2011 ICC World Cup Thread

sahyder1

I like to remain optimistic, but I really can't see England getting 4 wickets before WI get 33 more runs here. I didn't think we'd get it when they needed 60-odd.

I hope they prove me wrong, but ugh, not looking good.

And that last one was a six, no doubt about it.

:w00t:

Magic! Just fucking magic!

If this is magic, then it is like...Expecting David Copperfield then only getting a guy pull plushy bunnies out of his hat, but only after an extreme effort because the bunny was stuck to all the lint in the hat. *technically speaking* magic, but you still feel like something better should have happened.This should have been a cakewalk at six down, and England made it hard for themselves, but didn't leap *all* the way in to the fire.

Some perspective here, lads.

Never been more happy to be proven completely wrong. :lol:

Just spent an entire Russian history lecture frantically refreshing Orange's shitty cricket text commentary - from the sounds of it, all the bowlers picked up their game after the Windies powerplay. Bopara finishing with 8.4-2-22-2, that's fucking magic right there, and it looks like Swann bowled at his restrictive best. Just need South Africa to beat Bangladesh and/or India to beat the Windies and we're through. Craziness. :w00t:

I know this is ridiculous to say this because we lost to Ireland and Bang. BUT, England are unbeaten against the so called 'bigger' nations in their group, in the supposed tougher group of the two. That in itself is one hell of an achievement. Weirdly I think the players could go into the quarters quietly confident. If we end up in third in the table I assume we will play Sri Lanka, who will of course be a tough game, but I think we could give it one hell of a crack against them.

Also, as a Fan of Kent, COME ON TREDDERS!

Died a little inside after West Indies choked, Bangladesh hasn't performed when playing at Mirpur and it's a pitch that suits Dale Steyn...if we can bowl first and restrict them to a poor total then we have a chance, hoping and praying for an upset but I don't see it happening.