2011 NFL Offseason Thread

sahyder1

Honestly think the Giants might be lucky to go 8-8.

I agree. This season they won't have to wait for another Week 16/17 chokejob that keeps them out of the playoffs. They'll be out of the mix long before then, especially with that brutal stretch at the end - PHI, @NO, GB, @DAL, WASH, "@"NYJ, DAL. They could very well reach the bye week at 5-1, or even 6-0, and still finish 7-9.

I'd like to know when the Giants decided to go full Wilpon this offseason, and put a chastity belt on the checkbook <_<

Edited by naiwf

The Deion Sanders Sunday Ticket commercials somehow seem to get more amusing now that he's in the Hall of Fame. Anyone else know of any HoF'ers who've dressed up as fairies for commercials?

(This should go somewhere interesting.) :shifty:

Mason to the Jets? Same situation as Floyd where he took less money to go elsewhere. I expect Cotchery to come in to Baltimore. Ravens need to find a tall target though and not another Boldin clone though, someone to open up the field. Sadly unless James Hardy turns into something there's nobody out there to really bring in.

James Hardy will never be anything.

God hates him, just like all recent Buffalo WRs.

I still think the Eagles will trade Asante, locking up a huge incoming draft class is top on Philly's checklist. They're going to contend with or without Samuel so at least trading him helps them compete more down the line. I mock Andy Reid for his late-game coaching, but the man is the best in the league when it comes to personnel decisions.

Bill Belicheck says Hi.

He's a better coach and drafter, Reid fills holes better. If Reid could coach and there was no such thing as Spygate he'd have 2 or 3 rings at this point and Belichick might have 1.

Woah, let's not get ahead of ourselves here and pretend only the big, bad Pats were the ones jacking signals. They were just the ones who got caught.

That's a pretty severe claim, got any evidence to support it?

I know I'm a bit late on this but he's right. Jimmy Johnson has admitted to "stealing" signals as well and he was taught to do it by other teams. It's a common tactic in the league and really isn't that much of a big deal as the media or Goodell made it out to be. Besides, even after getting caught, they still went on to have an undefeated season and still are consistently among the best in the league so I doubt it really made that much of a difference.

Pretty sure I've heard that Howard Mudd, Marty Schottenheimer, Jim Johnson, Tony Dungy, Mike Shanahan, Bill Cowher, etc. have done it as well. I'd be willing to bet just about the entire league has, or possibly still does, "steal" opponents signals.

Oh, I missed that post. My bad.

But yeah, Jimmy Johnson and Schottenheimer (and the guys who coached under Schottenheimer) were who I was thinking of.

I don't know why they let Boss go. they should re-sign Steve Smith still. the young receivers should be good but they need help bad at TE now. I'm not sure about the defense. Giants could still sneak into the playoffs.

I think the asking price on Boss was too much for the Giants, but he really didn't go for that much considering deals that have been out there over the past month. Not sure what Reese and them were thinking. I'm hoping for Travis Beckum to have a decent season, although he's not much of a blocker, but who needs to block when you have the most stable offensive line in the NFL? ... Oh wait.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/08/08/mikel-leshoure-injury.ap/index.html?xid=si_topstories

Mikel Leshoure done for the year w/ a torn Achilles. Ouch. Lady Luck has a cactus up the Lions' collective ass.

Oh well, Jahvid Best is a beast. They need to pick up someone for goal line situations now, tho.

I'm usually the one who comes in to defends the Jets/Jets fans but some of these idiots need to stop their whining about Ellis signing with the Patriots. Its football. Guys change teams. Especially considering the Jets signed Jason Taylor last under the exact same circumstances.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/08/08/mikel-leshoure-injury.ap/index.html?xid=si_topstories

Mikel Leshoure done for the year w/ a torn Achilles. Ouch. Lady Luck has a cactus up the Lions' collective ass.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I hate being a Lions fan sometimes... Mostly during football season. :(

Interestingly, his career may be derailed by this injury before it gets off the ground. I don't know much about sports injuries, but I can't imagine this wouldn't be something that would have a lingering effect on a running back. But then, what do I know?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I hate being a Lions fan sometimes... Mostly during football season. :(

Interestingly, his career may be derailed by this injury before it gets off the ground. I don't know much about sports injuries, but I can't imagine this wouldn't be something that would have a lingering effect on a running back. But then, what do I know?

I'm kinda drunk, so I might be misreading this. But yes, a torn Achilles can be a very debilitating injury for anyone, let alone a running back

I love the Ricky signing for Baltimore. He fits in well, pretty much just replacing what they lost by cutting McGahee.

So long as he doesn't demand a mountain of touches and has a small Salary Cap footprint I think that the veteran presence in the backfield could pay dividends if he can teach Rice a thing or two like when a team brings in a Veteran QB to teach a Rookie.

Now Rice isn't a rookie and can stand up well on his own but surely there's something that Ricky knows that can help Rice become a better running back.

Watched the Seattle Seahawks practice last Friday, August 5th. I'm excited to see the T-Jack redemption this season.

If the Jets were going to return to Cortland this year, I was going to go. But unfortunately they didn't.

Now watch, because they didn't come to Cortland for camp this year (like they have the last two years), they're going to suck it up. <_<

Edited by Disturbed