The Survivor Thread

sahyder1

Gonna finish Vanuatu tonight, I was starting to like it but I'm not really happy with the final four.  Scout has been useless and Twila is a piece of shit.  I was hoping for Ami, Julie, Lea Ann and Eliza to be the final four, now I just kinda hope Chris wins because it would be hilarious to see him survive from a 6 on 1 alliance 

Vanuatu wasn't my favorite season and I would rank it on the level of Marqueses, in that it didn't really have any characters I really cared about.  I would have liked to see Ami win it, once she was gone I would have laughed if Eliza won.  Chris did deserve it, but only because the womens alliance cannibalized themselves in pretty spectacular faction.  I did not like Twila at all, I wouldn't put her on Lillian levels of hate, closer to Ghandia levels.

Good chunk into Panuta or... I actually have no idea what its called.  It's hilarious to see one tribe dominate so hard and the beginning twist I think was spectacular, thankfully the singing lady didn't last.  I am already ranking this season highly because I like a lot of the cast members, especially the bad ass Tom and Ian.  One thing I really could not believe was how god damn stupid James is. He goes into total blame mode because Ibraheim lost them a challenge, saying he has to go because of it.  The bathroom building challenge James bragged about building houses, and they lost.  The knot immunity he said he could tie an unbreakable knot, and they lost.  The Sumo challenge Ibraheim was the only guy to get a win, James went 0-2, and they lost.  James lost a ton more things.

Favorite Season:
1. Outback (Season 2)
2. Pearl Islands (Season 7)
3. All Stars (Season 8)
4. Borneo (Season 1)
5, Amazon (Season 6)
6. Africa (Season 3)
7. Marqueses (Season 4)
8. Vanuatu (Season 9)
9. Thailand (Season 5)

Favorite Castaways (reset after Allstars)
1. Ami (Vanuatu)
2. Julie (Vanuatu)
3. Sarge (Vanuatu)
4. Eliza (Vanuatu)
5. Lee Ann (Vanuatu)

Least Favorite Castaways (reset after Allstarts)
1. Twila (Vanuatu)
2. Scout (Vanuatu)
3. Rory (Vanuatu)

I liked that season a lot, mostly because of Rupert and because I enjoyed hating Johnny Fairplay.  But it also had Lillian, which is the worst thing to happen to Survivor ever.  The following paragraphs will have season 10/11 spoilers so I would avoid reading Katsuya.

Palau was a really unique start and thankfully singing lady didn't make it.  Tom was the absolute best and to me, sits with Ethan and Richard as the most deserving winners.  Ian I really liked at the start but he really, really fell apart as the game went on despite having the advantage the entire time.  The Ulong losing streak was kind of cool to see finally happen and I think overall was an enjoyable season.  Since I had the weekend mostly free and Monday off I powered through Guatemala as well.  My early picks were Gary and Dani and I'm glad one of them won, despite being at a disadvantage.  Jamie/Bobby Jon was weird since they went from bitter rivals to friends so quickly after Jamie realized he lost his fucking mind out there.  Judd was an idiot, but entertaining, so I think Seasons 10 and 11 really picked up momentum.

Favorite Season:
1. Outback (Season 2)
2. Pearl Islands (Season 7)
3. Palau (Season 10)
4. All Stars (Season 8)
5. Guatemala (Season 11)
6. Borneo (Season 1)
7, Amazon (Season 6)
8. Africa (Season 3)
9. Marqueses (Season 4)
9. Vanuatu (Season 9)
10. Thailand (Season 5)

Favorite Castaways (reset after Allstars)
1. Tom (Palau)
2. Gary (Guatemala)
3. Dani (Guatemala)
4. Ami (Vanuatu)
5. Julie (Vanuatu)
6. Sarge (Vanuatu)
7. Steph (Palau)
8. Brandon (Guatemala)
9. Eliza (Vanuatu)
10. Lee Ann (Vanuatu)

Least Favorite Castaways (reset after Allstarts)
1. Twila (Vanuatu)
2. Jamie (Guatemala)
3. Scout (Vanuatu)
4. Judd (Guatemala)
5. Rory (Vanuatu)
6. Caryn (Palau)

I think my problem with Pearl Islands is that they're all mainly unlikeable people and they're also lesser versions of previous characters. Christa was Neleh, Sandra was Vecepia, Lill was like an even worse Jan, Dara was (female with no personality), Burton was a shittier Colby and Fairplay was just a terrible Rob C.

I JUST WANT SOMETHING THAT'S MINE!  Like, seriously, quitting smoking to go on Survivor may be one of the worst decision ever because he is so irritable.  I also think I have a major crush on Danielle for some reason, so I hope the final four is like Terry, Danielle, Bruce and Cirie (just because I think seeing her survive super late somehow would be great).

They are certainly getting more interesting characters.  Jamie was a great study on human psychology.  He got pissed at Bobby Jon then took it to a whole new level, acted like a complete shitbag, got super upset when Bobby Jon told him he had no class and then they became friends?  All while he became super paranoid and repeating himself.... so if Shawn outdoes that then I'm impressed.

Judd was also a great person to have on the show because he was just a loud mouthed idiot, especially because he hated the nurse for telling him he might have ADHD.

I was enjoying Exile Island but it's starting to become one of my least favorite seasons.  I think the main reason is I feel its really stagnant.  You have the alliance of idiots and assholes that outnumber the other team and they are basically screwed.  Unless something serious happens then the game becomes really predictable, even with a huge twist like the hidden immunity that will ultimately not mean much if nothing changes.  So I am hoping for a shake up of some sort to go on here.

Getting towards the end, poor Bruce.  I would love to see Terry win every single immunity.  The challenge where they had to stand on a little tower and poor water that Terry won and backflipped off it lead to the best moment of the season.  Shane bitching and trying to do a flip as well and just landing awkwardly in like a side belly flop.