards back and having virtually the whole net to aim for but kicking it straight at the little section where the keeper's stood. Very annoying and happens literally all the time.

I haven't had a chance to play this properly yet. Well that's a lie, I have, I just haven't been assed to do it. I might play for a bit today.

Edited by Pesci

I'm playing as Woking and I'm about 16 games into the season and in 10th place. Well, my board and fans aren't super happy about it, but every time I get a 'Woking manager under pressure' news item I suddenly kick into over drive and win a game or two on the trot. I had an amazing pre-season, racking up some big wins, my first game of the season I trounced someone 4-1 or something and from then on I couldn't buy a goal until I changed to a 4-5-1. I'm back to a 4-4-fucking-2 now and I'm gradually getting results.

Weird game. I'll be surprised if I keep my job until the end of the season.

Did my usual thing of started with no reputation, unemployed and holidaying till I got a club, of which I got the Spanish B1 league team Conquense by December. They were rock bottom, no money, no players, way out of thier wage budget. I've got to March and it's still not looking great, I'm in the relegation playoffs, but I just cannot get any wins going. This was a fucking awful idea. I do love the new layout though (I never played 10), it's easy as hell to use, and the new tactics options are quite excellent.

Well, ended up second in the Prem, and lost t Arsenal in the CL final, a repeat of the previous years final, just the opposite result. Kinda zoned out during the transfer market, made a few signings of kids, but forgot Van Der Sar was retiring, and am left with Amos in goal. Oh well, in keeping with that, I decided that since I am safe for this season, barring absolutely shocking results that is, I am just gonna go headlong into blooding youngsters. Amos, Cleverly, James and Petrucci, all in the first team squad now.

Still cant seem to sell any players. Carick, Anderson and Gibson all released on frees, Valencia in the reserves. Only player I managed to sell was James Chester.

Edited by shaneo

I'm thinking of games. Either something like AFC Wimbledon or going to some league I've never gone to like Norway or Denmark or somewhere else.

Any suggestions?

I went with Atletico because I liked the look of their squad overall, even if the defence is weak...

Transfers off in first window, because y'know, that's the way it should be... and it's a bloody good job. I have nothing to spend. At all. Even if I said I'd challenge/win La Liga outright, I still have £0 to spend. I guess they're in big debt. >_>

My target is to finish in the top 7 - achievable, especially if I can get a few in on loan... and if the board let me.

Oh dear, had forgotten that it shows up as £0. ¬_¬

It seems my La Liga game is on hold, anyway - apparently there's a bug in the Spanish league which means that two yellow cards equal a one game ban, as opposed to the five yellow cards. A pretty ridiculous bug considering the "testing" that supposedly goes on.

SI get kids to test the game. Any surprise?

I don't even consider starting a long term game till at least the second patch. Some of the bugs in the v1 versions of previous games have been shocking.

• Like 1