What is your favourite conservative movie?

METALMAN

The Dark Knight.

Batman is a walking PATRIOT act.

I also love 300 because they hack a bunch of Iranians to death.

U Spart A! U Spart A! U Spart A!

9. Blast from the Past

"Oh my lucky stars, a Negro!"

Yes, this movie belongs on this list.

EDIT: This list is ridiculous. "Batman is like George W. Bush, guys!" Yeah.

I can't really argue with their deconstruction of The Incredibles, though, especially considering the movie's contempt for both frivolous lawsuits and the French, as well as the fact that Bob Parr has just enough black friends to not be racist.

A movie about a dunce on a list of best conservative movies. No surprises there..

EDIT: And a movie about reliving the same thing over and over!

Haha, they used excerpts from Andrew Breitbart's blog for some of these.

Okay, so I just realized there was a serious list linked in the first post.

Then I read it. Then I found this "gem":

"Braveheart taught that freedom is not just worth dying for, but also worth killing for, in defense of hearth and homeland. Six years later, amid the ruins of the Twin Towers, Gibson’s message resonated with a generation of American youth who signed up to fight terrorists, instead of inviting them to join a “constructive dialogue.” Liberals have never forgiven Gibson since."

The fuck.

Edited by Josh-oo-wuh

Oh, I overlooked this gem, too:

Murray begins the film as an irony-soaked narcissist, contemptuous of beauty, art, and commitment.

Because if there's one thing you can count on the National Review neocon crowd for, it's support for the arts!

Oh my Christ, reading that was infuriating.

"This movie is conservative, because someone gets pregnant and doesn't have an abortion."

Go tell Diablo Cody that Juno is a "conservative" movie, I'll help you pick up your teeth.

How come The Lion King isn't on that list?

I mean...work with me here.

You have your conservative ruling class (The Lions, minus Scar). You have your liberal scumbag (Scar) that takes over and totally fucks everything up, even forcing (gasp) desegregation by letting the Hyenas in, only for the conservative hero to come in and save the whole area from said liberal scumbag. :shifty:

Yeah, people who say that Juno is a "conservative" movie haven't watched Juno lately. Because she doesn't get the abortion, right? But wait, she chooses to go ahead with the pregnancy after seeing the other option, which was open and available. So it's pro-choice if anything, surely? Pro-choice doesn't mean pro-abortion.

The list is pretty asinine, as has been noted.