Civilization Thread!

Ruki

Basically, Pizza, just IM one of us and we will know your ready and then we can get everyone going.

Honestly couldnt tell ya as havent played alot. Bought the GOTY edition off of Amazon for like 5 bucks a few days ago so yeah >.>

Isn't that like £3?

Crazy price.

Also my bad, it was 10.99, still very cheap considering its like 39.99 otherwise?

Would you be free at any point today?

Well, considering the time differences, then no. I don't even have it installed at the moment. If you do a similar thing next weekend (or tuesday, since I have wednesday off), I'll be up for it.

That didn't work too well. 6 is probably too many, it was laggy until we dropped down to three, and it was just too slow with people leaving to do laundry and stuff. There should be an option to let AI take over for a little bit but still allow the player to return to the game.

I found Civ V to be very forgiving. Play the tutorials - I played them all through despite having thrashed the demo for all it was worth. Once you've done those, spend the first few games with the advisor on max. You'll find yourself turning it down as you learn.

I learnt that getting a culture victory is fun, and bloody hard work as the Incas considering I had Alexander on my doorstep trying to batter me down. He had my defenses at breaking point on a particular occasion, but I withstood and contained him, and we partied in Utopia like it was 1999. (as in, that's when we got there.) A bit nervy at the end because two CPU players had built The Manhattan Project, but i'd kept Genghis onside pretty much all game, and I had Lizzy on the right side of me more often than not. I'm sure gifting her with 150 gold and a free 25 per turn softened her up a bit too.