Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

Timmoru Suzuki

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm loving it except scoring is soooo hard on hard difficulty. I have been able to score some screamers though, one chest down from a corner and then volleyed in off the post.

Another which was amazing was the player running diagonally across the box and then stroking the ball into the net. Looked pretty standard until the replay when it showed that the player had scored by wrapping his leg around behind the other and flicking it in, like Thierry Henry or something.

I've traded this in. I expected better. :(

You didn't give it enough time. Its rapidly becoming my favourite Pro (barring how classic 2,3, and 6 felt at the time) just through getting used to it, seems to get better and better as you go on.

Bit of a saddo question. Last year in PES 2010 I added numbers to the front of teams with plain kits ie. Arsenal and the colour of the number was the same as the number on the back of the shirt. This year it's just black whatever colour I put the back number in. Is there somewhere else I should be looking to change the colour?

• 3 weeks later...

Still can't do it via USB, no - you need some sort of Max Data Drive thingy majig (might not even be called that, actually, I've paid so little attention to it over at PESGaming, tbh) to copy anything over, which sucks a huge one.

Either way, the best file around for 360 is here;

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=80357

The same guy releases them every year.

Forgot about that guy. I have found one that looks better from PESfan though from dragonskin. You only need a USB too, as long as it's over 1GB, from what has been explained so far. Going to try it now, so I'll report back with how it comes across. May check both options, thanks Bad.

Started a CL with United, tonnes of fun. Actually struggled in the group stages at one point, losing to Valencia at home and even losing away to Slava. Manged to pull it back though and finish second. Through to the knockout stages and the worst draw possible in Barcelona. Terrified...and suddenly we exploded in the first leg at OT and somehow destroyed them 5-0. Barvelona just self destructed with Pinto in goal. Went to the Nou Camp and got a late goal to win 0-1. Into the next stage and I've drawn Spurs, looking forward to it. Hernandez is awesome and I love the skills n here, so much easier when strung together.

Getting Gold subscription tomorrow, how is online for you guys? Heard some bad things about it and am quite worried in that regard.

Still can't do it via USB, no - you need some sort of Max Data Drive thingy majig (might not even be called that, actually, I've paid so little attention to it over at PESGaming, tbh) to copy anything over, which sucks a huge one.

http://www.pesgaming...ead.php?t=80357

Baddar whoring out pesgaming again :shifty:

Yeah, 360 you should be able to copy things over now with the USB sticks as memory units update. I haven't tried it myself but I think there are unofficial programs where you can 'inject' a save onto your USB stick.

http://www.pesgaming...ead.php?t=80357

Baddar whoring out pesgaming again :shifty:

It has the best files.

And also, it's easier than directly linking the file, as you can see exactly what is/isn't included by going there.

A pointless defence of the site, seeing as it's shit nowadays anyway. :shifty:

Finally went back to Master League online and tried a competition (D4 Cup). Its quite an entertaining little mode, having to record the best possible consecutive three games to get into the last 16, but you realise how much you're rewarded just for grinding out game after game rather than actually being any good. My team is still the default lads plus Ryan Taylor and Danny Murphy, but I'm regularly beating people lower rated than me with teams of Messi's, Ronaldo's etc, because they've played 400+ games in two months! Problem is you then run into someone decent with a good team and get pasted...

So anyway, managed a run of a win and two draws (wish I could score in-game pens, for some reason they're totally different direction wise to shoot-outs. Any advice?) and didn't qualify, but did leave myself with a small amount of spare cash. For some reason thought, a-ha! Kieron Dyers cheap and won't be injured every game on Pro Evo. Forgot there was a 'form' stat. Damn you Kieron.

For penalties, go into training and practice, key if you're going to play online tournaments as in the knockout rounds you are highly likely to go to penalties in some games. It seemed impossible at first, but after a quick try in training, it's not as hard as I thought really. Press B to start the run up (shoot) and as soon as he starts running up, hold the direction for about one second. Too much and it's wide, too little and it's down the center. If it's in game, up is to go left and down is to go right. A little practice in training works wonders and is crucial as you often get fools who hack you down and slide all over the place in the box, so it's key that you can convert those penalties.

I've been hooked on the online Master League now. Started a few days ago, overall a great blast, barring some negatives. The main one being the disconnect hack/cheat that many people use, which disconnects you and gives them an automatic 3-0 win. Pretty annoying as I've played possibly 80 to 100 games and nearly half of them have consisted of the opponent doing that, usually whenever I score too. That's one negative and the other is cheap players who load their squad up with speed players such as Messi, Martins, Ronaldo and so on. Just my opinion I guess, don't see the joy in those teams, I'm personally just buying players I really like in real life, but I guess we're all different.

So far I've only added a few players to my squad. First player I brought was Hulk, who was apparently a bargain player, yet turned out to be the most overrated player I've seen so far. Sold him and brought in Maccarone (used to play for Boro) who I've always been a fan of in real life, the difference is crazy, just fantastic. Great shooting, good passing, very good speed and can play quite a few positions. Also got Tabanou, brilliant AM who goes up in rating if you play him at LB, very cheap too. Also brought somebody today in CMF, forget his name though. Other than that, got the default team. Ordaz is awesome in front of goal and Guttierez is a beast in the air. Finally qualified for a knockout in the D5 tournament today and made the semis, where I met somebody with an ultimate team and sadly lost to an 80th minute header, still proud.

Not had much time to play offline ML. Have started one with Cardiff in the Championship though, played about 8 games and am top of the table, so going to try crack on with that throughout the week. Anybody got the recent patch? Many people complaining about the ML bug, any of you had any problems?

Well done, best I've managed so far is getting two wins and a draw and not qualified, though the fact I've just finally realised in game pens are different to shootout ones should help!

Totally signing Massimo Maccarone now though...

Just been playing Be A Legend as in the last couple of years.

Playing as second striker and also being played as an attacking winger and sometimes as the main striker for Japan.

Started with Willem II who are useless. Persevered for a season and no-one offered for me. Got some games for Japan though and scored a few. Terrible strike rate or Willem cos the midfield didn't link at all. Still got into the team of the year.

A few games into the second season Deportivo made an offer for me so of course I accepted it as Willem had stopped playing me. Then of course they bring me back, start making statements about how I'm a key player etc but too late and in the winter transfer window I move. Have a good second half of the season in Spain.

End of the second season is the Asia Cup. I get injured a week before it starts and out for four weeks but cos I'm in the squad I have to watch EVERY match played in its entirety. Japan demolish New Zealand and the other two teams. Qualify top. I recover for the South Korea game in the quarters.

I score the only goal in a 1-0 win but get taken off injured after 55 minutes after a dreadful tackle. So I miss the semi against Australia which we win on penalties 9-8. I come on as sub in the final as I'm getting back to fitness and we win so I get an Asia Cup winners medal. Nice.

Third season has started ok. Nice to be in Spain cos there are some decent quality opposition although the best team I've scored against was the Netherlands. Nice.

I enjoy the BAL games more than the normal mode now. I've been playing as a striker for the last 2 PES games so switched it around this time to a Wing Back with side midfielder and winger ticked, spent first season at Bolton and admittedly spent more time hogging the ball up the pitch then defending in my position. I've lost count of the number of times the oppo hoof the ball over to their left winger and he's all alone - exactly where I should be! Had one cap for England at left wing (right footed...) at the start of second season with Bolton, which is surprisingly earlier than I got capped as a striker banging in 30 last time. I think a real test for me will be to play as a Def Mid because I'll have to be disciplined there.