Underappreciated Films

Benji

I was just looking through my DVD collection and noticed a few films I haven't watched in ages that I absolutely adore. Films like Big Fish, Elizabethtown and About a Boy are my prime examples, they're films that I absolutely love to watch and speak volumes with me, but I rarely ever actually sit down and watch.

Does EWB have any films that it has in its collection that they find they themselves underappreciate until they rewatch them?

I was just looking through my DVD collection and noticed a few films I haven't watched in ages that I absolutely adore. Films like Big Fish, Elizabethtown and About a Boy are my prime examples, they're films that I absolutely love to watch and speak volumes with me, but I rarely ever actually sit down and watch.

Does EWB have any films that it has in its collection that they find they themselves underappreciate until they rewatch them?

Big Fish is immense. :)

Big Fish is one of my favourite films, though I seem to forget about it when talking about such subjects.

Ghost Dog is really good, I don't own it, keep forgetting to buy it, and not many other people have seen it. I really should make an effort.

About A Boy is a fucking class film and one I should really own on DVD. I always tend to forget about it when I'm naming my Top 20 or so films, but yeah, I love it. Along with Definitely Maybe and 50 First Dates it's probably my favourite romcom type thingy.

Big Fish is a great movie... I want to watch it now. I own Ghost Dog, but I don't think I got around to watching it all.

Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas is the one I keep meaning to watch for the 1000th time but never get to it. I love it so.

o_Knocking-on-Heavens-door-dv.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119472/

Two young men, Martin and Rudi, both suffering from terminal cancer, get to know each other in a hospital room. They drown their desperation in Tequila and decide to take one last trip to the sea. Drunk and still in pajamas they steal the first fancy car they find, a 60's Mercedes convertible. The car happens to belong to a bunch of gangsters, which immediately start to chase it, since it contains more than the pistol Martin finds in the glove box.

It´s one of the rar good german movies. Check it out if you find a subtitled version.

/edit

The special edition DVD/bluray contains english subtitles and dubbing.Should be in the forgin section of your video lending place thing.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Someone said Into the Wild. Totally agree, I saw that movie on a whim and it totally blew me away. Really made me sit down and think about life and what I actually want out of it.

Edited by Hellfire

Forth'ed.

Watched it the other month. It reinforced my love for Hoffman and made me fall in love with Ethan Hawke. Everyone should search out that film.

According to a poll I saw the other day, Equilibrium, with Christian Bale, is very underrated. Is it worth a watch? The trailer looked pretty kick ass.