2011 NFL Offseason Thread

sahyder1

I really do wonder how long it will be before someone tries to craft a minor league football program and recruit kids directly out of college, then pay them.

Also, my guess is Miami, Seattle, Buffalo, New Orleans or possibly Detroit grabs him.

I really do wonder how long it will be before someone tries to craft a minor league football program and recruit kids directly out of college, then pay them.

Also, my guess is Miami, Seattle, Buffalo, New Orleans or possibly Detroit grabs him.

I think there is probably zero percent chance that Detroit even shows any interest in him. They're set and happy with their QB situation.

I don't know why everyone is predicting them to be amazing right out the gate, they weren't all that great last season either. DeSean is the best deep threat in the league, for sure, but that's about all he is. Smith, we have no idea how healthy he is, and he and Vick will still need to get in sync with one another before they can be truly effective. Plus, who knows what effect the illness will have on Maclin at the beginning of the year. They're loaded with potential big play ability, yes, but fundamentally, they're still only a somewhat above average offense. It's the defense that's going to be a nightmare.

Speaking of Maclin, oh how I wish he weren't on the Eagles, he'd probably be one of my favorite players.

Also, a lovely note on just how much of a jackass Vick is, responding to the idea that fans still hate him for his past crimes he said this:

"I dismissed those people the first day I got out of prison," Vick said. "There may still be masses of people who feel that way. Just don't put it in my face. Because I will take the initiative to put it back in your face. They can continue to say this is phony or fictitious, but they should focus on something more productive and positive."

He should really just shut the fuck up and avoid questions like that. He's paid his debt to society in the view of the US Government, but he needs to realize that doesn't mean shit to animal rights activists. This isn't like getting a DUI or assaulting a stripper. He was fighting living creatures for sports and outright murdering some of them in seriously sadistic and disturbing fashion. People aren't ever going to forget that, nor should they have to, especially when he gets to go right back into his old way of life, getting yet another opportunity to make millions of dollars. He's always going to be Michael Vick the dog killer to people, because Michael Vick killed a whole fuckload of dogs, and serving 2 years in prison doesn't make that all magically go away. He clearly still hasn't accepted that fact yet, and it's not looking like he ever will.

EDIT: Alright, maybe assaulting a stripper was a bad idea. I meant it as the more general alleged domestic abuse that happens every year, which is disgusting in it's own right, but it's not murder. Bah, murky waters.

Let's hope I can repeat 2009, where I won Pick Em and went 16-0 in Survival. Of course I'm picking the Browns week 1, so there's even odds I'll be dead right out of the gate.

You want to talk about being on EWB for too long, I looked at my fantasy profile and found a team I had in a league here that had Dominick Davis on it. And he was the best player. :mellow:

You want to talk about being on EWB for too long, I looked at my fantasy profile and found a team I had in a league here that had Dominick Davis on it. And he was the best player. :mellow:

I go back to 2003 when I dominated the basketball league with the following guys, Vlade Divac, Steve Francis, Joe Johnson, AK-47, Damon Jones, Karl Malone, Donyell Marshall, Walter McCarty, Cuttino Mobley, Joe Smith, Eric Snow, Kenny Thomas and Dirk Nowitzki :lmao:

I've only ever done fantasy football on EWB once. I sucked. Ws the first time I ever tried fantasy football. NEver had time since then to do it again, so I never had.

Though I'll sign up for the Pick'Em and Survival leagues. Once my yahoo account re-activated, since the last time I used it was for the Survival and Pick'em leagues last year..