Football Manager 2011

Dan

I swear this game doesn't like Andy Carroll, twice in the last match he won headers from corners that led to goals. Who gets the assist?

The corner taker. :huh:

• Like 2

Sunderland always seem to do really well on FM I find, mind you. That said given the talent in the Sunderland squad then doing well should really come naturally, fortunately we have a squad who find ways to play well below their abilities in reality.

For the most part I find they do a good job of balancing the game pretty well, though.

Brighton used to be massively overrated in the CM games due to Marc Vaughan. Probably still are, but no one plays CM anymore.

What the fuck.

In my post-match interview I was asked about Charlie Adam's red card, and I chose the second reply, which was something like "I thought it was a bit harsh, if I'm honest." I figured this was a sort of semi-supportive answer. A bit like that answer to another question where you say that you don't think he meant any harm, he's not that kind of player etc.

Apparently in doing this I "reacted angrily" to the sending off and have received a touchline ban for my League Cup quarter final against United! o_O

Edit: 1-0 down after 58 seconds...

Look at the reporters personality... they can twist your answers.

So what you're saying is that the FA ban me on the basis of a print report and not the actual footage of the post-match interview that was readily available to them?

...That doess sound like them. :shifty:

• Like 1

So what you're saying is that the FA ban me on the basis of a print report and not the actual footage of the post-match interview that was readily available to them?

...That doess sound like them. :shifty:

Well, yeah, unfortunately its not a full simulation, so watching out for the devious little fucks is part of the game... I don't know if this is true or part of some FM Folk Myth, but if you back referees in their decisions for and against you (and rightly and wrongly), you start to get more 50/50 decisions your way.

I tend to go the Wenger route....If it's a decision against me I'll moan about it but whenever it's my team doing something or a decision going against the other team I just go with the "I didn't see it" or the "Ref got it right" route haha

I've wondered about this, because sometiems when you get a replay of a goal you scored but was given offside, on the pitch they pause and show the lines of your player and their last man, and sometimes its blatant that your player is onside by a country mile. I just never seem to get asked about them in post match when it's like that.

Normally I just tell them to mind their own business or if it went my way just say "I'd probably have given it if I was in charge" but similarly there's time's I go through pre and post match interviews and just click the second top answer repeatedly as it's generally quite positive without being awful.

Although I always refuse to comment on injuries or always say "it'd be foolish to concentrate solely on [dangerman]" because then I'm always asked to name a player to replace/mark and that seems to always lead to players bitching at me so I tend to stay schtum on those matters.

--

Summ, that players name is awesome. Puts Diniyar Bilyaltedinov to shame really! Would love to hear a commentator shout that as he hits a screamer.

Does anyone else curse out the room when the bastards are incessant with one question? I had them ask me the same question three times. After declining to comment the first two, on the third time I answered, "Go on and fucking ask me again. I'll bash ya' head in." and the press conference was over.-_-

• Like 1

Just went out of the French FA Cup at home to some second division team - not our finest hour. However we're into the final of the other cup competition and we're now up to 9th in the league after my ridiculous league form of 9 wins and 1 defeat in our last ten games.

Just beat Olympic Marseille too which is great cos they're top by 7 points at the half way stage, Didier Deschamps keeps mocking me and they beat us 5-1 early in the season.

Has anyone run into the mighty striker that is Jelle Vossen? 21 year old Belgian who I signed in the winter window for just over £3mil. A striker which is what we badly needed. The guy's mental stats are just fantastic for that "level" of player.

vossen.jpg

Yeah I remember Vossen. Starts at Genk or AA Gent is it? Or is it Brugge? I can never remember, one of them lot though I'm sure.

Tried to sign him on my Standard game but was outbid by Newcastle. Was a bit gutted but similarly happy to have him out the league. Just a shame no one ever signed Lukaku as that would have made my life much easier too. Brilliant mental stats as you say. Wonderkid too I believe?

Does anyone else curse out the room when the bastards are incessant with one question? I had them ask me the same question three times. After declining to comment the first two, on the third time I answered, "Go on and fucking ask me again. I'll bash ya' head in." and the press conference was over.-_-

I get fucked off after games where you've had 2 players hacked down and injured for several months, had 7 yellow booking cards, 2 red match-ejection cards, a penalty turned down and 2 goals ruled out for offside and the only question you get asked is 'Do you feel the referee made the right call not to award a penalty by the foul by your centre back?', get fucked knob head.

I fucking hate playing at Old Trafford :angry:

The Irish League is wonderfully crap to a realistic level. It used to be that Shelbourne and Bohemians would dominate. But in real life Shelbourne, Drogheda and Derry have all declined. Cork have gone bust and reformed and Shamrock Rovers have had a revival. So now in game Bohs and Rovers are the best teams, but because of the shitty finances the clubs can't seem to afford to hold onto players for very long and easily decline. Galway United's promotion to the Premier League, Premier League win and relegation back to the first division consecutive seasons was the best.

Can someone tell me Aston Villa's expectations at the start of the game? I'm considering playing FM again and I've never used them before...

About 10th IIRC, but can easily get into Europa League.

The Irish League is wonderfully crap to a realistic level. It used to be that Shelbourne and Bohemians would dominate. But in real life Shelbourne, Drogheda and Derry have all declined. Cork have gone bust and reformed and Shamrock Rovers have had a revival. So now in game Bohs and Rovers are the best teams, but because of the shitty finances the clubs can't seem to afford to hold onto players for very long and easily decline. Galway United's promotion to the Premier League, Premier League win and relegation back to the first division consecutive seasons was the best.

One year, I merged Scotland, Ireland, N.Ireland and Wales (and 2 clubs from Faroe Islands to make up the numbers) to form a new pyramid system with the Celtic Premier League at the top... Soon took over the EPL and was quiet strange seeing Galway outbidding Man United and within 5 years, ageing players such as Gerrard, Lampard, Berbatov and Parker all moved to Celtic clubs... the plan was to improve the standard of all 5 international teams... only Faroe Island improved. Plan Failed :(