EWR 2010 Stats Update: August

Fire Ant can't be Orange Cassidy - besides the obvious build/height/hair difference, they've been in the same ring more than a few times.

Well there's a picture out there of Orange Cassidy being in the Fire Ant gear, and a video. When where these matches?

Also, Drew Gulak was in Japan with the CHIKARA guys last year, and has said in past that he does wrestle there masked. Considering he can't be Mantis, Crossbones, 2.0 or Chuck Taylor, and Cassidy is Fire Ant, that would leave Gulak as Soldier Ant. Course, he could have just tagged along with them, but I don't see why they would spend an extra plane ticket on him.

Edited by Black Majik

Guest The Phenomenal Red

OK, took an extra couple days to go over my notes and sort through things, make adjustments, etc...

Change The Usos' gimmicks to "High Society"?

I guess we COULD... IMO, though, "Family Guy" still fits all three of them better... Their links to Rikishi adn Snuka are mentioned every time they appear... Anyone with an opinion on this, feel free to chime in.

Change Rosa Mendes gimmick to "Lackey" or "Sidekick"?

For the past few weeks, all that I have seen her do is exercise in the backstage area from time to time. I don't know who she'd be a "lackey" or a "sidekick" to... At this point, based on what I have seen, Fitness Instructor seems to fit best, IMO... Again, feel free to chime in.

Change Draculeta and W. Magic to Ghouls Gone Wrestling. (GGW, get it?)

Just watched the video of the time they tagged and they were referred to as "Ghouls Gone WILD" a few times, but I didn't hear Ghouls Gone Wrestling... I'm not even 100% sure Ghouls Gone Wild would be an official team name, as the announcer seems to have a nickname for everyone. But, again, opinions are welcome.

Perhaps change Marisela Pena Roldan to AAA's owner and Joaquin Roldan to a writer.

Pretty sure I had it set this way before and someone told me it was wrong...

I've had several friends of mine that go to CHIKARA shows confirm that Drew Gulak and Soldier Ant are one in the same, so you might wanna give Drew Gulak the Orange Cassidy treatment.

I did look into this and, from what I see, it does appear to be the same guy... But, my source brought up another thing that might need looked further into:

Fire Ant can't be Orange Cassidy - besides the obvious build/height/hair difference, they've been in the same ring more than a few times.

http://board.deathvalleydriver.com/index.php?showtopic=44675&st=1240

I think we should be adding Dixie Carter into the game around now.

This was something I was going to bring up as well... After watching Impact last week (For the first time in at least 3 months) I saw her on camera quite a bit... Is this normal now? If we added her as a worker, I would simply change the nae and pic of the TNA Owner to Panda Energy, since they technically own 70-some percent of TNA... Dixie is just the "spokesperson" from what I understand.

Charlie Haas and SHelton Benjamn debut for ROH September 11. So possibly add them to ROH on open contracts.

This one's a little tricky and varies depending on the situation. On one hand, since they will be wrestling September 11th, they need to be on the roster on the September Update. But, knowing the world of wrestling, plans change and people who are advertised don't always show, plans get changed, etc. So, it really depends on the situation of the worker, their past history with showing to events and the promotion for having a good track record of delivering advertised talent.

IMO, the workers (Haas and Benjamin) and the promotion (ROH) make this a pretty easy decision. I can't recall a time where Haas or Benjamin missed or blew off a booking (especially since they are both not working for a major promotion) and Ring of Honor, I have to assume, would not have put together the video package they did advertising them, unless they knew they were gonna show, which I would assume means some sort of legal document has been signed. Following Shimmer relatively closely, I know that their track record of delivering advertised talent is very good. If they say someone will be there, they will. The only exception I can recall is in November 2009, when Portia Perez was advertised, but ended up not making the show, due to swine flu. With ROH and Shimmer working closely together, I have to assume ROH's record of making sure advertised workers show on the cards they are advertised for is pretty good as well, unless something unforseen happens (like swine flu). Therefore, in this instance, Haas and Benjamin will be in ROH for the September Update, unless anyone can come up with a good reason not to. If it was Scott Hall, or someone to that effect, I might not be so quick to add them.

Finally, I have been working on a list of workers that could potentially be deleted from the game, in order to clear some space. I have also gathered notes from posters regarding the same thing... This isn't the complete list, nor is this guaranteeing deletion... Just a list to start discussion on:

Christine LeMaster - Apparently, at one time, was signed to a development deal for WWE... But, she says she never accepted the deal: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/bikini-model-indy-wrestlers-not-signed-to-wwe-54668 Can't find anything on her actually wrestling, or being involved at all... She could have been added when the news of her "signing" came out and now, there's a link that says she never signed.

Jillian Beyor and Rachael Lynn - I have seen videos of Beyor at FCW shows... But can't find anything on Rachael Lynn (Carr) actually being at a show.

Eric Justice in the game, isn't that Abyss?

Not sure... I'll have to research it some... Any help would be appreciated here... :)

If the Annihilation in the game is the PWU Annihilation, he should be removed as that Annihilation passed away

Again, not sure... Will look into it, though.

I still think the Usos/Tamina are more Angry Young Men. They mention their family linage and say that they are more refined than say the Headshrinkers, Wild Samoans, The Islanders and Umaga before them. It is tricky but their playing up of their family lineage is not the same as say Husky Harris, Ted DiBiase, Randy Orton, Rocky Miavia or Joe Hennig.

I haven't seen Wrestlicious in months due to it going on hiatus to catch up between the syndication and cable channels they were on. I know that Black Magic and Draculetta teamed up as Ghouls Gone W-something to play of Girls Gone Wild.

The Ants deal can be confusing similar to Mexican wrestlers not losing a mask or being regimmcked randomly. The video of that black Majik showed shows Fire is Orange Cassidy clear as day. If you read the rest of the thread, it was speculated both ways and more people say he is than he isn't. And unlike Los Ice Creams and USApe, they have not been portrayed by several men over their time.

I agree with Dixie Carter being added as a worker, she has been on screen a lot lately.

I disagree with the Haas/Benjamin deal on the off chance it doesn't happen. Say the deal falls through and they pull off. I rather wait until they debut. We only do people joining WWE when they have deals for the most part, all the other indies fall under the rule that they work a match. I don't see anything different here.

I have no known knowledge of the deal with LeMaster. I know that Beyor HAD a WWE deal and then was let go. Rebecca Lynn was said to be offered a WWE deal but either that was a lie, she had visa issues that could not be resolved or the deal was pulled the same as the Claudio deal from 2006 was pulled in the end. If a certain diva search winner who only had a pictorial in WWE RAW magazine is in the game Lynn should be too. I find it only fair.

I think there was another Eric Justice on the indies somewhere but not really sure.

I think the Annihilation in the game is a guy who looks like Boogeyman and did UPW.

Lower Samoa Joe's attitude by 10 points, he was suspended for attitude issues (credit to PWInsider.com)

FIP updates (Credit to PWInsider.com)

‘Man Scout’ Jake Manning with Ron Niemi defeated Brad Allen to become the new FIP Florida Heritage Champion

Jon Moxley defeated Bruce Santee to retain the FIP World Heavyweight Title

Dark City Fight Club (Jon Davis and Kory Chavis) defeated the British Lions (Tommy Taylor and Chris Gray) with Ron Niemi to become the new FIP Tag Team Champions

Here are some storylines coming out of Cage of Pain 3:

Cage of Pain sees an Alliance Reborn

While the feud between Roderick Strong and Erick Stevens might have ended in Cage of Pain, it is only the end of a chapter with these two wrestlers. After battling for more than twenty minutes inside a steel cage with tables, chairs, trash cans, and other weapons; neither man was able to get the victory after being unable to get to their feet before the referee’s ten count.

After the match, 911 Incorporated hit the cage and they went after Roderick Strong. Instead of watching his mentor and former tag team partner receive a further beating at the hands of 911 Incorporated, Erick Stevens decided to ignore the hatred that caused his team with Strong to end and lead to Cage of Pain 3 and he saved Strong from the brutal attack.

Strong and Stevens were joined in the ring by Dark City Fight Club, Brad Allen, and Tommy Taylor and both Strong and Stevens told Ron Niemi and 911 Incorporated that they were ready for a war. Will Strong and Stevens be able to work together after what they endured in Cage of Pain 3 or will this alliance fall victim to the egos of these two men?

New FIP Tag Team Champions Crowned and the Old Champions Implode

Dark City Fight Club finally took advantage of the situation and won the FIP Tag Team Titles from the British Lions. Jon Davis and Kory Chavis took advantage of the change in managers for the British Lions as well as the tension between Tommy Taylor and Chris Gray that started last year when Taylor and Gray appeared to have different opinions about how to deal with the fans.

After they lost the match, Chris Gray did not want to give up the title belts despite no longer being the champions. Tommy Taylor did the honorable thing and gave the belts to the new champions and congratulated them on their victory. That was not something that Ron Niemi or Chris Gray appreciated and it looks like the British Lions are done as a team.

911 Incorporated Makes its Impact Felt in FIP

With Heartbreak Enterprises no longer involved with FIP, Ron Niemi and 911 Incorporated came in and took over the contracts from Heartbreak Enterprises. This meant that the British Lions, Man Scout Jake Manning, and Rhett Titus are part of 911 Incorporated.

In addition to those wrestlers, there were a few new additions during the show. We found out early that Ron Niemi had secured the services of The Sheik and entered into a financial arrangement. With that money, Niemi added Irish Airborne to the roster of 911 Incorporated.

Is this the final roster for 911 Incorporated or will there be more from Ron Niemi and The Sheik? How will the former members of 911 Incorporated deal with this new group? Will they join Niemi again or will they use what they know about Niemi to try to limit his influence in FIP?

Delete Heartbreak Enterprises as a stable

Add 911 Inc. a stable with Chris Gray, Jake Manning, Jake Crist, Dave Crist, Rhett Titus and Ron Niemi as the leader.

Jon Moxley should be added to FIP because he is their heavyweight champion. Is he still active in HWA?

Jake Manning won the Heritage title and Dark City Fight Club won the tag titles.

Tommy Taylor should be a face and Chris Gray should be a heel. I would also make The British Lions inactive.

Erick Stevens should be a face if not a tweener.

Kory Chavis and Jon Davis should be faces if not tweeners.

For the Dixie Carter situation, I'd consider possibly adding her father Robert (Bob) W. Carter to the game as TNA's owner, as he is the owner of Panda Energy, and was the one who actually purchased the company in the first place.

If anyone wants, I'll try and rough up some stats to for him.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

For the Dixie Carter situation, I'd consider possibly adding her father Robert (Bob) W. Carter to the game as TNA's owner, as he is the owner of Panda Energy, and was the one who actually purchased the company in the first place.

I'd just change the sex, age, name and birth month IMO. Everything else is fine.

-Add a loyalty relationship between Dan Severn and Don Frye. Severn trained Frye.

-Remove the relationship between Dan Severn and Ken Shamrock. While they did have a rivalry in UFC, afterward they made up and worked together in WWF as a team. Also, on his RF shoot, when asked if he hated Shamrock, Severn said he "didn't really know the guy", but also said he "didn't care for his demeanor."

-Al Snow trained Dan Severn to be a pro wrestler, as well as being in his corner during early UFC fights. Train their relationship to a loyalty.

-Dan Severn check announcer (he did commentary for a match for UFC VIII) and raise his charisma to 62.

-Raise Ian Rotten's charisma to 72. Lower his brawl to 60 and his technical to 20.

-Raise Colt Cabana's wages a bit.

-Change Handsome Johnny's name to Johnny Hayes. Add appropriately to his alter egos. Check trainer, raise his overness to 10 and change his primary finisher to Sin City Plunge (impact).

-Add a tag team of Johnny Hayes and Psycho CW called Pretty Psycho, exp. 15.

Edited by KrisClassic

I'd just change the sex, age, name and birth month IMO. Everything else is fine.

I'd change his age to 63 ?

Birth month unknown, and I'd lower his talent to 80 as well his his backstage to 85 to be completely honest. I just don't think anyone who runs TNA deserves an 83 the way it's been going right now.

Guest The Phenomenal Red
NEW TNA SIGNING

by Mike Johnson @ 2:26 AM on 8/5/2010

Rob Eckos, who's been working on the Northeast independent scene since 2000, announced today that he signed a deal with TNA. Eckos had a tryout match against Bobby Fish at the last TNA Impact taping.

Eckos originally trained under Kevin Knight of the IWF in New Jersey and Jim Kettner of the ECW. He's worked for a number of independent promotions over the last several years, including memorable runs in the now-defunct 3PW promotion teaming with current WWE announcer Matt Striker, the ECWA and the New York Wrestling Connection.

add Rob Eckos to TNA, credit to PWInsider.com

Add a tag team with Michael McGuilicutty & Kaval with 2 exp. they traded the tag team titles in FCW with Los Aviadores a few weeks back.

According to cagematch, Fire Ant and Orange Cassidy are separate people.

I've worked at a show with Fire Ant before. Rather they share a strikingly similar look or they are the same person.

the problem i see with Chikara is they keep alot of that stuff quiet (and rightly they should) we only knew Pinkie Sanchez was Pink Ant after he pulled the mask off, im personally under the idea that unless their is more than one pirce of evidence beyond "i saw him at a show and they look the same" or "those two are the same guy" with an actual source of a picture/testimonial from the guy they they should stay split if only to save the confusion

According to cagematch, Fire Ant and Orange Cassidy are separate people.

I've worked at a show with Fire Ant before. Rather they share a strikingly similar look or they are the same person.

the problem i see with Chikara is they keep alot of that stuff quiet (and rightly they should) we only knew Pinkie Sanchez was Pink Ant after he pulled the mask off, im personally under the idea that unless their is more than one pirce of evidence beyond "i saw him at a show and they look the same" or "those two are the same guy" with an actual source of a picture/testimonial from the guy they they should stay split if only to save the confusion

There's more evidence leaning for it than against it. Numerous people, including myself, can attest to it.

-Change Bill Wiles' disposition to face and his gimmick to "Fun Babyface". Raise his brawl to 64 and charisma to 73.

-Drew McIntyre was awesome on the mic. I think his charisma should be raised to the 82-84 mark.

Edited by KrisClassic

Is Little Guido even in the stats updates these days? If not you should probably add him back along with Nova as they will be working the TNA PPV.

He is.

-Raise Colt Cabana's charisma to 89.

-Raise Little Guido's charisma to 74.

-Raise JT Smith's charisma to 72.

Edited by KrisClassic

Is there anywhere I can get an updated pack of pictures for all the wrestlers? One massive zip file would do the trick.

I bet there's a load of threads on it but I'm having a little trouble finding any that I wouldn't have to go through and manually download each picture.

I'm sure you'll probably give me a verbal smackdown, as it's probably really obvious, but can anyone help? I'm new! Go easy on me :)

TheWho87's pic pack is really comprehensive and of good quality. You can find a link to it and to his Photobucket (useful for adding new pics or any missing pics to your existing PICS folder) in his sig. I've been using his pictures for ages, and would highly recommend it. (Incidentally, keep up the good work TheWho. Thanks)