Football Manager 2011

Dan

I appear to have built a dislike relationship with Gary Neville. I think it might stem back to when I played his Spurs side with Catania.

He now manages Everton, and we beat them 2-1 in the League Cup 3rd Round, now we play them in the league next and he's been bickering with me in the press. After losing 2-1 a not-so-full strenght Arsenal at Goodison, I wonder how he'll fair against a stronger Arsenal at the Emirates.

The League Cup 4th Round draw gave us Chelsea. >_<

I appear to have built a dislike relationship with Gary Neville. I think it might stem back to when I played his Spurs side with Catania.

I would find it stranger not to have a dislike relationship with Gary Neville.

• Like 3

Fine him again! Harder! Then offer him his release. :shifty:

I don't think I've ever had a player refuse to talk to me anymore. That was in any way important. I generally have managed to keep my players happy or promised them we'd win stuff. Walcott was like that recently. It may be no coincidence that he's started the season really poorly too. He was a house of fire when I joined. His runs and Alex finishing was magical!

I've noticed I have a pretty decent young DM now in Joe Sheridan. He got his England call up after playing maybe, half a game for us in a qualifier for the Europa League. His arrival makes me happy, since I now have cover for Alex Song.

I have Vincent Enyema has a #2 keeper now too, signed him for a free, he's 33 and I gave him the #99 jersey, because I like handing out squad numbers like that.I generally give everyone on the team a squad number. This resulted in when I signed Macheda, he had to take #50.

Into my 3rd season at Lille in France. The first two have just been infuriating. In 2010-2011 we had two incredible runs- first 11 consecutive wins in all competitions, then a 16 game undefeated streak. Despite this, we couldn't win a trophy, instead settling for a trio of runners up spots- 2nd in Ligue 1, 3-2 losers in the League Cup final against Bordeaux, and then a 5-1 defeat in the Europa League final against Man City (although we did take the lead in that one, and were only 3-1 down until the final ten minutes, when my decision to go all out attack in search of a dramatic brace went awry.)

2nd season we had the Champions League, where we beat Chelsea 2-1 in the group stage, and knocked out Udinese to make it through to the Quarter Finals. We played Bayern Munich, and beat them 4-2 at home in the first leg... before getting thumped 7-1 away in the 2nd. I don't know what happened there. We saw marginal improvement in the league, as we were still firmly in the title race on the final day of the season. Sadly, despite beating Bordeaux 2-1, other results didn't go our way, and we had to settle for 2nd again. Semi finals of the French Cup as well.

Plenty to be positive about heading into the third season. We were turning a tidy profit for the previous two seasons, meaning I went into this one with a budget of £29 million. I haven't spent much of it though, and, being as we're going to get great revenue in the season ahead with our new 50,000 seat stadium, I hope we'll be in the money for quite some time. I've been able to hold onto my front three of Gervinho, Eden Hazard and Moussa Sow, who are just ridiculously good on this game. I've also been able to bring in some recognisable names- Keiren Westwood, Nedum Onuoha, Carlos Vela, Romelu Lukaku (he's been woeful so far,) and I'm probably getting Emmanuel Eboue in on loan. Plus, we've got a promising crop of youth players coming through. I want a trophy desperately this season though, if we don't it's going to be a failure of a season...

Edited by jack95

I have Vincent Enyema has a #2 keeper now too, signed him for a free, he's 33 and I gave him the #99 jersey, because I like handing out squad numbers like that.I generally give everyone on the team a squad number. This resulted in when I signed Macheda, he had to take #50.

I'm very meticulous about squad numbers every year I have to select them. I generally try to give my best 11 the 1-11 but I don't like changing them about too much for some reason. If I give a player the 37 when he first joins and he continues playing well, that'll be his career number. I also try never to give out squad numbers over 49 if I can avoid it because it's just not right. In my currnet Newcastle team the highest squad number is my 3rd choice keeper with 39.

Anyone else signed Javier Pastore? He is an absolute beast for me in 2015 with Barca. Despite off loading Messi for £75m in the Summer, I think I've put together a near enough perfect team. Nobody has an average rating below 7. I started this game as Leeds before moving on to Villa and Man Utd. This is my current squad:

GK: Victor Valdes/Michael Agazzi (£1m from Sampdoria)

DL: Benoit Tremoulinas/Felix Friday (£12m from Betis)

DR: Dani Alves

DC: Mamadou Sakho (£25m from PSG)/Gerard Pique/Nevan Subotic (£9m from Napoli)

DM: Arturo Vidal (£11m from Leverkusen)/Javier Mascherano/Sergio Busquets

AMC: Javier Pastore (£14m from Palermo)/Paolo Henrique (£50m from Man City)

AML: Luis Suarez (£25m from Man City)/Eden Hazard

AMR: Gervinho/David Silva

FC: Edin Dzeko (£28m from Aston Villa)/Sergio Aguero (£49m from Athletico Madrid)/Romelu Lukaku (£20m from Man Utd)

Guest mr. potato head

The third round of the 2010/11 FA Cup is wonderful!

Doncaster over Everton! Barnsley over Man U! Lincoln over Derby! Stevenage over Aston Villa!

Fourth round, Doncaster over Chelsea! Barnsley over Sunderland!

The two biggest teams left at this point are Arsenal and Newcastle :lol:

Chelsea league cup game went horrible and ended in a 3-1 loss. Next up Man City and we destroyed them. I seem to have AVB's number in this game, cause the first time I played City we won 3-1. This time 6-1. LeBrun a 20 year old French striker who has become a favorite of mine as of late, got 2. Steve Rowley got his first ever league goal for us (he's scored his other 5 in the Europa League) and Macheda got the 6th. Nuri Suhin got the only goal for City, early in the second half when they seemed to be getting back in.

The City game was the first time I ever tried the 3D match engine. It was fun to see how we completely marked Babacar out of the game and how 34 year old Cristiano Ronaldo was just hounded by my young wing back Verweij.

Also Aaron Peacock got his first goal in a 3-1 win over Litex in the Europa League, from the spot! We play them again in the next game. I may give him a start then too. We're all but qualified from our group. Surprisingly Litex are second, with Feynoord and Calgari being the other teams. Calgari are bottom.

Holy shit, Adam Peacock, the 16 year old I signed from Everton kicks ass for England U21s. He's got three caps and has scored three hatricks!

My awesome American regen has a ridiculous scoring record at U20 level for his country too. Baffled why he doesn't get picked for the senior side he's pure quality already even at Premier League level and will soon take over Landon Donovan's spot in my team, ironically.

keithlongprofileattribu.png