The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

Who was that playing Blade in Community tonight? looked somewhat familiar. Decent episode. I think I liked 30 Rock more, though.

Yep, that's the guy!

Also, Fat Neil was totally on Awake last night. I think his character was named Tim or something, but all I could think of was Fat Neil.

I actually loved this week's Community. It's also my sisters 21st birthday today and I've been trying to think of a cake to get her. Since I couldn't find a good one, I had to get a basic one, so seeing that excellent cake is making me sad. :(

I wouldn't be surprised if it's something that occurs in the very finale episode of the show. Both things have been mentioned here and there and a lot of the time it isn't mentioned in some way, more of a 'mention it when it helps the plot' sort of thing.

Enjoyed Community last night, though. The return episode was decent, but it's been picking up steam for me ever since.

I'm assuming that shooting for this season has been wrapped and the finale isn't intended as a series finale caliber episode. With that in mind, I honestly think the best case scenario is to finally make next season the last one. Even if it means a one-year big bump for a few actor contracts or a 13 episode season, Daniels should do all he can to keep what he has now and focus on wrapping things up in a satisfying manner.

Guest mr. potato head

Community was excellent. Loved it. The Chang/Pierce stuff as somebody mentioned wasn't that great but I could easily take it in return for what we got from everyone else.

30 Rock was not excellent. Nothing offensively wrong (other than the lack of Pete and the writers), but nothing unusual and the stuff I liked - Tracy's non sequiturs and Liz's expressions - was the same stuff I've liked in every episode this year.

The Office was, I thought, actually far better than it had any right to be. The Nellie scenes were horrible, the "Pam and Jim are the only ones who can empathize" plots grew old years ago, and Jessica was such a waste of a character that I'd expected Andy to break up with her off-screen, and yet I didn't completely hate the episode. Erin was funny and toned down, the secondary office characters were used just about right, and when I turned the TV off, I was willing to look past the Nellie stuff and how there's still no reason to expect her to be on the show beyond the cast and crew liking Catherine Tate. Starting to wonder too if Robert California's been fed utter straight man lines all season and just chosen to play them off as insane because he realizes that's the only way his character can be not-flat.

I think The Office made a big mistake early on by not shaking up their cast from time to time. Nothing major, necessarily, but Creed or Kelly or Kevin could have been dropped and replaced by somebody who wasn't as obviously a guest character as most temporary additions. That would be more in tune with a real office, force the creative team to develop new characters who could be at least as interesting as the rest of the second-stringers, and allow the show to make occurrences of other characters leaving (Michael, Dwight) seem more natural than they were, and certainly from a backstage standpoint, seem less like a sign of the show having passed its peak and more a sign of natural evolution. Changing over half the cast next year would look desperate. Doing it gradually over the years wouldn't have.

Scrubs comparison isn't really fair either IMO. Scrubs was always very specifically about its main characters, so of course replacing them wouldn't work well. The Office was, in theory, more of an ensemble show.

30 Rock was really good last night. Any time James Marsden shows up the show gets better, and they've finally stopped treading water. Not sure how I feel about another live episode, though, it was a neat concept but not actually that great the first time.