Football Manager 2011

Dan

Remember when I said that the Newcastle fans had criticised me for signing Jack Wilshere, that it was a 'waste of money'?

They've just voted him player of the season and the European Championships are turning into Jack Wilshere vs Europe.

Jack's winning.

• Like 2

So I'm coming up to the end of the second season with Sp*rs, I signed Jerome Boateng from Man City on loan in January as was struggling with injuries at the back and he had been transfer listed. He's done pretty well filling in at centre back and right back when needed so enquired about buying him, and the response I get?

"That'll be £50m plus van der Vaart AND Gareth Bale."

Erm, well, nah.

Running along from Summ's De Jong talk, I had the same with Steve Sidwell at Fulham. Useless at long range shots, but doesn't stop him fucking having a go every single time.

Remember when I said that the Newcastle fans had criticised me for signing Jack Wilshere, that it was a 'waste of money'?

They've just voted him player of the season and the European Championships are turning into Jack Wilshere vs Europe.

Jack's winning.

I had something similar with Fulham and Charlie Adam. They hated the fact I bought him, then he won their player of the year next season.

Finished my first season with Newcastle and well i'm very happy with how it turned out.

Finished 5th on 73pts with 23 wins, 4 draws and 11 losses (tied with Man.U who was 4th on points so just missed out on Champions League :( ) So getting into the Europa League and winning the Carling Cup in my first season I am really really happy with that.

Kevin Gameiro was a beast, in all competitions he played 42 games and scored 38 goals (26 of them in the League making him the top goalscorer) with him and Ben Arfa getting into the team of the year, Ben Arfa also got players young player of the year.

Going to be interesting though next season with European Football though. Probably have to improve squad depth.

I'm wondering what would happen if Peter Crouch would play as CB all the time, it's his second position in the game. Does he turn into a top defender? What if you put Fellaini as a striker? He would certainly be a good target man. I remember training Jack Cork into a RB worked really well for me, so I wonder if that's a way to sort of mess with the game.

I don't really know why, but I decided to change captains. The one Catania had is 34 and hardly ever starts, so I replaced him with someone who does start.

This didn't really go down all that well. :shifty:

I use the default dark one that comes with it. I never adapted to the white one since they switched over a few years back, I'm always open to downloading good dark ones but never feel the need because the one with the game is perfectly acceptable.

Manager games are supposed to be dark though and I'll never use a light one.

I use Steklo. Always been a good skin on the past FMs.

Update on my Newcastle team.

Decided during the transfer window it's time to make the step up and bring in some quality players: So I signed Gervinho for 11mil and M'Vila for 17.75mil and got Hargreaves and Trochowski on bosmans. In the process I sold Alan Smith, Danny Simpson, Frazer Forster, Joey Barton (He had one year left on his contract and wanted about 115k a week the nob), Williamson and a few others which basically funded the M'Vila move.

So my best XI would look like this:

GK: Enyeama

DR: Van Der Wiel

DL: Enrique

DC: Coloccini

DC: Vertonghen

DMC: M'Vila

DMC: Hargreavesa

AMR: Ben Arfa

AML: Gervinho

ST: Gamiero

ST: Roux

With a bench of: Taylor, Taylor, Nolan, Tiote, Jonas, Trochowski and Ameobi the team looks set for Europe and to hopefully push again for around 5th/6th place.

Yeah, tired of being asked how I'm going to play after playing high energy attacking football for fifteen years so "launching into a foul mouthed tirade at assembled journalists" is the only joy I get out of it... And my assistants normally say the wrong things and cause doubts in players minds...

Guest Canary4life

I did something like that, except it was as an Egyptian-American 30-year-old female and kept trying to bring up tits whenever possible, just for the hilarious news items that followed after the finish.