Football Manager 2011

Dan

• 5 weeks later...

Terrible night for this to be released I had ( and still have :pervert:) alot of stuff to do. Really liking it so far. It may just be that period when everything feels fresh and pain free but it seems lovely.

Started my first game with Manchester City as a bit of a warm up. Just to get a hold of contract talks and all that good stuff. Want to make sure I understand the new game before jumping into my inaugural Tottenham game. Also itching to try and restore Liverpool and try out AC Milan who have an interesting team.

Edited by rocksta

I went Liverpool basically playing 4-2-3-1 still but an attacking formation. I like the conversational system it adds a bit more depth and overall i'm enjoying it as it seems more smoother and cleaner than the last FM.

Got it last night, played it a bit then and am back on it now.

Went Hearts obviously, mainly to check out stats (not bad for a change) and am currently at the end of October in the demo so it'll be ending soon.

Enjoying the game though, moves really quickly for me, looks good although I could do with a darker skin. Pretty similar to last years with a few touches, which is good as I loved last years game the most out of any FM game.

Realistic too, the game crocked Andy Driver straight away for 3 months <_<

I dunno what it was really. I think I just found it harder with the more simplistic settings :shifty:. I had a good Notts County game but got bored of that when I got into the Championship with a mid-table Prem team. Other than that I didn't really get past the first few games of any season.

I was going to revisit my FM10 game where I was about to start my first season as Liverpool manager but now I am downloading the demo, so I guess I'll give that ago instead.

On 10 I generally played games that involved me messing with the editor ie. managing Vancouver Whitecaps and making the most local team to me in real life playable in the League of Ireland. Dunno what I'll do this year.

Started a game on the demo as Sheff Utd. Seems pretty fun so far, though I'm not sure about the conversational way the board speaks to you. It's a bit... weird.

In random musings I noticed that Burton beat Galatasary 4-2 in a pre-season friendly!

I dunno what it was really. I think I just found it harder with the more simplistic settings :shifty:. I had a good Notts County game but got bored of that when I got into the Championship with a mid-table Prem team. Other than that I didn't really get past the first few games of any season.

Can't understand that. Once you got into a good game it was brilliant as usual. The only thing I hated about it was the press conferences. Had a good game with Millwall and winning the CL with Celtic, so that is probably why I enjoyed it so much. :shifty:

I was going to revisit my FM10 game where I was about to start my first season as Liverpool manager but now I am downloading the demo, so I guess I'll give that ago instead.

On 10 I generally played games that involved me messing with the editor ie. managing Vancouver Whitecaps and making the most local team to me in real life playable in the League of Ireland. Dunno what I'll do this year.

Linfield + £100m. :D

Something like that with the new dynamic reputations would be quite fun actually. I generally find myself playing as small clubs, Irish teams and MLS clubs to start and then move around.

I've been looking at the demo and started a couple of games. Decided to go with Man City just for the zany amounts of money. If/when I get the actual game I'll probably take up my normal kind of game.

City games are too easy. I used to like those kind of games until I started managing in the Championship and bringing up struggling teams. You get far much out of the game.

Only doing it for the demo. (Y)

I never bought FM10 because I barely played FM09 (and kept going back to FM08 instead). FM11? Eh...if I needed a game to play I'd probably give it a go. As it is, I'm already spending waaaay too much time playing Victoria 2. It wouldn't get a look in!