Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

Sometimes when you talk to guards, they'll go on about how they used to adventure - until they took an arrow to the knee.

And considering how.. when you're talking to them.. you could have about 7 arrows sticking out of you...

His tragic tale :(

Ahhhh BRILLIANT.

If you haven't played as a sneaky-type yet, even if it's not your thing, I highly recommend it. It's great fun. I discovered something last night that probably everyone else already knew, but once you get your enchanting up, you can enchant armor,gloves,a ring, and a necklace with fortify smithing and you can improve items past legendary (status doesn't change if it's already legendary, but the armor/damages do).

I'm considering trying to put points on my sneaky character into the heavy armors just so I can get to Daedric or Ebony weapon improvements since right now an ebony bow will never be better than a glass bow for me because I can improve the glass bow higher. The issue there is that it's 3-4 perks I could be using on something much more useful than a few more points of damage...

So, in Winterhelm there's blatantly going to be a quest where you investigate the serial-killer that everyone keeps talking about. How do you actually trigger the quest? I've talked to the Yarl and his associates, the bar-staff and folk in the bar, just about everyone I remember passing in the street (though I can't guarantee that I've spoken to everyone), and I've wandered around aimlessly hoping that an event might be triggered based on how long I spend in Windhelm in one go. Most of that was over night too, because the killer pounces at night and I thought I might have a random chance of catching someone in the act.

So, after hearing about Skyrim marriage I've been looking up how to do it (Mara) and at who you can ask (if you're friendly enough with them). Bit of a shame that I won't be able to marry that redhead who owns the store in the Dwarven city to the West. From the list the front-runners so far are Aela the Huntress (would be...interesting), Ysolda and Senna (the introduction to her after the drinking contest was enjoyable and she's clearly gagging). Jordis is up there too and reading about Njada Stonearm (Companion with the red war paint) some of the stuff she says when married is rather lovely.

You need to get the amulet of Mara which crops up in certain places or you can just go to the Temple of Mara in Riften and buy it for 200. Having it kind of makes you legible for marriage if you speak with one of the priests there. Then you can ask various NPCs but they'll generally only marry you if you've completed a task or storyline arc involving them. You go to the temple, get married and can choose to move in with them or move them to a house you own. They then set up business in the house and you can get money and a meal from them each day.

Coolio! Thanks! I've only just been to Riften (I was wandering around outside the city, got arrested and stuff...paid my fine and went on my way). Found a few quests there, but made my way back to Whiterun to finish the companion questline (I am close to being done I think).