Football Manager 2011

Dan

With that Leicester game, I received a £4.5m offer for Jack Hobbs mid-season and I couldn't refuse it. He was giving great performances, but there was no way I was turning down that kind of money.

I'd signed Kiko on loan as a back up defender for him, but he rarely got a chance to play. On he comes in the first game after Hobbs goes... two goal line stops and a goal for himself. Continuous ratings of 8 or above for five games... yeah, I think my chance to buy him for £1.5m might just be worth optioning.

Got my Mansfield team promoted after winning in extra time against Gateshead. Considered not renewing my contract as I'd been linked to League One Yeovil. Put it off for long enough, but then decided to sign the contract. Had a complete squad revamp. Let about ten players go out on free's because they simply didn't cut it. Made a whole bunch of free signings, including two former Premiership youngsters now worth £200,000 a pop. Made a few loan signings, too. Don't know how the season will go, but I'm hoping for something positive or I'll go in search of a job for a league one team. I just want to keep working my way up, though I do feel quite excited about this game now after all the transfers.

That kind of is what I was planning a while back, but as a Cube diary. After each game, I'd upload a save where everybody would then play the next game, signing players and continuing it to see who got the best results, then we'd follow their plans through to the next game, and keep going as we saw fit. Build it around a vague "Illuminati" kind of group where we have power, and it would have been quite the cool little group experience. Unfortunately I never have that much energy to go through with such an endeavour.

So, Ebbsfleet United then?

Just lost an amazing Cup de la Ligue final against Lyon.

Went 1-0 up after 33 minutes through the already-legendary Jelle Vossen.

They then equalised late in the game in the 80th.

So it went into extra time. Park Chu Young popped up to slot one in for us on 103 but they equalised IMMEDIATELY in the 104th.

They then went ahead in the 108th minute before I threw EVERYTHING forward and Young scored his second to level it at 3-3 in the 111th!

Then we lost the penalty shootout (4-2) cos all my players suck at penalties except Coutadeur. :crying: Oh well.

Mancini just won the Manager of the Month again. This time he did not reject it.

Edit: and fuck Emile Heskey. The guy is on £60,000 wages and won't move to another club because nobody is stupid enough to meet his wage demands. He didn't make my 25 man squad so is surplus to requirements but it would cost me £2.6million to get rid of him on a free transfer. I've tried to negotiate a smaller wage packet for him but he won't settle for less than a 2year contract which is no use to me. Guess he'll just rot in my reserves until the end of the season when his contract expires.

Edited by Dynamite

Edit: and fuck Emile Heskey. The guy is on £60,000 wages and won't move to another club because nobody is stupid enough to meet his wage demands. He didn't make my 25 man squad so is surplus to requirements but it would cost me £2.6million to get rid of him on a free transfer. I've tried to negotiate a smaller wage packet for him but he won't settle for less than a 2year contract which is no use to me. Guess he'll just rot in my reserves until the end of the season when his contract expires.

winston_bogarde_chelsea_football_club.jpg

Winston Bogarde approves of this situation.

• Like 2

Mancini just won the Manager of the Month again. This time he did not reject it.

Loan him out for part of his wage being paid. At least then you're not haemorrhaging money from him.

As mentioned earlier the Premier League has been turned on it's head with Man United and Chelsea reduced to mid-table teams, my just promoted Bolton team finished the season higher then United who also had 9 points docked due to going into administration.

They sacked Tony Mowbray in January and then sacked Mike Phelan at the end of the season before I ended up with the job, I shipped A LOT of un-needed highly paid players out and to coax me into the job they signed Gareth Bale and Phil Jones a day before offering it to me!.

Current Line Up:

Goalie: Rene Adler(14 million signing- all this time United have been playing Kuszack and Amos)

DR: Rafael Da Silva

DL: Ivan Marcano(Seems a solid utility player of the John O'Shea/Wes Brown mould...need to buy in January)

DC: Nemanja Vidic(Captain and although he's getting on in terms of age still one of the worlds best)

DC: Phil Jones(Just signed)

DMC: Darren Fletcher

MC: Anderson

MC: Barry Visser(Dutch regen, good passer of the ball...Xabi Alonso type of player)

AML: Gareth Bale

AMR: Nani

ST: Javier Hernandez

I have still got Rooney,Macheda and O'Shea but Hernandez seems to be the clubs best player and I'll be trying to get the most out of him.

Squads certainly low on numbers and I'll be focusing on bringing through some youth, after a 9th placed finish they want me to make a title challenge this year and hopefully I can deliver.

Despite a massive injury crisis on my Liverpool game I've managed to win the league cup, get to the FA cup final against one of the Manchesters and secure a Champions League semi-final against Barcelona after beating Real Madrid (thanks to a Luis Suarez goal in extra time when we were down to 10 men). However, winning the Champions League is my only chance of getting back in there next season since my injuries have taken a toll on my league position, I'm currently 6th and 11 points behind 4th place Arsenal... I somehow doubt I'll recover from that.

What's annoying me most, though, is the fact I've picked up about 6 red cards in 2-3 months and had only picked up 1, I think, prior to that. That and Andy Carroll being a bitch about me fining him a week's wages for it when everyone else was sound about it... Someone's getting sold in the summer.

To just show how much United's stock has fallen, beating Middlesborough 2-0 at home was considered a shock victory!

My first game was a Manchester derby at Eastlands which I drew 0-0 followed by a 3-1 mauling at the hands of Arsenal however I started picking up the wins from that point on, beating Boro 2-0 before beating Derby 1-0 and dispatching of Portsmouth in the Carling Cup and Rubin in the Europa League Group Stage, also won the European Super Cup against Real(United won the Europa League last season) after a Rooney hat trick although Ronaldo came on and scored two in 4 minutes for a nervous ending.

Added Jose Enrique and Steven N'Zonzi to bolster the side

Apparently Boris Becker is playing for Inter in my game. :shifty:

I just signed a promising winger called Luke Morris. :shifty: