2011 NFL Offseason Thread

sahyder1

Mark Ingram to New Orleans, that offense gets even better.

There were two teams that I really did not want to draft Ingram - Saints and the Pats.

Shit.

At least we got Jimmy Smith.

I actually like ESPN's set up this year. John Gruden is talking most of the time....which is a MAJOR POSITIVE since it means that we aren't subjected to McShay/Kiper bickering about "value".

See, I think the opposite. I think they need at least one more person with them because all three of them are talking too long and just end up rambling half the time.

Smith might be out of the league in a few years due to off-field issues.

With Ray Lewis and Ed Reed in that locker room, I doubt it.

But what else would you expect a Steeler fan to say. :/

Yeah Jamal Lewis never did anything wrong while he was in that locker room.

Ray Lewis never did anything wrong while he was in that locker room.

And if Ed Reed was such a strong influence then why did his brother get into trouble?

• Like 1

Smith might be out of the league in a few years due to off-field issues.

With Ray Lewis and Ed Reed in that locker room, I doubt it.

But what else would you expect a Steeler fan to say. :/

Yeah Jamal Lewis never did anything wrong while he was in that locker room.

Ray Lewis never did anything wrong while he was in that locker room.

And if Ed Reed was such a strong influence then why did his brother get into trouble?

Do you have any brothers or sisters, Chase? Would you like us to judge your integrity based on their actions? The first two points are valid but that last one is nothing but a pointless cheapshot.

Because I'm not huge on my college football players.

Muhammad Wilkerson, good player?

He's good. Even if you were into college football, odds of you hearing much about him outside of the Philly area is slim, since Temple has just recently become a decent football program.

I actually enjoy McShay/Kiper bickering, but I'm weird. I have yet to see McShay though. I think he is primarily doing the online stuff.

I think McShay handles the ESPN Radio stuff.

Wow. This is pretty low even for you. How about we leave the guy's dead brother out of this?

Edit: Plus didn't his brother have mental issues and that is why the family reported him missing to the police with a car that belonged to a 3rd brother? I don't remember reading anything about a legal history.

Edited by sahyder1

Do you have any brothers or sisters, Chase? Would you like us to judge your integrity based on their actions? The first two points are valid but that last one is nothing but a pointless cheapshot.

You're right, I do apologize.

But to act like Rolemodel Ray is going to prevent this kid from doing anything wrong and turn him into a perfect citizen is ridiculous when Ray couldn't even keep himself out of trouble, and it's not like no Baltimore Ravens have done anything wrong since Ray has been around.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming that Baltimore is the new Cincinnati or anything, I just don't think you can be sure a guy is suddenly going to turn things around because OMG RAY LEWIS!

Jimmy Smith is soft anyway. Good luck playing in the AFC North.

Edited by Evil Chase K

Where is Jamal Lewis now?

How long ago was Ray Lewis' trouble?

I rest my case.

If he comes in and is a knucklehead and never gets on the right path, they will get rid of him. It's a pick that won't set them back, unlike the Vikings and Titans possibly did tonight.

I sure hope Tyron Smith can be a cornerstone offensive lineman for the next 10 years. If he's middle of the road or worse then the Cowboys really blew it by not drafting Nick Fairley. Sticking him on a line with Ratliff and Ware would have been a dominant combination. I know we needed O-line help, but you can always get that deeper into the draft.

Rich Eisen just announced that there has been a "stay" put on the injunction, thus restoring the lockout