Football Manager 2011

Dan

I quit Liverpool after 5 seasons and now I can't get a job anywhere because my wage demands are too high. Obviously, I don't care about the in-game wages but the negotiation screen won't let me lower my demands.

Anyone else experienced this before?

Not really, Never been able to lower my wage demands though.

It might ruin the fun for you, but you may have to use FMRTE to lower it yourself.

Been playing as Standard Liege in Belguim, having great fun.

Romped the League & Cofidis Cup in Season One (using Defour as a Deep Lying Playmaker, and Witsel & Carcela as Inside Forwards cutting in from the wing).

Second season, picked up Victor Montano - similar in stats to my top striker Mohammed Tchite, but with a much better composure stat so all the one on ones Tchite fluffed should be eradicted.

Got spanked in the CL in Season 2, losing all 6 games against Inter, At. Madrid & PSG, but walked the League & Cup again.

Offers of big jobs have started coming in, but since I'm 6th in the Belgian Hall Of Fame, I want to do one more season to see if I can get top spot before I move.

I always have a Standard Liege game on each version, this year I did 3 seasons and then my computer lost everything. Walked the league first year, pipped it second year, walked it third year. Had a poor showing in the CL first year, then made the 2nd round or QFs in the second year I think.

Used a solid 4-3-3 but by the third season my strike force was Sanogo, Traore and Defederico and I had sold Defour after 1 season as he got all upset. Had all sorts of brilliance at my team, Carcela, Kondogbia, Missilou, Witsel, Traore, Defederico. Wonderkid GKs etc. The lot.

But every fecking year I lost the Belgian Cup final to Anderlecht. Or as they might as well have been called Lukaku and Biglia.

Will return to Standard Liege in FM12 and try and Belgianify the team as much as possible (the talented Belgians on FM are absolutely insane, most of them too good to even consider playing for me)..

If I win in the Champions League final, does that mean I've essentially won the game, and can stop playing? >_>

No. 1 in the worldwide Hall of Fame, I consider anything less to be a personal failure.

• Like 1

Sometimes this game is strange. I was playing a game as Neath in the Welsh Premier and halfway thru the season I was being touted as a replacement for the Liverpool boss. First season, rookie manager and in the Welsh Prem... No wonder Liverpool do rubbish in my games.

After my ongoing career with AS Monaco has blossomed in Pro Evo I've taken them on in FM. A transfer budget of £850,000 means I've got to be creative, especially as star player Coutadeur has just gotten injured and will be out for 6 weeks after our pre-season friendly with Ajax.

Guest mr. potato head

Split: Head down to your local store that sells computers and pick up a can of compressed air, then spray that into the opening for your computer's fan. It'll clean a bunch of dust off the fan and you'll be back to your original level of performance. (At least that worked for me a few years ago when I had the same problem.)

• Like 1

Somehow my winning streak continues and I'm now 14 games in and have won all 14. This is despite having to play a league game the same weekend that sixteen of my players were away on international duty, including my two first team goalkeepers, my first choice strike partnership and my entire midfield four.

Everyone wants my young players. Spurs, Arsenal, AC Milan, Werder Bremen etc all after Dennis Appiah, Frederic Bulot, Chris Malonga and some other youth team player.

Monaco have a great young squad but I think we're going to struggle to get the European football that the board wants. We're full of good but not great. Their best known players to an English audience aret Diarra who joined from Real Madrid when the game starts and Djimi Traore. The squad is full of Africans - Malli, Congo, Cameroon, Guinea....All very balanced and hard to get a steady starting eleven.

i HATE Daniel Sturridge. With Neymar, Drogba and Torres injured for a few games I'm relying on Sturridge and Adebayor to step up to the plate and put in some decent performances at a key stage of the season (three points behind Arsenal in the league and in Champions League quarters). But while Adebayor does brilliantly, getting a goal or two each game, Sturridge is absolutely shite. His best match rating was 5.8.

I actually tried to get rid of him when his Bolton loan expired as well. But nobody wanted him. :shifty:

Everyone wants my young players. Spurs, Arsenal, AC Milan, Werder Bremen etc all after Dennis Appiah, Frederic Bulot, Chris Malonga and some other youth team player.

Monaco have a great young squad but I think we're going to struggle to get the European football that the board wants. We're full of good but not great. Their best known players to an English audience aret Diarra who joined from Real Madrid when the game starts and Djimi Traore. The squad is full of Africans - Malli, Congo, Cameroon, Guinea....All very balanced and hard to get a steady starting eleven.

And they all bugger off for the African Nations.

i HATE Daniel Sturridge. With Neymar, Drogba and Torres injured for a few games I'm relying on Sturridge and Adebayor to step up to the plate and put in some decent performances at a key stage of the season (three points behind Arsenal in the league and in Champions League quarters). But while Adebayor does brilliantly, getting a goal or two each game, Sturridge is absolutely shite. His best match rating was 5.8.

I actually tried to get rid of him when his Bolton loan expired as well. But nobody wanted him. :shifty:

Screw you, Sturridge is awesome. Quickly became my top goal-scorer on my last Chelsea game.

He has since scored a hat trick agsinst Cardiff, so I'll keep him in the team for another game even though Neymar is back.

Oh and Adebayor is absolutely brilliant. I got him on loan from City with an option to buy for £4 million and he's been an excellent back up striker, consistently scoring when I bring him on with 20 minutes to go. Shame that he asked for £200,000 a week when I tried to bring him in permanantly though. :/

Lost the European Super Cup and Charity Shield games, so my uber run was over.

Have won my first two games of the new season, including a 1-0 at Old Trafford.

Turned down a £68mil bid for Fabregas....was tempted, but decided to leave it.

Terrible start in the league. Lost 3, drew 2. Playing Marseille and Lyon sucks, especially away as the fans of course see it as a big game but the difference is that they're still strong but we're a shadow of our former selves.

We were getting slaughtered playing any balanced or attacking formation so I've switched to 4-5-1, got Diarra anchoring the midfield, Coutadeur pinging the ball around and we got a very steady 0-0 home draw against Toulouse which we controlled and then in the cup we drew Metz away. 0-0 at half time, I tell the lads that we only need 1 goal, guessing that our first win would get things moving in the season, and our Korean striker wins it for us. Thank goodness.

I don't think the third season is going to start too well for me away from home...

Man Utd

Arsenal

Liverpool

Chelsea

Man City

Nottm Forest :shifty:

The City Ground is a fortress, I tell you!

Not that I've played there for a while. I think I've had five away games in a row, including the PL and Europa League. This included an annoying loss to West Ham, who played us off the pitch but we snuck a scrappy consolation goal so it was only 2-1. For some reason West Ham and Wolves have become strong Top 8 sides in my game. <_<

Still got one more away match coming up as well...League Cup quarter final at Old Trafford. Guess I won't be retaining the trophy then. Not least because the winner faces Man City in the semis.

Oh, there's 2 home games against Blackburn and Wigan in there. I finished 5th last year so I should be able to pick up a few points from those away games anyway.

Forest's first season in the PL was epic, relegation zone all the way till the 33rd game, 4 wins on the bounce took them into 17th, 2pts above Bolton.

Last game of the season, Bolton vs Forest.

86th minute, 0-0 Penalty to Bolton, Klasnic steps up. SAVED! Forest hold on and send Bolton down.

And I'm not even going to go into the mechanics of how Utd went from 1st to 3rd and Man City from 3rd to 1st with Chelsea sandwiched inbetween due to a 94th minute winner by James Milner versus Arsenal and a 92nd minute winner by Michael Dawson for Spurs vs Utd.

The City Ground is a fortress, I tell you!

Not that I've played there for a while. I think I've had five away games in a row, including the PL and Europa League. This included an annoying loss to West Ham, who played us off the pitch but we snuck a scrappy consolation goal so it was only 2-1. For some reason West Ham and Wolves have become strong Top 8 sides in my game. <_<

Still got one more away match coming up as well...League Cup quarter final at Old Trafford. Guess I won't be retaining the trophy then. Not least because the winner faces Man City in the semis.

I'm about midway through my second season, West Ham are leading the Premiership by a mile. Robbie Keane and Carlton Cole are the league's two top scorers. I have no idea what is going on.