Civilization Thread!

Ruki

7:30 is ok, no later than that though.

And anyone joining, you need a few hours free, if you're going to eat or anything, either do it while you play or eat beforehand/afterwards, don't leave halfway through.

Piss breaks are fine, if you need to shit, find a sock.

The AI thought I was all warry because I wiped Germany off the map as retaliation for warring me.

They only had one city, I had three, I was pursuing a culture victory and I wanted to adopt the policy that gives me a free building in each of my first four cities. I needed the fourth!

...Mind you they got a bit mad when I puppeted Rio for having the audacity to shoot at a passing cavalry that I was rushing back to help defend after Babylon warred me.

I wiped out Rio well after Babylon and I made peace <_<

Wahaa. First cultural victory in a while, my second straight victory on Noble (I finally made the jump, I know, I'm awesome). Started out vaguely aiming towards it and lucked out immediately - oddly for a Pangaea map, there was an island, and a good island with resources and useful tiles, that I colonised for my fifth and sixth cities. Actually budgeted myself way more time than I needed to - I was under the impression 50000 was the number needed for a city to become legendary, but on Quick games it's only 25000. Finished in ~1960.

To make sense of the probability, you would need to calculate the test statistic and compare it to the standard deviation to get a probability that the sample you've analyzed differs from the mean by however much it does, purely by chance, assuming that the mean you've hypothesized is in fact, correct.

So much of that sentence is fluff, it hurts my head. He may as well have said "assume you've done it properly".

• 4 weeks later...