Football Manager 2011

Dan

Have I got it mixed it up that the patches install automatically if you're running FM through Steam?

They should, but for any patch to take effect, you'll need to start a new game.

Not so. SI announced that the patches ARE saved game compatible.

Yeah, I've had a couple of exceptions, but generally almost every match ends in a three goal difference, and if not then there tends to be a ridiculous amount of goals (like the six you had).

I haven't really. Aside from a 4-3, 4-0 and 4-1 (the one I posted against Port Vale) generally I only manage 2-0s and 1-0 wins.

My biggest win was 5-1 against Birmingham the weekend after they were relegated as Newcastle. My last eight game saw me go from 13th to 8th. I drew with Blackburn on the last day and lost out on Europe by goal difference to Villa. One goal and it would have been a fairy tale.

Mid-season saw a rebellion after I removed Nolan as captain and gave it to S.Taylor. Nolan wasn't playing for me as he had been wank all season. Harper, Carroll, Barton and Nolan all kicked up a fuss. All of them now ply their trade elsewhere as all of them had been pants for me anyway. A January signing of Macheda and 9 goals in 13 games spearheaded our revival as did an on-form Jonas. Maybe my favourite season on FM, ever. Was such a wonderful story to it.

I'm still paying 50,000 a week for Barton to play for Blackpool in the Championship. Thankfully, he only has a year left on his 'contract', so I see it as saving myself 20k a week.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Burnley are slip-sliding into freefall. Out of the playoff places for the moment, over my wage cap, and nobody wants to buy any of the players I want to offload, even for free. :(

My inconsistent form at Leicester got me fired :( I lost three main strikers to injury, then when they came back none of them could find the goal.

So now I'm over at Wrexham, and again I'm having striker problems. The defensive line is managing to minimise some speed and strong strikers, but I've not had a single on target shot in my first three games. The sooner the transfer window opens, the better.

My inconsistent form at Leicester got me fired :( I lost three main strikers to injury, then when they came back none of them could find the goal.

So now I'm over at Wrexham, and again I'm having striker problems. The defensive line is managing to minimise some speed and strong strikers, but I've not had a single on target shot in my first three games. The sooner the transfer window opens, the better.

Sounds like your not playing to their strengths, lower division strikers are less adaptable than higher calibre players, so it's no good putting through balls for a guy with 6 pace to chase when he has 17 heading, 15 jumping and 15 strength that would make him an awesome target man.

A quick question since I'm no good with technology- if the Demo worked fine for me, do I need to have to go out and buy some sort of graphics card to get 3D to work in the actual game? The specifications indicate I need some sort of graphics thingy to get the thing to work properly, but it said that for the Demo as well and I had no problems.....sorry if this has already been answered or there's some sort of seperate technical specifications thread, but if anyone knows it would be a great help......

• Like 1

Have you tried loaning players MPH?

A few, but good point, I'm sure somebody would take Lee Grant for the rest of the year.

Try using 'Offer to clubs' and specify loan, with a 50% wage contribution. Also, do you have a parent club? If not, ask/convince your board to get one and pilfer their reserves/youth team.

Sounds like your not playing to their strengths, lower division strikers are less adaptable than higher calibre players, so it's no good putting through balls for a guy with 6 pace to chase when he has 17 heading, 15 jumping and 15 strength that would make him an awesome target man.

I did, but they were still awful. Thankfully I managed to reach the transfer window and brought in several new strikers and a couple of playmakers, seven in total only spending £3.5k. Promptly won 3-0 and 5-2 in my next two matches.

OK Figured I might as well pick this up... Installed it and set up my Journeyman game using the same leagues as last year.

48 leagues from 18 Countries... Oh Boy... I didn't even check to see if I met minimum requirements :unsure:

Hoping to end up somewhere in Eastern Europe to start off with, may be Scandinavia.

But before I get started I should fix up the graphics in the game...

I'm assuming sortitoutsi is still the best spot to go for them?

OK 1 day in and I've got a job ^_^ Wish it was that easy in real life to get a job a year ago :mellow:

Umedalen

Swedish Second Division North.

Currently sitting in 10th spot, I'm guessing at the halfway point in the season. Expectations are 5th place.

A fairly young squad.. Can only really make judgment by the Assistants reports and I really need a better GK.

A bit more depth would be good as I have a 5* player suspended and a 4* injured.

First game is in 2 days, so time to work some magic in a country of which the language I do not peak.

Just got an email... Umedalen have set a league record with their 6 game losing streak :unsure:

Edited by Rocky Feller
  • Like 1

A quick question since I'm no good with technology- if the Demo worked fine for me, do I need to have to go out and buy some sort of graphics card to get 3D to work in the actual game? The specifications indicate I need some sort of graphics thingy to get the thing to work properly, but it said that for the Demo as well and I had no problems.....sorry if this has already been answered or there's some sort of seperate technical specifications thread, but if anyone knows it would be a great help......

I don't see any reason why the graphical requirements of the Demo would differ to that of the full game...so I imagine you would be fine.