EWB's Top 50 Shows of 2010: The Results

GoGo Yubari

Can I just say that the American version of Top Gear is shit? I'm just putting that one out there, because seeing Top Gear place reminded me that History airs an americanized version that isn't nearly as amusing.

The same could be said about the Australian version. I don't even know what channel it's on, if it's on, any more.

Channel 9.

and last time I checked, Shane Warne was hosting.

Friday Night Lights, Lie to me and NCIS being that low makes me wonder what kind of crap is going to be higher up.

I actually quite enjoy Lie To Me (though, only for Roth), but I'm going to guess that with all these shows up here, the shows that come next will be the ones with stories that don't suck? >_>

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Can I just say that the American version of Top Gear is shit? I'm just putting that one out there, because seeing Top Gear place reminded me that History airs an americanized version that isn't nearly as amusing.

The same could be said about the Australian version. I don't even know what channel it's on, if it's on, any more.

Channel 9.

Friday Night Lights, Lie to me and NCIS being that low makes me wonder what kind of crap is going to be higher up.

I hate Shane Warne :angry:

Channel 9.

I hate Shane Warne :angry:

Who Doesn't?

Liz Hurley?

Channel 9.

Pretty rad crap, actually.

psych-season-5-spoilers.jpg

34. Psych (47 points, appeared on 5 ballots) (Last Year: N/A)

colbert-colbert.jpg

33. The Colbert Report (51 points, appeared on 6 ballots) (Last Year: N/A)

PARKS-AND-RECREATION-Season-3-550x411.jpg

32. Parks and Recreation (57 points, appeared on 5 ballots) (Last Year: #24)

Breaking-Bad-Season-2-Episode-Reviews.jpg

31. Breaking Bad (58 points, appeared 6 ballots) (Last Year: N/A)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 50 Shows of 2010: Fezes are cool.

It's in the title; basically it's just about the day-to-day lives of the employees of a Department of Parks and Recreation in an incredibly small American town. It was created by Greg Daniels, the same guy who did the US version of The Office and just like that show it had a short first season that was uneven and was trying too hard to be the show it was patterning itself after only to have an amazing second season where it really found its voice.

Never got into Psych. Watch Colbert Report on occasion. Never heard of Parks and Recreation (or Community, for that matter).

Haven't started any of Breaking Bad, but my gf has seasons 1 & 2 on DVD. It looks good and I know I'll enjoy it just have no motivation :P

Breaking Bad is one of those shows (along with Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, and maybe Walking Dead) that I would probably love if I ever watched it. But I'm very stuck on the idea of watching a series from the beginning, I don't buy/rent DVDs much, and do not have a Netflix account. And with shows like Boardwalk Empire, I don't have any premium cable channels.

It's probably for the best, as I would probably devote way too much time to TV in general if I kept up with everything.

I watched the first season of Breaking Bad a couple months ago and really liked it. Bumped the second season way up in my massive, meticulously ordered Netflix queue but even still it'll probably be a couple months before I start watching it.

My problem with Parks and Recreation is that I saw the first episode and really disliked it, so now even though everyone says its gotten much better I can't bring myself to watch it. Plus, I hate starting a show in the middle, so I would need to go back and watch all of season one before I made it to the supposedly great season two.

You could probably just watch the last episode of the first season and not really miss anything from the middle four of the first season. I rather liked "The Banquet" (second-to-last episode of the season), though.

Let's see.. of the shows I watched.

It's an absolute CRIME that Louie didn't make it on the list. I thought it was one of the most original shows to come out in a long time. Very funny, very dark.

Family Guy is a show I lost interest in a while back ago. Unless I'm under the influence, I just can't get into it anymore. Shame.

The League is very funny and underrated. The first season was pretty good, but the second season really knocked it out of the park. It should be maybe a few places higher.

Justified is on my shows to watch. I'll get on it soon enough.

Scrubs was nonexistent for me the last 2 seasons. Probably doesn't deserve its spot.

I saw the first episode of Party Down and loved it, but for some reason never got back to it. It's a shame as it is now dead, but, hey, at least there's time now. :shifty:

Lie To Me is on my shows to watch, but rather low on the list.

NCIS is terrible. How it's even on a list of 50 shows is beyond me. Seriously. Watch something good.

I like Psych, but I understand why it has the position on the list that it does. To me, it's a show to watch when I want to watch something humorous (but not laugh out loud funny.)

The Colbert Report should be higher. It's so good. SO GOOD.

I don't like Parks and Rec. I've watched it sporadically and each time just can't seem to get into it. However, I can see why people like it. 32 is probably a good spot for it.

Breaking Bad is on the tip top of my list of shows to watch. I already have the first season locked and loaded for my viewing pleasure.