The Survivor Thread

sahyder1

What the hell is with this season?  I mean, I'm cool with the multi millionaire being an evil dick, but then we have some racist asshole who thinks the game is for pussies because he doesn't agree with the rules.  Some woman who says something as stupid as "the bad news is I lost the fishing gear but the good news is there are fish in the water" and dind't know chickens could fly...then some other girl who says "if I made it to the end it would have been impossible for me to not win" after being the 1st voted out of her tribe.... what the hell casting agency?

Plus that dude who ran after a chicken and clotheslined himself was awesome.

2 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

This thread doesn't have nearly enough love for Parvati.

Parvati is good. She got super lucky with a few breaks in the game, but she adapted to them well. I feel she is slightly overrated, in that she is probably not in the top 10 of all time. But she is probably top 11-30 region. 

What I think happens often in Survivor is when we see a player play three times, we prefer that player to somebody who's game we saw once. Like people rank Parvati over say Kim or Denise or Sophie because we've seen Parvati play three times and two of those times she dominated. We've only seen Sophie, Kim and Denise play a very great game once, so it is hard to compare. Sophie, Kim and Denise only took one shot to win, but still we've got more exposure to Parvati's game. 

I'm not sure how I feel about Samoa.  Russell is evil but he's not really being an asshole to anyone, but he's so dominantly featured that it seems like nobody else matters, except Shambo, but fuck Shambo.  Finding two hidden immunities with 0 clues is insane and he's doing a great job manipulating the game.  I hated Thailand because post merge there was pretty much nobody I cared about or wanted to win.  Samoa is kind of in the same boat, my only real interest is to see if Russell actually succeeds.

On another note, I want another All-Star season with Coach and Russell together just because I think it would be hilarious.  When is the next all-star season?

And, spoilers, Russell and Coach are definitely both villains in their seasons. I wonder if they may end up being Villains together. 

:huh:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I think the most entertaining villains team would be Russel, Coach, Shane, Tyson, Randy, Courtney, Jean-Robert, Boston Rob, Judd and Lex.  Just because it would be the most dysfunctional group of people possible.

6/10. Good work. 

And one of the ones you listed was on the shortlist but got bumped for one of the people you mentioned. So 7/11. 

17 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

And another one was confirmed to be in the early rounds of casting but didn't make the final cut.

Which one? Spoiler it so you don't ruin for Azazel.... 

1 minute ago, RPS said:

Which one? Spoiler it so you don't ruin for Azazel.... 

Spoiler

I remember in some interview or other, Courtney said that she ran into Jean-Robert during a round of casting interviews for HvV and it was about as awkward as you would expect that to be.

16 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:
  Hide contents

I remember in some interview or other, Courtney said that she ran into Jean-Robert during a round of casting interviews for HvV and it was about as awkward as you would expect that to be.

Interesting. Never heard that one. I am of the opinion that one season of Jean Robert was enough. Not that I hated him, but I just had zero desire to see him play again. 

• Like 1

Just now, RPS said:

Hide contents

Interesting. Never heard that one. I am of the opinion that one season of Jean Robert was enough. Not that I hated him, but I just had zero desire to see him play again. 

Spoiler

I would have been down to have him back but that window has long passed unless he has some awesome relative or other.

I loved seeing him pop up on the World Series of Poker Main Event when I'd watch that, in part because it usually ended in him having a really strong hand and getting beat in hilariously unfortunate fashion.

As long as I don't have to put up with Lillian, Aras, Dreamz, Twila or Crystal again I am happy.

Missing 4 villains guess: Jerri, Corinne, Natalie and Danielle?  Or for the love of god let one of them be Rocky!  Danielle doesn't really fit the villian role.. but she was one of the more attractive people on the show so far.

Heroes are actually way harder.  Villians stand out more.  I would guess Colby, Rupert, James, Cirie, Yao-Man, Ozzy, Tom (Firefighter).... Hero girls are a lot harder... Stephanie, Taj.... and then I have no idea who else I would choose except maybe Parvati, but she just won.

Now that I tried to list those I have this sinking feeling that Colby and Jerri are going to be on the same season again.

18 minutes ago, Azazel said:

As long as I don't have to put up with Lillian, Aras, Dreamz, Twila or Crystal again I am happy.

You'll be upset in one season. 

Missing 4 villains guess: Jerri, Corinne, Natalie and Danielle?  Or for the love of god let one of them be Rocky!  Danielle doesn't really fit the villian role.. but she was one of the more attractive people on the show so far.

2/4 and one of them was almost on by had to drop out due to their job. 

Heroes are actually way harder.  Villians stand out more.  I would guess Colby, Rupert, James, Cirie, Yao-Man, Ozzy, Tom (Firefighter).... Hero girls are a lot harder... Stephanie, Taj.... and then I have no idea who else I would choose except maybe Parvati, but she just won.

6/10 and one of the people you listed... GASP... is on the villain tribe. 

Now that I tried to list those I have this sinking feeling that Colby and Jerri are going to be on the same season again.

Guess you'll just have to wait and see. ;)