What're You Watching On Netflix Streaming?

A-Dub

Netflix streaming services are probably my favorite part of the 21st century, but sometimes it's a bitch to find something new. What have you been watching and have you found anything new that surprised you?

Recently, I've been watching all the James Bond movies they have on instant stream. It seems like they have most of the Roger Moore and Sean Connery ones. I've just started watching Parks and Rec after I stopped keeping up with it when I didn't like the first season. The few WWE sets they have haven't been much good, but I've been looking forward to watching the Bobby Heenan one.

What about you?

Futurama seems to be a constant for me in terms of shows on there. I also just got done watching Mystery Team-- as I mentioned on my last status update-- which was the weirdest movie I've ever seen an absolutely brilliant all the same. They could really stand to get more of their DVD-only queu set to instant though... there's a lot of things on there I'd love to watch if they were available for instant streaming. Instead I have to wait for them to get the damn DVDs out which, right now, is taking forever because Lorina and I found The Secret World of Alex Mack DVD but it's currently checked out by someone already. That drives me nuts too, if they run out of the DVDs on harder to find shows then you're basically stuck waiting for the people to return it.

But yeah. Other than that, Mythbusters is great to have available, I've watched some Last Airbender again to get myself hyped for Korra when it comes out... the anime selection on Netflix is decent but honestly nothing compared to what most other websites have already, which isn't too surprising.

Last 10 things I watched on Instant Watch:

Bill Burr - Let It Go - 5 *s

fucking hilarious

WWE: Bobby The Brain Heenan - 4 *'s

Good documentary but felt like it was missing something

The Producers (Gene Wilder version) - 5 *'s

Springtime. For Hitler. I went in with low expectations because I had previously seen the Mathew Broderick Remake and didn't think very highly of it

No Direction Home: Bob Dylan - 2 *'s

I'm sure his life was interesting, but I'd rather it be put into a biopic. This documentary was just gravelly voiced narrating from Dylan, and a few extra nobodies that he knows

WWE: The John Cena Experience - 3 *'s.

I thought it was going to be more of a typical documentary following his successes in WWE, but it was more like "lets follow John Cena around for a month and see how many autograph signings, press conferences and TV shows he can squeeze into his life"

Can We Live Forever?: Nova scienceNOW - 5 *'s.

Laughed when Netflix started recommending Nova science videos, but by the end I was totally sucked into this.

Kathleen Madigan: Gone Madigan - 5 *'s

Freaking love Kathleen Madigan. Great female standup comedian.

Life On Mars (American version) - 5 *'s

I don't know what the British version's like, but I loved the shit out of this show. Shame it didn't last long

The Omen - 5 *'s

Horror classic I had never seen before. Damn chilling stuff. Don't think I can un-see the woman hanging herself

Sliders - 3 *'s

Gave this show a shot because it was recommended to me by Netflix, watched a couple of episodes to give it a fair chance. Not great, but not bad. Something to watch anyways

Things I plan on watching soon on my 222 item Instant Queue

Sons of Anarchy

Penn & Teller: Bullshit

Thankskilling

Hugh Heffner: Playboy, Activist, Rebel

Ong Bak 3

Ricky Steamboat: Life Story of The Dragon

Alien vs. Ninja

Gone With The Wind

How the Brain Works: 8.5/10

Very interesting and I learned about the people that associate colors with numbers.

Comic Book Confidential: 7/10

It was pretty good, but I was looking for something that focused more on superhero comics.

Stan Lee's Mutants: 9/10

I recommend this to everyone. Kevin Smith interviews Stan Lee about all aspects of his career.

Sliders is on netflix? Oh am I happy too hear that!

NewsRadio, or as I call it, awesome 22 minutes of pure joy every time out.

God, yes. Finished the second season a couple weeks ago and it's seriously a top contender for Best US Sitcom of the '90s.

NewsRadio, or as I call it, awesome 22 minutes of pure joy every time out.

God, yes. Finished the second season a couple weeks ago and it's seriously a top contender for Best US Sitcom of the '90s.

I kind of wish they had the fourth season, since my personal favorite episode is probably Super Karate Monkey Death Car and the season ratcheted up the ridiculousness so much that it was a sad fitting end that Hartman's final episode was the awesome Titanic parody.

Oh, in my bored fascination, Tom Cherones, who directed a majority of the episodes (including the one taped after Hartman's death) is a part-time professor at UA. I feel like I should ask him about what it was like and such some time.

Edited by ROC(k)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently when I have the opportunity I'm watching The Larry Sanders Show, season 3, first season of Cheers, and I'd like to get back to watching season 2 of Sons of Anarchy. Other shows I watch much more rarely include Weeds (I'm on season 4, which started really great but has dwindled back to season 3 levels of mediocrity), Sons of Anarchy (I want to watch more of it but it's so much easier to commit to 20-minute shows), and Archer (I'm having an issue with one episode on streaming so I'm taking a break from it, but it rules).

• 4 months later...