2011 NFL Offseason Thread

sahyder1

I'm going to laugh at whatever team picks that douche Ryan Mallet....oh wait, the Patriots just picked him. Fuck me. :(

I just want some front seven defensive players dammit.

I'm not that high on Taylor as a backup but in today's NFL you might as well have a backup who can play spread or a role like Josh Cribbs does on the Browns. Really, looking at the teams out there these days there's only a handful I can say should feel confident about their backup QB.

Although I normally an not a fan of the organization and their rapis... sorry, mean players... in this case, I don't see the issue. He sees people celebrating death and he thinks that is contrary to the teachings of the bible. Just because the guy who died is a cunt doesn't change that. The other stuff is just conspiracy nonsense, but even so, people are allowed to be idiots.

I don't know what is stupider, the shit Mendenhall said or the fact that it's somehow a story. Who gives a shit? If every athlete who said something stupid on Twitter was benched or suspended, there'd be no one left to play in the games.

Also, if your post was a shot at me, you're barking up the wrong tree. I've been a vocal opponent of the ridiculous myth of "the Steeler Way" that so many yinzers and Steelers fans love to cite as if it's a real fucking thing.

This comment:

What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side...

and this one:

We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style.

Pretty much show that Mendenhall is an idiot and possibly a conspiracy theorist.

But I do get the gist of what he was trying to say, otherwise.

Whenever Ben hands off the ball to him from now on, I guess it should be called a "Dumb and Dumber play". Yeesh!

Guest JukeboxHero

I especially love the comment about how we haven't heard him speak or give his side of the story. You know, except for the fact that he was constantly releasing videos talking about the attacks and even promised more bloodshed. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but expect to be called out and criticized when you're being an idiot.

• 3 weeks later...

So..my keeper league is heating up with bidding and the draft coming up soon. So before the draft the team looks as follows

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick

QB Jay Cutler

RB Ronnie Brown

RB Mike Tolbert

RB Beanie Wells

RB Fred Jackson

WR Arrelious Benn

WR Marques Colston

WR Wes Welker

WR Robert Meachem

TE Jimmy Graham

TE Antonio Gates

D 49ers

D Giants

D Browns

K Adam Vinteri

Cardnals Alt Team

The way our league works is that a player must be certified in order to be picked up...You draft the ALt teams and when the players on the AL team that you drafted becomes certified you get first dibs on that player. So any of the Cardinals postion players become certified I am the first one to sign them. Player has to score ten fantasy points to become certified.

With that said my team isn't full of powerhouse players but full of people that will all contribute at least 3 or 4 points a week..so It should keep me in some good games. As far as the draft goes I'm debating on who i'm going to draft with my number 1 pick...either a Quarterback such as Christian Ponder or a WR.

• 1 month later...

When Bart Scott attempted to trademark "Can't Wait" most people assumed that he was just looking to make some money off of the interview. Turns out he's putting it to some good use. He's having some shirts printed and all of the proceeds are going to Eric LeGrand of Rutgers who was paralyzed in a game last year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...