NCAA Football 12

Blaze09

Yeah, I'm doing some test runs before the patch hits as well.

For shits and giggles I had it on AA difficulty and put my Pass Block/Run Block at 60 and the AI pass rush/run defense at 40 .... results ? yeah, I had to double check that I actually moved the sliders. Sometimes I wonder if the moves actually register with the AI <_<

I've found a pretty good mix but am just fine tuning that little bit there.

Also, FUCK the super sim this year. Holy shit.

So, as I've said, I've been running some 'test' dynasties. Playing as North Texas (a lot of fun, by the way), and I've found that using the 'Ask Coach' figure really helps me mix up my offense. It keeps me from falling into the trap of using the same formations and plays over and over in the same formations. I think that when I do my 'real' dynasty, the one where I'm going to do a coaching career write-up in the Cube, I'm going to use that, and change the offense whenever I change OCs. Kinda like I'd be a defensive minded head coach, who turns over the offense to his OC.

Ask Coach is real useful for me running a defense too, I'm currently DC at Western Michigan and the feature lets me pick between a variety of play types without using the same formations. I'm transitioning the team to a fast-paced 3-4 as I bring in recruits and I'm a little worried whether when that happens if the coach will notice where our strengths are or just continue to lean on the types of plays he does now.

I kind of want a football game but I know fuck-all about them. How is NCAA Football '12? For someone whose grasp on football is pretty rudimentary, would I still enjoy it? How easy(/hard) is it learn to play?

So my 2nd year in Dynasty featured undefeated Wisconsin and undefeated VA Tech destroying their competition all season, until they both were stunned in their conference championships. This opened the door for a National Championship game of Fresno State vs. Utah. This is easily the best thing that has ever happened in an NCAA Dynasty for me.

I'll be hitting the job market after this year and moving up from Western Michigan's DC, my Prestige is at B+ so I think I can land a DC job in an AQ conference and then take a HC job in another year or two.

I kind of want a football game but I know fuck-all about them. How is NCAA Football '12? For someone whose grasp on football is pretty rudimentary, would I still enjoy it? How easy(/hard) is it learn to play?

I would recommend NCAA before I recommended Madden to a first timer. Especially this year. There's a far greater chasm between the best and worst teams in NCAA than there is in Madden so you can get used to the game by playing teams that are far worse than you.

My favorite offense to run in Dynasty is the pistol. I'm closing in on having my two backs get a 1,000 yards on the season and my QB will more than likely end up with 850 rushing yards or so.

I started as OC for Ohio and after beating Ohio State two straight years, I took an OC job at UCLA. We dropped a game in Oregon which I knew was going to happen and a hard lost to Stanford. We got Kansas in the Holiday Bowl and they usually give up an average close to 140 in rushing yards, so I'm expecting a win there.

I'm SMU in my online dynasty. We're currently sitting at #11 at 9-0. I've managed to sign two 4* running backs (no, we're not paying them) and a buttload of 3* talent. Padron is on pace to throw for 3000 yards while Line and Fields are both probably going to break a 1000 yards each. I alternate running backs on every play to keep each one fresh. The best news? Padron and Line are only juniors and Fields is a sophomore. :)

I beat Kansas rather easily in the Holiday Bowl. Stanford beat Oregon and both were undefeated going into the Pac-12 championship. Stanford lost to Texas in that National Championship and Oregon beat Ohio State in the Rose Bowl.

I got a HC job offer at Michigan, but I turned them down for the time being because I kinda want to see how good I can make UCLA. I brought in two 4* lineman and a 5* corner, so I got UCLA is on the rise.

I left Western Michigan and am now DC at Texas Tech, currently #7 in the nation with losses at Alabama and at Texas. I landed a 5* ATH recruit and have been filling in with 4* and 3* players. I had some decent recruiting classes at WMU but I'm too good of a DC and now they're back at the level they should be, battling with other teams to win the conference. I'm probably going to see out my contract at TTU before going for an HC position somewhere, by then my Prestige will likely be high enough where not a lot of jobs will turn me down.