2011 ICC World Cup Thread

sahyder1

No disrespect to NZ, but England and Sri Lanka will feel like their chances of making the final have been enhanced by the result today. I'll finish work early enough tomorrow to be home in time for the game - anyone plan on watching it in its entirety?

Just got back from the stadium @ Mirpur, lots of fun some of the catches New Zealand pulled off were insane...I think it was Oram? dashing all along the boundary and plucking the ball out of the air when it seemed destined to be a 6.

Pakistan-India is going to all sorts of awesome, hoping for a England world cup win so we can talk about how we beat the champions, hope India fails.

I know I couldn't believe when they dropped the second and the the third! Hopefully that's the bit of luck that will win us the game. It's looking like we'll get a decent total at the moment, but with the dreaded power play to come things could go down the shitter again!

This is just an absolutely dreadful performance from England's bowlers. Quite a bit of luck inflated their run total, but it wasn't enough to prevent Sri Lanka from making this chase look routine.

Yup and as much as England fans have segeroated they have looked average at best this World Cup. Thy choked away a win against England. They lost to Banglades and Ireland and in all honesty didn't look impressive versus the Dutch. If West Indies and don't South Africa don't offer collapses just as big this England campaign would have been over two weeks ago.

Yes a win is a win but the they looked far from impressive in this tournament given the talent.

Edited by sahyder1