The Scottish Football thread

METALMAN

Bit of a dark day day for scottish football. The above, clydesdale bank pulling the sponsorship of the league and Dunfermline closing the north stand due to costs.

Id imagine other clubs might follow suit. Killie surely Would have to consider it.

• Admin
1713 FOOTBALL: Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov has placed a £50m valuation on the Edinburgh club as he seeks a buyer. Romanov told Russian news agency RIA Novosti: "The land is worth £25m. The players, the club with a project, are also worth £25m."

Sure Roman. Sure.

Full story below

Vladimir Romanov values Hearts at around £50m as the Lithuania-based owner considers selling the Scottish Premier League club.

Romanov this month intimated that he is looking to sell the Edinburgh outfit - or find a business partner.

He is currently in Russia to watch his basketball team, Zalgiris, take on CSKA in Moscow.

But, when asked what value he had on Hearts, he told BBC Scotland: "£50m - that's five zero!"

Romanov has also recently stressed that that club is looking to cut costs.

Nearly half of Hearts playing staff remain to be paid wages due on 16 November, with the club putting the blame on a hefty tax bill.

And director Sergejus Fedotovas at the weekend stressed that, while the owner remained committed to Hearts in the meantime, the board would be looking to sell senior players in the coming months.

BBC Scotland understands that at least two groups are interested in taking over the club but are still to finalise proposals that would then be put to Romanov.

One of the groups is looking at the potential of Romanov retaining ownership of the stadium and leasing it back to new owners until the land value rises and then could be sold to clear the debt that currently stands around £33m.

Edited by Lineker

Well really it's only £20m for the actual club, the rest of the money is just to cover the debt.

I like how apparently the players are worth something though, about 3 of them have any transfer value, the rest I'd honestly be fine with us throwing onto the streets today.

Well really it's only £20m for the actual club, the rest of the money is just to cover the debt.

I like how apparently the players are worth something though, about 3 of them have any transfer value, the rest I'd honestly be fine with us throwing onto the streets today.

He wants his investment back and some spare change. I believe hes fucked. No one will buy hearts.

Edited by jocky

It's not spare change, the debt is basically his and his banks so that's what the extra £30m he wants is for.

He'll eat some of it eventually, Romanov generally tends to back down in the future.

I just really hope when we ever get bought out it's not by a fan group because...yeah.

Celtic have signed Sweden international right-back Mikael Lustig on a pre-contract agreement. The 24-year-old defender, who has been with Rosenborg since 2008, will join Celtic in January after signing a three-and-a-half year deal.

Hopefully this one will actually be good. Jesus. So I'm going to assume that it will be him and Wilson (when fit) to be the pairing. Big Dan can leave as can hooiiveld and loovens as far as I'm concerned.

And samaras although a defender joining doesn't really affect his standing

Well Done to Celtic for getting the 3 points against a lively Dunfermline. But once again we shouldnt be hanging on at the end hoping that they dont equalise. Especially not at parkhead. We need to start dominating games and playing better but a win is a win and when your playing catch up in the title race they all count.

• Admin
Celtic manager Neil Lennon has told BBC Scotland he supported a proposal to bring Gordon Strachan back to the club.

The former Parkhead boss was approached in September with a view to returning as a mentor to the Northern Irishman.

A deal could not be struck with Strachan, but Lennon says he was in favour of the idea.

"Gordon is someone I respect totally and he wasn't averse to the idea but it never materialised," Lennon told Sportsound.

"It was an idea that we've bounced around for quite a while. We were pretty close to it.

"But it was almost eight weeks ago now that the decision was made, and we've moved on since then.

"It is something that I'm not averse to, depending on who it is and whether the circumstances are right and whether we feel we need it."

Celtic approached Stuart Baxter about similar role when Lennon was first appointed, but Lennon says there may be be no need to bring in an older man.

"You're always looking to do better in life and this job being as big as it is, you don't always have the answers," he told BBC Radio Scotland.

"So maybe an older head might make us see things differently at times, but there's nothing happening at the minute on that score.

"The longer I go on in the job the less likely that scenario becomes."

What would be the point. If Gordon wants to give Neil advice he can do in private over the phone or in person.

I mean how could strachan just be a bystander when he managed Celtic for 4 years. Can you imagine Walter

Smth returning to be a mentor for ally mccoist. It would undermime him.

If WGS comes back he might as well be the boss.

That's better from Celtic. Finally turning on the style and Samaras scored for the first time in 11 months. I smell a run coming. Keep it up Bhoys.

I though Kilmarnock played attacking football.

Edited by jocky

I wouldn't be placing my hopes for a decent run on Georgie the fucking donkey Samaras. I hope Killie do take something from the huns tomorrow but they likely won't. I'm just glad the deficit has been cut, it should boost confidence a bit even if it is still 7 points.