NCAA Football 12

Blaze09

They uploaded the new MWC logo though :shifty:

I keep starting over and over and over because my ADHD can't allow me to go for more than a season or two.

I've REALLY enjoyed playing with the 2nd tier "top" programs like TAMU/Miss St/Clemson/Arizona because it presents a challenge but you don't start out in recruiting hell. There's some random 4* guys and some GREAT 3* talent.

I do like that they've gotten it much more "right" with recruit interest this year. One of my "test" runs was with LaTech and I had several 3* guys high in interest and more than enough of them to help cover actual needs. Ditto with Fresno State (even had three 4* guys year one in that one).

When you guys take over a new job at a new school, what do you do about your offensive/defensive philosophies in the first year?

In my offline dynasty, I ran a spread offense, and a 3-4 defense at FIU. I stayed there for three seasons, and had recruited the perfect (though, not highly rated) type of players for both sides of the ball. I was offered the head coaching job at Clemson, and took it.

But when I got there, I realized that they had evolved into a 4-3 defense, and were more of a ground-and-pound running team. Obviously I should have done a little research into the team before taking over, but meh, shut up. Anyway, looking at my team, we have three middle linebackers (so no depth in case of injuries) and two of them are slow and not really what I want. On offense, we have two tall receivers, but none that are really fast. And my quarterbacks are all pocket passers, when I prefer a balanced quarterback who can run the read, if need be.

I'm currently in the off-season recruiting period, so I'm busting my ass to find even a three-star balanced quarterback, and any middle linebackers with some speed to add depth.

So back to my original question: When you take over a new school, do you just stick with your gameplans? Or do you adapt, if only for one season, to use the strengths of the team you just took over? I'm a stubborn bastard, so I'm going to try to force my way in immediately. I may get Rich-Rod'd after a couple years, but it's my way or the highway, damn it.

I generally keep my philosophies. If I need to, I take advantage of the "Change Positions" portion of the offseason and move an outside backer or two into the middle position.

As far as receivers go, as long as they're good you can probably survive a year or two in a spread system.

Best playbook I've found thus far has been Miss. St. So much fun with a fast QB, even more fun when you start at Baylor.

Since I run a pro-style offense, I can fit almost any type of player into it. If I have pass-blocking lineman, I pass more. If I have road gravers, I'm going to pound the ball down your throat. I prefer to keep it balanced, maybe a little run heavy. I'll move WRs around, I like at least one big guy down in the redzone. Funny, the two most important non-lineman in my offense might be the TE and FB. I need guys that can block and catch in both of those positions, especially the TE. LOVE tall TEs that can catch and block.

Defensively, I run a high-energy, attacking 4-3, so I need man corners that can press, and speed EVERYWHERE. I like big, run-stuffing DTs, with pass rushing DEs, so that I can get pressure with just the front four, which makes my blitz happy nature even more effective. I *really* need CBs that can stay on an island, because I love to send more than they can block in passing situations. If I don't have that, I just have to be more conservative.

I run a Multiple offense so I should be doing okay with whoever I take over. With Wazzu I started with a good RB (helped by great Guards) and good WR, but awful QB's. So my playcalling is basically centered around running, Play Action, and Draws with not much variety. Defense I inherited a team with a lot of good pass rushers so I just set up a 3-4 and basically have 4 OLBs, 2 run stoppers in the middle, and Coverage MLB. I also lucked out in recruiting getting a stud FS (nobody else offered him a scholarship but Wazzu was like his 4th choice) who catches everything thrown his way. So in that situation I did great, but my previous job at Texas Tech I basically had to stick with a 4-3 despite my love of the 3-4 (or I guess the 5-2).

So long story short I wait a year or two if I must but if I inherit a team where I can move players around how I want them then I make the changes.

Does anyone know if you get invited to conferences in this years game? I know with conference realignment they might have taken it out of the game. I cannot find anywhere online that shows a definite answer. It is just much more rewarding of a feeling to be invited to a conference then to just change it yourself when you create a small school and try to turn them into a powerhouse.