2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

I'm still a big fan of Cudicini but Spurs really need some top quality 25 year old keeper who can hold down the number 1 jersey for the next 13 years.

Friedel will tideus over for a year or two if he stays fit. The guy's still solid, if not at the top of his game any more.

Big gamble for Spurs, especially if they see him as their new #1. At 40 he could break down with an injury at anytime and that could be his top level football days over. But if he stays fit and plays like he has done for the last 10 years then Spurs have just got themselves one of the best keepers in the league.

Friedel isn't exactly known for his injuries.

Big gamble for Spurs, especially if they see him as their new #1. At 40 he could break down with an injury at anytime and that could be his top level football days over. But if he stays fit and plays like he has done for the last 10 years then Spurs have just got themselves one of the best keepers in the league.

Friedel isn't exactly known for his injuries.

I know but I'm just saying at that age, one injury and it could be career over, so that's why it's a bit of a gamble from Spurs.

A bad injury is a bad injury no matter who gets it. A broken leg or ankle will keep any player out for a long time, be them 40 or 21. There are risks involved Spurs getting Brad, as I try very hard to put put my bias aside, but worry over potential injuries shouldn't be one of them.

Anyone playing at 40 isn't going to be the player they once were, but, I think he is still good enough to tide Spurs over for a season. A two year deal tho? Not sure about that. But from what I hear Brad has big money woes so, good deal for him.

Yup. His soccer school went bankrupt and he's bigtime in cash trouble. That's why he drastically wanted a two year deal. I'm glad he got it, thoroughly great guy. Brilliant in his time with us, and sure. He may do the business for a transitional year, but two year deal is a cash risk. I just hope 'arry treats him right and he carries on his wonderful record breaking starting sequence.

I will imagine he will play first choice for this season, or at least fight Gomes for first choice, then the second season will be spent either as:

a) an understudy for Gomes who actually returns to the form of last season and the first half of this season.

b) an understudy for a new, exciting keeper Spurs bring in.

To be honest, Spurs haven't had a truly great keeper since Erik Thorstvedt in the early 90s...

He could clearly still do a job.

Yup. His soccer school went bankrupt and he's bigtime in cash trouble. That's why he drastically wanted a two year deal. I'm glad he got it, thoroughly great guy. Brilliant in his time with us, and sure. He may do the business for a transitional year, but two year deal is a cash risk. I just hope 'arry treats him right and he carries on his wonderful record breaking starting sequence.

That's the risk when you run a not-for-profit business. And trust Barry Venison. :shifty:

• Admin

West Bromwich have made the free-transfer signing of Preston defender Billy Jones on a three-year deal.

Hamburg have signed Italy Under-19 midfielder Jacopo Sala from Chelsea for an undisclosed fee. Sala is the second player the German side have signed from the Blues this week following the capture of defender Michael Mancienne. Arnesen also stated he will hold talks with another Chelsea defender, Jeffrey Bruma, with a view to bringing him to the Bundesliga, reportedly on a two-year loan deal.

Motherwell have completed the signing of former St Mirren striker Michael Higdon on a free transfer.

Awesome signing for Spurs with Friedel. He may be old, but he's still proving he's one of the most consistent and fantastic keepers out there. Sure, as you get older you begin to decline slightly, but fuck, that guy has been putting in better performances than people half his age. A guy they can clearly rely on for at least the next season and somebody who can really make a massive difference to a team, because he's capable of pulling out unbelievable performances.

Derby_County_11_12_Adidas_Home_Kit_1.jpg

Derby home - hooped you might notice, two tones of white.

Also, Swansea have announced that adidas will be making their kits.

I do believe you posted in the wrong thread :P