General Football Thread

Starvinho

3 minutes ago, MDK said:

It wasn't even a generation ago that Graeme le Saux was getting called gay for reading a broadsheet. We have a way to go.

And we're not going to get any further until someone pushes that boundary, and/or until an entire generation or two has passed.

Edited by Benji
  • Like 1

Just now, Benji said:

And we're not going to get any further until someone pushes that boundary, or until an entire generation or two has passed.

You ain't wrong.

Sunderland U23s got beat 5-0 last night off Porto B at the Premier League International U23 Final. It was boys against men, they were a class above, they do play in the Portuguese 2nd Tier and did win that last year so when you take that into consideration, they should be beating a team made up of players with little to no first team/league experience. They have a lad on loan from Gremio called Galeno, he apparently has a 40million Euro release clause in his contract, I think they've actually signed him. Joris Kayembe was brilliant as well, Belgian U21 player. 

17 minutes ago, Benji said:

Also, I still like fairy as an insult. Removed from the gay connotations (which it obviously can't be in this context), it could just be seen as calling someone "delicate" in a physical game.

Yeah, but you are part bender so you are allowed to say it :shifty: 

2 hours ago, MDK said:

Yeah, but you are part bender so you are allowed to say it :shifty: 

Liverpool-FC-produce-a-do-001.jpg?w=445&

YOU CAN'T SAY THAT, IT'S ON OUR LIST OF NAUGHTY WORDS!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MDK said:

Can I call someone an Iron?

If it's not on there then I suppose you could? 

• Like 1

Just now, MDK said:

You fuckin' iron.

Sticks and stones may break my bones...

But words will always fucking hurt me :crying:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Sticks and stones may break my bones...

But words will always fucking hurt me :crying:

When I said you were an iron I meant it as a come-on. Mince right over here into my boudoir, sunshine. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mad Jack said:

I... Didn't even know it was offensive. Growing up it was just the term.

I know, right?!

I just looked it up now and apparently it comes from latin word meaning pure, so it means "half pure" which obviously is quite racist when said like that. 

2 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I... Didn't even know it was offensive. Growing up it was just the term.

Same here. Except that it was 'arf cast.

Then it was a bad term, so we used 'Mixed Race', but then that was deemed bad, so it was 'Mixed Heritage' which doesn't make any sense because I'm mixed heritage and I'm white as fuck.

7 hours ago, MDK said:

Same here. Except that it was 'arf cast.

Then it was a bad term, so we used 'Mixed Race', but then that was deemed bad, so it was 'Mixed Heritage' which doesn't make any sense because I'm mixed heritage and I'm white as fuck.

Wouldn't it make sense because mixed heritage doesn't necesarrily mean you are a (half) person of color?