WWE '12

Guest rasko

Managed to get online long enough to download a halfway decent Colt Cabana. Then I started punching in the names of various current WWE guys who weren't in the game. Passed on all of the Tyler Reks' and Epico's that were there because they all sucked, and before I knew it I was booted off again. :angry: Guess I shouldn't be picky when the servers are like this.

There are no Usos, Hawkins, Barettas or Taminas yet (the only ones I care for)

Has anyone else's universe mode stopped playing entrance cut-scenes for matches? Mine just keeps skiping to the start of the match where you select who you want to control. Never remember turning entrances off.

Anyway, just had a tremendous finish to a match, which caused me to mark out a little even though I lost. It was at Elimination Chamber, and I was playing as Punk to try and defend the WWE Championship through the match and go to Mania as Champion. Match was Punk vs. Del Rio vs. Miz vs. Morrison vs. Truth vs. Mysterio.

Anyway, I'm forced to start (with Jo-Mo), and get a bit battered; though I manage to eliminate Jo-Mo and Truth and I do work over Mysterio a lot before Miz eliminates him.

So, it's down to Me vs. Del Rio vs. Miz, and I'm busted open, but have a stored finisher. And this is the exact finish of the match: Del Rio picks me up and goes for a running clothesline, but I counter into a leverage-pin style small-package and eliminate Del Rio. I know I'm fucked and can't mess around, so the second I stand up from pinning Del Rio and see that Miz is stood next to me, I press triangle for the GTS - only Miz shoves me away, and instantly hits the Skull Crushing Finale FTW :D

It all flowed so well and so smoothly it looked awesome; and I can totally buy Miz biding his time, sneaking up on the Champion and getting one counter spot-on to win the title.

And now, Miz has to defend the title at Wrestlemania against Royal Rumble winner R-Truth; which after the end of the real RAW this week, seems nicely apt.

Edited by Yoshihiro timmayyama
  • Like 2

Universe mode is becoming hilarious now CAWs are involved. I've only created three people, and two of them are Gorillas >_<

Michael McGillicutty was going to Pillmanize Alex Riley after their match on Superstars, but he was saved by Ultimate Gorilla Jr (a luchadore gorilla in a comedy hat). His larger tag team partner, El Hijo Del Gorilla, was featured the following week in a Six-Man Battle Royal along with Jerry Lawler, Alex Riley, Otunga & McGillicutty, and Husky Harris, who I'm still hoping will rise up the ranks.

On RAW, John Cena had a mystery tag team partner for his match against Jack Swagger & Michael Cole, and it turned out to be Tiger King. Cena, Rey Mysterio and Tiger King have now formed an alliance, and Tiger King is feuding with Michael Cole.

Elsewhere on Universe, Kane is feuding with Alberto Del Rio, having fought in different gimmick matches every week on Smackdown, with the missus playing as Kane, and myself as Del Rio. She won the first two - a Falls Count Anywhere match following a Tombstone Piledriver on the stage, and an Extreme Rules match following a Tombstone on to the ring steps inside the ring - but I won the final one, a Last Man Standing match, after a brutal suplex from the apron to the inside, dropping Kane back-first across the steps. Genuinely winced at how he landed.

Sin Cara won the Royal Rumble, in probably the most fun Rumble match I've had on of these games in years - with the exception of all CAW and Legend Royal Rumbles I used to have with my mates while drunk, when every CAW was a manifestation of some kind of in-joke. It came down to Sin Cara and Goldust, with myself as Goldust, and it was ridiculously hard-fought...was gutted to lose, but at least it wasn't to someone that would have been ridiculous.

The Undertaker won Smackdown's Elimination Chamber, and Shawn Michaels won RAW's, and that's where things stand at the moment...

My favorite run in Universe so far has started at the Royal Rumble where I was entered as number one with a CAW and number two was Daniel Bryan. I beat the ever loving tar our of Bryan, but purposely never eliminated him from the match. At the end of the rumble we were the final two, and he hit his comeback sequence and I ended up against the ropes. I allowed him to eliminate my CAW (I didn't want this character near the world title scene).

Similar to real life, Mark Henry has been my World Heavyweight Champion and has been injuring folks left and right. In the following weeks Daniel Bryan ended up being booked against increasingly larger opponents. Barrett, Sheamus, Nash, Big Show, etc... and each time would comeback and make them tap to the LaBell Lock, or score a surprise crucifix.

Elimination Chamber comes around. It is the sequence of guys DB had beaten one on one and the champ. The match starts with DB out first against me as Henry. Again, Bryan takes a pillar to post beat down but picks up most of the eliminations until it is Henry, Nash, and Bryan. Bryan locked me in the LaBell and Nash broke it up, Jacknife'd him and then turned into my World Strongest Slam only to be pinned himself. Then Henry pinned the downed Bryan and retained.

Next Raw we have the Champion vs Champion match and Bryan runs in and beats down Henry, triggering a rash of matches where Henry would manage Bryan's opponents, DB would win and Henry would then run in and murder him after the match.

Wrestlemania is up next... w00t.gif

I havent played Universe at all yet and have unlocked like 4 guys I think. Not sure if you can get them outside RTWM or not

The majority are unlocked via Universe.

If I'm not wrong you can unlock McCool, Austin, Goldust, Lesnar and Demolition in Universe. Everyone else can be unlocked from RTWM.

Edited by Jaime Zannister

Guest flierthananostrich

Having great fun pushing the McGillibuddies. Currently feuding with John Morrison, had a ladder match set up for Michael against John but Otunga randomly took Michael's place and i ended up beasting Morrison and he got inkured :)

I havent played Universe at all yet and have unlocked like 4 guys I think. Not sure if you can get them outside RTWM or not

The majority are unlocked via Universe.

If I'm not wrong you can unlock McCool, Austin, Goldust, Lesnar and Demolition in Universe. Everyone else can be unlocked from RTWM.

As well as Sin Cara.

Anyone else think some of these new angles make the wrestlers look like plastercine dolls? They're pretty shitty.

Edited by zrc

Just finished the 1st Raw after the Royal Rumble here is the major events that have happened since my last update:

Brock has been feuding with Riley and Orton, there was a triple threat match on NXT with Riley and Orton celebrating at the end, Led to Orton/Undertaker/Kane/Lesnar in a 4 man battle royal at the Royal Rumble for the title which Orton won defending his title, on the Raw after the Rumble, Randy was set to face Sheamus who instead brought out Drew McIntyre to face him. After Orton won the match Brock came out and attacked Randy with his title.

With the Christian/Edge/Ziggler story, Wade Barrett entered the picture and there has been a serious of tag matches with Edge not coming down to the ring for one of them and both of them got attacked with chairs at the end of that match when Edge came down to the ring.

The Divas of Doom are still feuding with Kelly Kelly who is still feuding with Maryse over the Divas Title

Cody Rhodes won the IC Title beating Ezekiel Jackson, still feuding with Mark Henry and Daniel Bryan

John Morrison won the Royal Rumble eliminating Triple H at the end.

Also the WWE 12 Servers are still being shite for me :(

Universe ruined one of my storylines. There's a big thing going involving the Heavyweight Title, which belongs to Triple H and teh number one contenders, being Cena, Punk and Swagger. The contenders have a triple threat, which Punk wins, and as is tradition, before the title match at the PPV, there's a enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend type tag team match with Trips and Swagger against Punk and Cena. Only, Punk doesn't come to the ring. Seems Cena's taken it upon himself to trade Punk out for a different partner who is...Zack Ryder. fml

• Like 1

Finally made it to WrestleMania! The card the computer has set up (which I usually run with) is:

WCW United States Championship

Dolph Ziggler © vs Goldust

Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk

Interpromotional Match

Maryse vs Natalya vs Eve vs Beth Phoenix

ECW Championship

Undertaker © vs Kevin Nash

Hell In A Cell

Triple-H vs Jack Swagger vs Chris Carter (CAW)

WCW Championship

The Miz © vs The Big Show (Royal Rumble winner)