The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

THE MOON shall join your coalition!

I haven't watched Office yet but I liked Community (and loved the splicing together of "Kiss From a Rose," Pierce's hallucination, and Jesus singing), and very much liked Parks and Rec primarily for every last thing April and Andy did.

I liked Community (and loved the splicing together of "Kiss From a Rose," Pierce's hallucination, and Jesus singing)

This. Jeff and Dean Pelton singing together, dressed alike with the green-screen images is easily one of the best payoff moments the series has produced. The reveal of it being tweeted was amazing as well.

Office has really become a show that I'm just in the habit of watching. The no-star, ensemble cast works at times and it doesn't at others and it really feels like they're not even trying to build up meaningful stuff over the longterm. It's a comedy show in a vacuum and that's good and bad, I guess.

Guest mr. potato head

Good week. Community was relatively down-to-earth but still impressively funny, especially with the montage (Chang!) and Pierce's solo scenes. Parks and Rec was great, Andy and April especially as GoGo said but the Leslie/Ben stuff was good and I liked the Ron/Tom subplot too. I thought The Office had one of their better episodes of the season (not like that's saying much), if only for my surprise at Dwight's repeated attempts to fondle Jim's crotch.

And I'm still undecided which I like better, Community and P&R having model UN plots in the same season or The Office and Whitney having squash/racquetball scenes in back-to-back weeks.

It's sad, I guess, to see The Office just going through the motions these days. I don't think the episodes aren't particularly funny, nor will I stop watching, but there doesn't really seem to be a long-term plan anymore. The only thing worth rooting for is the Andy/Erin relationship to start up.

However, for me at least, it still has a certain charm that keeps me completely hooked. It's that charm, mixed with some genuine great laughs, that made the early seasons of the show probably my favorite episodes of any sitcom I know. Hopefully the show picks up its pace again though.

Really didn't like this week's Office. Felt like the laziest a-plot the show's done yet. The Andy/Robert/others subplot was amusing, though.

EDIT: No, now that I'm thinking about it properly, it really wasn't. Wow. This was a bad episode of The Office.

I think there IS a long-term plan, but they're going at a very deliberate pace. This week focused in one very specific way on Pam's impending delivery. They basically accomplished something that could have been done in one act. Meanwhile, we saw more of what's it like to have Robert California as CEO and, again, it was just a long elaboration on one aspect of that. I think, ultimately, there will be a more eventful point to the long-term plan and it will largely have to do with Robert. Of course, I'm only guessing.

On a completely different note . . . .

Just finished this week's episode of Community. That was the best one with the timeline one so far. Favourite moments were Troy hitting Abed covered in bubble wrap with the tennis racket in Annie's aparment, made me laugh so hard for some reason. Also the montage and how Troy/Abed/Annie's story in the end made Jeff cry. "I liked Horsebot 3000." The first few ones this season weren't that funny to me, but now it seems they are back on track.

Edited by The Sandman

Apparently NBC is putting Community on hiatus after this calander year, and placing Up All night or 30 Rock in it's spot. They also moved Whitney to Wednesdays (I believe) and added some lawyer drama to finish the Thursday night. NBC sucks. :'(

As someone stated on Twitter, NBC Britta'd their Thursday night lineup.

• Like 3

Terrible news. If you follow the ratings, you had to know the axe might fall eventually because it's ratings have been significantly the lowest of the night for a while. People are saying midseason replacement for a flop or possibly a summer burnoff of the remaining episodes, which really sucks. I wonder how the show handles it.

Guest mr. potato head

Terrible news. If you follow the ratings, you had to know the axe might fall eventually because it's ratings have been significantly the lowest of the night for a while. People are saying midseason replacement for a flop or possibly a summer burnoff of the remaining episodes, which really sucks. I wonder how the show handles it.

My own experience is that pretty much every 20-something I know likes the show. Is it similar for most of you? I'm wondering if this is when people start to realize that piracy actually has an effect on ratings, and therefore pirating a show you like makes it less likely to stay on the air.

The TV ratings doesn't mean shit unless you have a Nielsen box. If you do have a box, or a DVR, or Hulu and you're using none of those to support the show then that's a problem.

My own experience is that pretty much every 20-something I know likes the show. Is it similar for most of you? I'm wondering if this is when people start to realize that piracy actually has an effect on ratings, and therefore pirating a show you like makes it less likely to stay on the air.

I sent my younger brother a text to a tell him and he basically echoed that statement - everyone he knows likes and watches it and I can't really say differently. I just don't know if it's people's first priority on that day in that slot, because BBT (inexplicably) owns 8 o clock and owns 18-49. I always assumed NBC was aware that the fans were there and was keeping it around long enough to sell into syndication and because the season sets did well.

I more want to go on a rant about how cowing down to advertisers is what makes it hard for good shows to stay on the air and not piracy, but that's a trite point.

Guest mr. potato head

Sadly most networks (especially the big ones) are in the business of selling soap/making money, and always have been really. If they can get more money by putting something else in Community's spot, of course they'll do it. Hard to fault them for it even, when the entire TV structure is designed to ignore quality in favour of mass appeal.