NCAA Football 12

Blaze09

I'm, surprisingly, having a ton of fun with RTG. Ran up some absurd rushing stats as an option QB, won a state title, and then started the first game of my freshman season at Alabama. I'm already like, a 90 overall.

Hate not being able to call my own plays. I have no problem with handing off to Trent Richardson a ton, but the pass plays they call are, let's just say, not to my strengths as a player.

I'm, surprisingly, having a ton of fun with RTG. Ran up some absurd rushing stats as an option QB, won a state title, and then started the first game of my freshman season at Alabama. I'm already like, a 90 overall.

Hate not being able to call my own plays. I have no problem with handing off to Trent Richardson a ton, but the pass plays they call are, let's just say, not to my strengths as a player.

If you started from day one it's easy to earn your coach's trust quickly. By then end of my first season I had the trust thing maxed out.

Yeah, I've played two games, and done two practices, and I'm almost to 'Veteran Starter'. This is with me throwing multiple INTs during practice, and not getting a chance to really rack up stats in games, because Alabama runs the ball a ton. I would have gone to UCLA, but I plan to use them as my offline dynasty team, so...

Eh, I'm not really worried about it. I'm just playing with it to mess around, while I wait for a certain set of PS3 rosters (luvtotha9s, if you care, they were AWESOME on 11) to come out to start my actual UCLA dynasty. I'm not even trying to play realistically, just trying to see if there's a trophy for winning a NC in RTG. I'd assume so.

I play on X-Box 360. I use the roster from Fairdale Kings. It's pretty good, I used his roster for 11 also.

So I just created a QB for RTG. He was a 5 star recruit, ranked 68 in the nation, won the State Championship, etc. I decided to go to North Carolina on a scholarship, 2nd string. No idea why. It's week 3 and I just got the starting job. I have a feeling the ACC is going to be a bitch.

As for HttC's tweeking of the conferences. TCU to the Big 12?

I'd love to play defense on RTG, but I hate the camera angle. I want to play safety, but I can't tell if someone is behind me or not. And the way the camera will move, causing me to run in the wrong direction pisses me off too. I've found I can only get into QB, RB, & WR RTGs for that very reason.

I ultimately used the Big-12 to re-make the SWC. You're a Texas boy, think about doing that?

I'm curious as to what everyone's approach to recruiting is. For years I went about going to the prospect list and just trying to get the very best players at the positions I needed. And only when they were interested in my school.

But the last couple years I've been going about things differently. If I'm running a passing team, I'll only really recruit pass blocking offensive linemen and pocket passer quarterbacks. Before I'd take a scrambler quarterback even if it didn't fit my offense just because he was the #7 QB in the country and was interested. I've found I have a lot more freedom with my scholarships if I actually strategize them around my gameplanning. It's not always the case, like if a player is Top-10 or Top-12 at his position, I still highly consider them.

So do you guys just take the best players interested in your school? Or do you actually take the style they play the game into consideration?

honestly, I hate the new recruiting that they introduced in 2011. I finally got good at recruiting with 2010, and they go ahead and change it. In 2011, I quit playing because I couldn't land any players I wanted. So far in the EWB 360 OD, I landed a 2 star guard on the first try when I offered a scholarship. But I doubt I'll get many after..

Schools in consideration for the Big 12 (which may be more than 12): TCU/SMU/Houston/Arkansas/LSU/Tulsa/Tulane/Rice

- in consideration for removal: Mizzou/Iowa State/Nebraska/Colorado

I ultimately used the Big-12 to re-make the SWC. You're a Texas boy, think about doing that?

I think turning the Big 12 into the SWC would fit well with the direction you're going.

Don't know if anyone else has heard, but there is supposedly a MAJOR bug/problem with named rosters. ANY editing of a player will cause that players 'Tendency' to change. Doesn't seem to effect every tendency, but most of them. For instance, editing Denard Robinson in any fashion will cause him to go from a 'Scrambler' to 'Balanced'. This effects other positions as well, and has major ramifications on all facets of game play against the CPU.

More info at the link below, supposedly EA is working on a fix.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/496010-ncaa-football-12-roster-glitch-confirmed-patch-address-concerns.html

Dunno what this means for the EWB OD's. If we do wait for a patch and start over, though, I'm switching teams :P

Then depending on what you're doing with the SEC, what about taking Arkansas, LSU, and maybe Alabama or Auburn (or both?)and putting them in a conference with Texas, A&M, Tech, Baylor, SMU, & Rice? I don't know how 'loaded' you want conferences, but that's no more jacked than a usual SEC.

I'm heavily looking at a new "SWC" type of conference, yes. I just don't want to fill it only with Texas schools. My overall goal is to level out the conferences as much as possible (not just with team quality, but with recruiting beds etc).

I like this Custom SWC that I stumbled across.

Big 12 divides into Lone Star [baylor, Houston, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, and Texas Tech] and Heartland [iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State] conferences)

Seems pretty cool to me and leaves open room for swapping out Texas teams and such.

Don't know if anyone else has heard, but there is supposedly a MAJOR bug/problem with named rosters. ANY editing of a player will cause that players 'Tendency' to change. Doesn't seem to effect every tendency, but most of them. For instance, editing Denard Robinson in any fashion will cause him to go from a 'Scrambler' to 'Balanced'. This effects other positions as well, and has major ramifications on all facets of game play against the CPU.

More info at the link below, supposedly EA is working on a fix.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/496010-ncaa-football-12-roster-glitch-confirmed-patch-address-concerns.html

Dunno what this means for the EWB OD's. If we do wait for a patch and start over, though, I'm switching teams :P

From what people have been speculating, it could take weeks for a patch to come out. I would rather just keep it going instead of waiting and potentially have everyone lose interest. We could just restart now with unnamed rosters.

Edit: It sounds like new recruits are also messed up in unedited/unnamed dynasty rosters. There goes that idea.