The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

Guest mr. potato head

For those who can't see the gifs,

It's being insinuated that Darkest Timeline Jeff returned, along with the rest of the crew, getting them kicked out to reclaim their spot in Greendale. Would make sense as the call back to the Multiple Timeline episode.

You mean there's other timelines?

• Like 1

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/television/nbc-final-shortened-seasons-30-rock-community-parks-recreation-article-1.1074555

NBC has picked up a half dozen new shows for next season and multiple reports say the network will give final shortened seasons to its veteran sitcoms "30 Rock," "Community" and "Parks and Recreation."

NBC had not confirmed any pickups of returning shows as of early afternoon Tuesday. But the network in the past has embraced all three, despite their relatively low ratings, because they are critical and cult favorites.

And because, frankly, NBC hasn't found a lot of other shows lately that have shown the promise of doing a lot better.

In the case of "30 Rock," it has won numerous Emmys and other awards. Creator/star Tina Fey and co-star Alec Baldwin have also multiple awards and both are signed for one more season.

According to reports in the Huffington Post and elsewhere, "30 Rock" would get 13 more shows, giving it a total of seven seasons and more than enough episodes to be lucrative in syndication.

Wrapping it up in 2012-2013 would be consistent with recent comments by both Fey and Baldwin, who have said they see their involvement with the show ending.

If "Community" returns, it could be lacking Chevy Chase, a prominent member of the ensemble cast. Chase has been quoted lately as calling the show "a mediocre sitcom" and saying he can't wait to be rid of it.

"Parks and Recreation," which stars Fey's old "Saturday Night Live" running buddy Amy Poehler, has always gotten rapturous reviews, but has never seemed to bring large new audiences to NBC, which could use some.

Another season would be the fifth for "Parks and Rec" and the fourth for "Community."

NBC did confirm Tuesday that it has picked up a number of new sitcoms, including Matthew Perry's "Go On," Anne Heche's "Save Me," Ryan Murphy's "The New Normal," Bill Pullman's "1600 Penn" and Justin Kirk's "Animal Practice."

That story is basically paraphrasing this one but nowhere in the original story does it indicate that the shortened orders for Parks & Rec and Community would also be their last. Just that the shortened order for 30 Rock would be it's last.

It also clarifies that none of it is official, something that the NY Daily News article doesn't make as clear.

For me 30 Rock should end next season for sure. Community probably shouldn't but if it does the four season arc is at least there and they can pull out all the stops. If Parks ends fuck NBC.

• Like 3

I just do not understand NBC's 90s mentality of "HALF-HOUR COMEDIES MUST BE ON 8pm TO 10pm THURSDAY NIGHTS!"

They're getting demolished in that timeslot, but they've never even tried to put 30 Rock, Parks & Rec or Community in any different spot besides that two hour window (or briefly, three hour window last year) on Thursdays.

To make a wrestling analogy, its like WWE keeping Raw on Monday nights, even though they struggle to get higher ratings when they're up against Monday Night Football, they had success in the past on Mondays in that time slot, so they stick with tradition hoping they'll have success again, just as NBC had success for around 20 years with their Thursday night Must See TV lineup, so they stick with it (and a lot of people complained when they messed with the formula and had the Apprentice on at 9pm Thursdays)

But hope all works out for Community, with or without Chevy Chase (I demand six seasons and a movie dammit). The other shows are great too, but I didn't get into them until later in their runs, whereas I have not missed a single episode of Community

At this point I'd rather see Chevy Chase gone. I've heard Dan can be a dick to work for but wow...a mediocre sitcom that he can't wait to be rid of? Community is the only reason people realized Chevy Chase hasn't died yet

Guest mr. potato head

30 Rock's had a great rebound year but having that momentum roll through one final season is probably the best decision all around. Community, understandable if rage-inducing. Parks and Rec, just rage-inducing.

New Matthew Perry show can't be any worse than Mr. Sunshine, right?

As for the reason I came in here: the last few weeks, Parks and Rec has been shown up here on Tuesday nights for some reason. I finally remember this on a Tuesday night for once tonight, check the CityTV website, and find that the finale's scheduled for 9:30. Arrange the rest of my night around said finale. Flip to the channel, sit through the last few minutes of That New Girl, next show starts...

...and it's some sitcom with a laugh track and generic sitcom cast. And the guide tells me Rules of Engagement is what I'm watching and what's supposed to be in that slot. :angry:

30 Rock has officially been renewed for its final season.

Meanwhile, in Zombie Office news, Ed Helms, John Krasinski, and Jenna Fischer have signed deals to be on it next season. Rainn Wilson and Mindy Kaling are still leaving, Paul Lieberstein will no longer be show-runner because he's going to work on the Dwight spinoff so I guess Toby's gone too. But hey, we still get Jim and Pam because they've been so great lately!

I've basically been stalking the AV club most of today and yesterday. I felt very put off when they put a Community and Parks and Rec notification into the opening paragraph of a random article, and then never mentioned the shows again.