NCAA Football 12

Blaze09

Slogger, I'd seen that too (one very similar at least) and almost went with it.

Instead, Dat Nguyen is the new head coach at TCU in the revamped and BCS Auto-qualifying MWC:

East - Boise St, AzSt, Az, Utah, BYU, Nevada, UNLV

West - ColSt, Col, Neb, TCU, NMSt, NM, UTEP

Yeah, they're a bit uneven ... I know. A North/South split just wouldn't work well either. TCU/Boise St every year, along with TCU/BYU so the difficulty is still there. With those two games and NEB in my division, the division is less unbalanced.

Have you been playing teams better then you DMN or are you a lot better them? Oh, and I've got my week 2 game done.

I was a lot better than the FCS school I played, and probably moderately better than UNLV, ratings wise.

I'll have to see how things work out as I get into the meat of my conference schedule, but I'm betting that things are about where they need to be for me right now, if not a little on the easy side. If Oregon and Stanford kick my head in, I won't complain.

The high passing stats might have a lot to do with my passing philosophy, since I run a TON of short stuff, lots of west coast principles. Slants, crosses, outs, all are easy completions.

I didn't want to hijack the PS3 OD thread so I decided to bring it here. But I just found it interesting to see DMN's gameplan for how he plays. It makes sense since he's from California. But it made me realize that I play the way I do because of how football is here in Upstate New York. Since it's usually cold, windy, and sometime snowy during football season. All we do is usually pound the ball down your throat, and pass when necessary. Maybe air it out when they're commited to the run. Hence that's my approach for most of the games I play. It's just what I'm used to.

Sort of makes me think on how everyone comes up with their own gameplan.

Honestly, I play alot like the Eagles do. Long downfield passes..heavy usage of the TE in the short passing game, and I completely abandon the run game if I don't get a decent start with it, replacing it with screen passes and QB scrambles

5 games into my second season with USF, won all 5 games, currently ranked 13 in the nation really enjoying this one.

Oh and I run the ball a lot, using my hb, my fb and scrambling with the qb a ton. My return guy got some kind of award last year too.

Edited by McDanlad's

Anyone interested in doing a 2 player or 3 player online dynasty? The premise would be UF FSU and MIA. Would be fun and interesting as we would have a lot of intertwining and would love to turn it into something in The Cube. Also does anyone know if we can customize the conferences on an Online Dynasty?

Ok, it took a while but after going over and over it ... this is what I've started my dynasty with. I know there will be people like DMN screaming about some teams being let into the PAC12 that never would be and the like :P but I went through this with a list of like 10 criteria to come to this final set for the conferences:

Big 12

East: Tulsa/Oklahoma/OkSt/Ark/LSU/Tulane

West: TCU/SMU/Houston/A&M/Texas/Texas Tech

With the available options I protected Ark/A&M - OU/Tx - Tulsa/HOU - OkSt/Tech - LSU/A&M - Tulane/HOU

Jerry World will host the title ... Sugar Bowl is now the BCS affiliate.

ACC

Atlantic: FSU/Clemson/UCF/NCSt/ECU/VT

Coastal: Florida/Miami/NC/USF/South Carolina/Virginia

With the available options I protected VT/Virginia - FSU/Florida - NCSt/NC - Clemson/SC - UCF/USF - ECU/Miami (since they were odd out)

Bank of America Stadium will still host the title ... Orange Bowl is still the affiliate.

Big 10

Leaders: Cincy/Illinois/Indiana/Mizzou/OSU/Purdue/Wisconsin

Legends: Iowa/IowaSt/Mich/MichSt/Minnesota/Northwestern/Notre Dame

Protected Illinois/NW - IU/MichSt - OSU/Mich - ND/Purdue - Minn/Wisc - Mizzou/ISU - Cincy/ND (gave me Cincy couldn't change them)

Lucas Oil Stadium will host title game ... Rose Bowl still the affiliate.

Big East

BC/UConn/Marshall/WV/Pitt/PennSt/Maryland/Rutgers/Temple/Syracuse

BCS slot is not tied to a specific bowl

SEC

North: Bama/UGA/Louisville/OleMiss/Tenn/UAB

South: Auburn/GT/UK/Memphis/MissSt/SMiss

Protected UGA/GT - UAB/Memphis - UL/Memphis - UK/Tenn - Miss/MissSt - Bama/Aub

Legion Field will host title game ... Sugar Bowl still the BCS affiliate.

MWC

East: Az/AzSt/BoiseSt/BYU/Nev/UNLV/Utah

West: Col/ColSt/Neb/KansSt/Kansas/New Mex/New Mex St

Best conference record will host title game ... Fiesta Bowl is BSC affiliate.

Protected BoiseSt/ColSt - BYU/Col - Utah/Col - Nev/KSU - UNLV/Kansas - ASU/NEB - Zona/NM (the conference split kept all the major ones intact)

Pac 12

Cal/Stanford/Oregon/OrgSt/USC/UCLA/Wash/WashSt/FresnoSt/Hawaii

Rose Bowl is still affiliate

Sun Belt

Ark St/FIU/FAU/MTSU/Troy/WKU/ULM/ULL/LT/NT

Conference USA

Duke/WF/Baylor/Vandy/Rice

Let all the smart kids play each other and not get curb stomped 8 out of 11 weeks.

WAC

Idaho/SDSU/UtahSt/Wyoming/SJSU/UTEP

Ditto these "other" guys. Left overs really.

The service academies are the only independents. The MAC is unchanged saved Temple going to the Big East.

HTTK I think you have a typo for you Rivalries for the big 12...TCU and SMU so I did TCU and LSU and the SMU and Tulane.

TCU/SMU & LSU/Tulane makes more sense. Sure they won't be close rivalries, but Tulane hates LSU.

TCU/SMU and LSU/Tulane don't need to be protected though, both sets of schools are in the same division with each other.

I just don't get what you were talking about as a type for the rivalries Vendetta. With the available options those were the best bets.

Also, A-Dub ... yes, fuck the superbacker ... although being able to lead your WR's is nice.

The only blocking problem I have is the O-line occasionally releasing their blocks a half second too early and I get stuffed. Only started happening a lot once I got a job in the SEC though.

If it weren't for the super backers, I would be decimating teams. I guess I can't be too mad that their evening it up, but make the coverage better instead of relying on super backers.

That said, I'm loving this game. I've already gone through an embarrassing number of years in dynasty, helps that the games fly by when you're a coordinator.