EWB's Favorite MST3K Episodes - The Voting Thread

Josh

Just realized I'd listed Space Mutiny twice.

I mean, it probably deserves it, but yeah.

I'm dumb.

Somebody laugh at me.

1550522-krankor_super.jpg

HEEEEEH HEEEEEH HEEEEEH HEEEEEH HEEEEEH HEEEEEH HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH

And I didn't like Hercules Unchained, but Hercules vs. The Moon Men is excellent. I love the bit where they're walking through the cave and the old guy is randomly impaled on a trap and takes about three full seconds to react.

Oh my god, Space Mutiny's the one with that dude and the "don't you know your guns are powerless against me" guy? How did I fucking forget that?

EDIT: Luckily apparently my list only had nine episodes for whatever reason.

Oh my god, Space Mutiny's the one with that dude and the "don't you know your guns are powerless against me" guy? How did I fucking forget that?

No, that's Prince of Space, which is the one I added.

Space Mutiny is the one with Punt Speedchunk.

No, that's Prince of Space, which is the one I added.

Space Mutiny is the one with Punt Speedchunk.

Dammit, you're right. It's been too long. LAUGH AT ME TOO

At some point when you're looking for something to do, watch Prince of Space and Invasion of the Neptune Men back-to-back.

Actually, don't.

The point is that they're almost the exact same movie. Both hilarious though. Invasion of the Neptune Men has one of the greatest "what the fuck?" moments of all time.

I may have to go and consult my autographed copy of The Amazing Colossal Episode Guide (suck it, bitches!) and then alter my list, but here it is:

1. Manos The Hands of Fate

2. Overdrawn At The Memory Bank

3. Mitchell

4. Mighty Jack

5. Gamera

6. Samson vs. The Vampire Women

7. Diabolik

8. Wild Rebels

9. Earth vs. The Spider

10.Santa Claus Conquers The Martians

*edit* I forget who had Red Zone Cuba on their list, but that's actually one of my least favorites, due to the fact it had way too many jokes aimed directly at Coleman Francis rather than at the piece of shit film.

Edited by GhostMachine

1. Horrors of Spider Island

2. Manos: The Hands of Fate

3. I Was A Teenage Werewolf

4. Horror of Party Beach

5. Hobgoblins

6. The Screaming Skull (w/ Robot Rumpus)

7. Squirm (w/ Spring Fever)

8. The Dead Talk Back

9. Code Name: Diamond Head (w/ A Day At The Fair)

I included the Screaming Skull pretty much purely for the Robot Rumpus short. One of my favourites. Same reason "Squirm" is on there. That episode isn't bad or anything, but I really like the Spring Fever short.

I just realized that you have room for one more.

*edit* I forget who had Red Zone Cuba on their list, but that's actually one of my least favorites, due to the fact it had way too many jokes aimed directly at Coleman Francis rather than at the piece of shit film.

That was me. And yes, but does any other movie have Cherokee Jack?

I've never seen the MST3K episode of Diabolik - is it actually any good? I genuinely enjoy the movie itself, and don't think much of the last season of MST3K, so have avoided it until now.

I've never seen the MST3K episode of Diabolik - is it actually any good? I genuinely enjoy the movie itself, and don't think much of the last season of MST3K, so have avoided it until now.

I'd call Diabolik very good, but not quite one of the greats. The bar was just way too high by that point. However, as a finale episode it's pretty damn good.

10. The one where Leonard Maltin showed up. I cant find the name of it

Gorgo? The Irish Godzilla movie? He actually appeared in that episode. Otherwise, the only one I can think of is Laserblast, wherein Mike and The Bots rail against Maltin for rating that movie so well.

Jack Frost is fantastic, but it's probably my #11. That and Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders are the ones I regret not having room for.

Jack Frost is actually too weird for me. But I echo your thoughts on Merlin's Mystical Shop of Magical Wonders.

Prince of Space certainly got a better name than 'Space Chief'. Those kids clearly spent more time working on wearing tiny pants and less time thinking of a better name for their superhero.

Lazerblast is a fun film, especially because Eddie Diesen is in it! And if I remember, at one point he's even doing some bullying!

I think my favorite moment in MST3k is when they react to El Santo's first on screen appearance in Samson vs The Vampire Women.

That's the moment that got me to finally watch that episode, and I'm very glad I did. Speaking of that, here's a couple of my favorite fan-complilations - parts of which will serve as a bit of a teaser for the final list:

Top 10 Joel Era WTF Moments

Top 10 Mike Era WTF Moments

And what the hell:

Top 10 Mike Era WTF Moments Part TWO

Speaking of the final list, expect that thread to start going up tomorrow. The votes have been tabulated.

Expect LOTS of ties. Seriously, a shit-ton of ties. I guess that happens when 12 people are voting. But a good list all the same! Tomorrow!