2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

I disagree, with them signing Alexis Sanchez aswell, someone in the team has got to give and Pep's not going to drop Villa and Messi from the front two so that leaves Pedro. That being said, I don't see Barca dropping Xavi or Iniesta and Fabregas can't really play the holding midfield role so if Barca do sign Fabregas and Sanchez, one of them will have to start on the bench.

What's wrong with having more quality players in the squad, it means they can rotate more and they wouldn't have to worry as much for players being burnt out. Plus you have to remember, this Barca team isn't gonna last forever, so like every other team in the world they have to have an eye on the future.

I dont' see why they give a fuck. Barely a single team in La Liga isn't in eye watering debt. They all seem perfectly happy to spend money they don't have while running local businesses out of work because they won't pay them.

As for Fabregas, well I'm guessing he's Xavi's long term replacement most likely. Although I'm pretty sure they've forgotten that Fabregas is even a footballer and have just convinced themselves that they need to bring him back because he was there as a youngster, that it's his 'destiny' and most of all just really annoyed that Arsenal have the temerity to say no to the all conquering spoilt brats that are Barcelona as if it's some kind of sin.

They restructured the debt recently, no? Also you're forgetting their ridiculously huge new shirt sponsorship deal with the Qatar Foundation.

The shirt sponsorship begins for the 2011-2012 season so it's possible they've not received the first payment. Even then, it's *only* 30m euros per year ... which in the terms of their debts, isn't as much as it looks like it is on paper. Also, this is the first ever deal that pays Barcelona for the front of their shirt.

There were heavy rumors that this new money was used to keep players at Barca, as they'd have had to sell if they didn't take the shirt sponsorship.

Found the numbers for last year that saw even with the selling of some fringe players their loss was still 90m and after the restructure they've still got 500m in debt.

Probably won't. Or will have him loaned to Roma for 2 years with an option to buy him permanently. They still haven't got round to adding a "sign a player but immediately loan back to same club for 1/2/3 years" option so they probably won't bother with this. :(

Barcelona have convinced Roma to sign Bojan for 12m euros. And after two years Barcelona will buy him back for 13m, unless Roma fork out another 28m.

... Fuck me Barcelona have robbed them blind.

From my understanding it's a good deal for Roma, as long as they have no obligation to pay the €28mil. They're basically being paid €1mil to take him on loan for 2 years.

• Like 1

Unless they activate that humungous fee, obviously no saying they will but you'd wonder why it was included otherwise. In which case it would be 40m for an alright player.

Sounds like we're winding down our transfer business, as expected, Bruce has announced we'll be playing 4-4-1-1 from the sounds of it pretty much ruling out any more movement for a striker. The only area we need to strengthen would be the left side, we need a 'proper' left back, but if not Bardsley and Richardson will play there, and a left midfielder. Sounds like N'Zogbia (who has reached Voldermort levels of 'he who must not be named' status amoung Sunderland fans) would be keen on a move but we just can't really seem to make the £10m payment necessary. And of course Whelan would no doubt move the goalposts after saying £10m would do, he'd up it to £12m most likely.

Wouldn't mind Adam Johnson on loan. Was interested in coming to us before Man City swooped in and took him, but it depends how likely he is to factor. If it's looking like he may struggle to make an impact then he may be willing, but I'd figure he'll probably be included in Mancini's plans to some extent. So we'll be left worryingly short on the left wing with only Malbranque/Richardson/Colback who can really play there.

Edited by IAceI

• Admin

Felipe Melo has joined Galatasaray on a one-year loan for €1.5m. Club have option to buy for €13m.

So shhh with the Melo to Arsenal rubbish.

Sky Sports sources understand that Paris St Germain have made a formal £8.7million bid for QPR's Adel Taarabt.