The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

yea, I thought Community was rather dull, aside from the Starburns video at the end. Except for that, this weak was the weakest episode of Community I've seen..and I've been watching since the start

yea, I thought Community was rather dull, aside from the Starburns video at the end. Except for that, this weak was the weakest episode of Community I've seen..and I've been watching since the start

I agree. Pretty much nothing of note happened. When they are sitting around the table I truly though they were only half way through an episode.

I agree. Pretty much nothing of note happened. When they are sitting around the table I truly though they were only half way through an episode.

They got expelled.

I mean... come on. That's pretty important.

Definitely felt more like it was setting up the end of this series, but that's okay sometimes. It kind of felt like the first of the last 3 episodes of Supernatural/Buffy/Angel every series. Where they finally find whatever kills the big bad guy after 20 episodes of standalone episodes.

I... never really liked that way of telling the story, but hey, those shows all went at least 5 or more series, it must works >_>

• Like 1

It was bad, but I think the episode from Season 1 with the high school kids making fun of Jeff and Britta was the worst.

This episode, it feels like somebody said "We should kick them out of Greendale and have Chang take over" and never really fleshed out how it would happen. The whole summer school thing/Starburns wake turning into a riot felt forced.

"Is that your official statement? 'I sad'?"

"Now I get it! Your mom and my dad are both dicks!"

I think Parks & Rec was my favourite of the night. :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah, Community was by far the weakest episode of the season, though there were some good bits (Garrett's falsetto "Ave Maria," for one). Parks and Rec was just fantastic.

I was happy enough with all 4, even though 30 Rock and Community have had better episodes (they were both arguably following their own strongest efforts, too.) Parks and Rec was solid stuff.

I'm gonna make special note of The Office though: that was easily their best episode since Pool Party, and maybe even better than that. Pool Party was just great for a series of jokes, but last night's episode was deliciously plot-heavy. Plus, it was funny.

All 4 shows have now set off in the direction of "wrap up the big plotlines", so everything that remains should be interesting.

Don't get me wrong, calling an episode of Community weak still means it was good, just not as much. I went into this knowing it was a two parter so I enjoyed it as such, setting the scene for next week and still getting a few laughs in. I think part of that will be why the three parter will be so good, I'll be seeing them all consecutively rather than with a 30 minute gap along it.

I don't think this was the weakest episode they've had. It was a set up towards the finale and had some nice moments. Personally, I liked the call-back to the multiple timeline episode which is tied for favorite episode alongside "Basic Lupine Urology". I still feel the impersonator one was the weakest episode Community's ever had.

EDIT: I also enjoyed the fact that the characters did go through the five stages of grief throughout the episode.

I'm not getting the 'hate' Community's had this week. I'm glad they did a 'normal' episode, I thought they were going too mad with the theme episodes this season - since it's returned we've had Law & Order, the Dreamatorium, the pillow fight (pt2) in 4 weeks.

Granted it wasn't the best 'normal' episode, but still enjoyable. Besides, it gave us C'MON ON I'M DEAN. How can you damn an episode featuring that magic?

• Like 1

I don't think this was the weakest episode they've had. It was a set up towards the finale and had some nice moments. Personally, I liked the call-back to the multiple timeline episode which is tied for favorite episode alongside "Basic Lupine Urology". I still feel the impersonator one was the weakest episode Community's ever had.

EDIT: I also enjoyed the fact that the characters did go through the five stages of grief throughout the episode.

You aren't talking about the Conspiracy Theory episode are you? If you are then I hate you.

This episode definitely had it's moments, it's just it felt thrown together to get them where they want to be for the last few episodes.

Yeah, that impersonator one wasn't great. The thing that sticks out most for me from it was that Chang formed his gang of kids and it coincidentally happened to be only about a week after the whole Kony thing happened.

Weak episodes for me have included Competitive Wine Tasting, Intro To Political Science (which is only saved for me by the Abed side story) along with some of the earlier season 1 episodes where the show really didn't have well defined characters yet.

Saw this on Tumblr earlier. Hidden as it may contain spoilers for the finale of Community.

tumblr_m3iaq2BkN01qf12z1o1_250.gif

tumblr_m3iaq2BkN01qf12z1o2_250.gif

tumblr_m3iaq2BkN01qf12z1o3_250.gif

tumblr_m3iaq2BkN01qf12z1o4_250.gif

tumblr_m3iaq2BkN01qf12z1o5_250.gif

tumblr_m3iaq2BkN01qf12z1o6_250.gif

tumblr_m3iaq2BkN01qf12z1o7_250.gif

tumblr_m3iaq2BkN01qf12z1o8_250.gif

For those who can't see the gifs,

It's being insinuated that Darkest Timeline Jeff returned, along with the rest of the crew, getting them kicked out to reclaim their spot in Greendale. Would make sense as the call back to the Multiple Timeline episode.

• Like 4